GIRLGUIDING

GIRLGUIDING Employee Reviews

Fun and Interesting Experience
Volunteer Helper (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands2 October 2019
I had a fun time interacting with children/teenagers by helping them develop their creativity. It was a new and exciting opportunity to volunteer and help the community.
Waste of Timers
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Harold Wood23 July 2019
I would not recommend volunteering at the Girl Guides they dont provide any support, training, they discriminate, they dont give people a first chance they dont know what equal opps is
They are a complete load of time wasters
They do not empower women
I would not give you a star rating
Pros
Cons
Waste of time
Waste of time
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Harold Wood, Greater London22 July 2019
I would not volunteer for girl guides they are a waste of time they disrcriminate and they never give people a first chance no equal.opps judgemental no equal opps bunch of idiots
Not a good place to volunteer
Pros
Cons
Judgemental
Fun place to volunteer
Assistant Leader (Current Employee) –  Devon31 January 2019
Every day is different.
Work with a team of volunteers.
Provide activities for young women.
Development.
Support.
Training.
Friendly.

Best part - seeing young women grow in confidence, try new things, learn new skills
Excellent
Outdoor Activity Instructor (Current Employee) –  Clitheroe, Lancashire24 August 2017
Great team and support throughout the job. The job involved different roles and experiences. Opportunities to provide general assistance on site such as site management.
Fun and interesting but a lot of work
Leader in charge (Former Employee) –  Bolton16 July 2017
I gained a lot from here but you have to put a lot of hours
you gain a qualification in early years and you can do alot of other courses like child first aid
Pros
training fun
Cons
really long hours days away
fun place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham15 April 2017
It's great that girlguiding is around it enables young women, to be creative, explore their skills, find out what they are capable of doing. It encourages them to be independent and encourages them to have fun while socialising with other young women that are the same age as them.

I love been a volunteer with girlguiding, I love been able to see how young people interact with each other. The girls know that if they need someone to talk to then they can come to me or any of the other adults in the unit.
Pros
Fun activities, trips out. Holidays are the same as school.
Cons
long hours for me with doing both Brownies and Guides in one night
Fun workplace
Young Leader (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working with the girls in their weekly activities. I lead many games and have even accompanied them on a weekend trip away. I hope to inspire them in the people they choose to be as they continue to strive through childhood.
Pros
Good opportunities
volunteering
adult leader (Former Employee) –  parochial hall, Great Ayton1 April 2017
this is a volunteering experience not paid.

once a week for 2 hours approximately. Leading group of 24 girls aged 10-12 with assistance from other leaders. Running activities, crafts and general caregiving.
A rewarding, life-experience
Rainbow Leader (Former Employee) –  Towcester, Northamptonshire14 March 2017
Being a Rainbow Leader means that I was responsible for 10 energetic, lovely girls. I ran my group with 3 other members to make up the adult to child ratio.

I learned to ensure that every child under my care was protected. I set up a security system and got parents to confirm who can collect their children by signing a consent form. Each of my children had their own personal file as they each had individual needs.

The work environment was always lively and formative, as well as bring out their creative spirit, my team and I always made sure that those children walked away learning something new. I made contact with the local fire department so they can educate my girls in the important of fire safety.

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I received. I take pride in ensuring that I follow the rules and because of the lack of support it made me come across as unprofessional

I have to say the most enjoyable part of that job are those girls. Whenever I found situations difficult or stressful, all that melts away when one of the girls achieved something she's been struggling with the week before. Or when children come back the week after a lesson and tell me that they changed the batteries to their fire alarm.

Just knowing I am positive influence on those girls makes me want to do more.
Pros
Rewarding experience
Cons
No guidance
fast pace great place towork
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Trafford Park, Greater Manchester28 February 2017
I enjoyed working here this was a fast paced job with a high standard in all areas as required within the warehouse sector
the management were good, the training was also great.
I worked alone and as part of a team
my roles were picking packing shipping data inputting cleaning duty's etc. overall I would rate this company a 5*
Pros
local
Cons
non
Fun and calm work inviroment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pontypool, Torfaen27 February 2017
Working with girl guides is a great privilege because the strong women who run are incredible people who help girls become confident, independent and help them make new friendships.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No pay
Fun workplace
Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  London3 December 2016
I thoroughly enjoy giving up my time to work with children, I do this every monday from 5:45pm to 7:30pm I find it extremely beneficial in learning new skills and sharing these with others.
Safe, easy and a great place for work experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife26 November 2016
A simple volunteering job - taking care of young girls for an hour each week and keeping them entertained. The atmosphere is extremely friendly and is overall a fun learning experience.
Time well spent.
Young Leader (Current Employee) –  Croydon24 October 2016
Working within girlguiding is voluntary so if you, a young woman aged 14+ would enjoy working along side young girls in their growth and development then girlguiding is for you. it is very rewarding as you get to see the girls progress through different stages and overcome tasks and challenges that you may not have had the chance to do yourself
Pros
Many trips
Cons
Can become tedious
Unit Leader (Current Employee) –  Middlesex7 October 2016
Girlguiding offers fantastic opportunities for volunteers. While learning new skills you have the full support of an amazing Leadership Team and Mentors. It's a great place for Girls and adults alike.
Some great opportunities available
County Commissioner (Current Employee) –  Lancashire10 September 2016
volunteering in your local community is a great way to meet new people and help girls and young women reach their full potential. This organisation is fully inclusive and offers young women to have their say on a range of issues that affect girls today. Thanks to this organisation i have travelled to Inida, Mexico, and all over Europe. I have worked with many of the 10 million members we have world wide. Being a member is life changing it can bring you new skills and and bring out those talents you never knew you had. This organisation is a must!
Pros
Part of a world wide organisation
Cons
you don't have the time to do everything it can offer
Enjoyable workplace
Volunteer Helper (Former Employee) –  Bilbrook19 June 2016
I enjoyed being a Rainbow helper because it was something fun I could do every week outside of my studies. I enjoyed playing the games and making different crafts with the girls because they loved it so much and wanted to be there. For me, it was relatively stress free as I had no paperwork to fill out, so was really quite relaxing.

I developed my skills working as part of a team with the other leaders. It was also the first time I had worked with children so young, so I had to adapt my behaviour strategies and approach with them, which was a challenge but really enjoyable.
Rewarding and enjoyable
Voluntary (Current Employee) –  Paisley2 June 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed volunteering through Girlguiding and it has given me many further opportunities for awards and other organisations.
Fun
Leader qualification (Former Employee) –  Belper3 March 2016
Good experiences, developed skills and abilities, made new friends and got a qualification that will last a lifetime.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No pay