Giraffe World Kitchen

Giraffe World Kitchen Employee Reviews for Server

It was a good experience
It wasa fun experience, and was a nice way to make some quick money
I was living at my parents house at the time so it was more then enough to support life away from work
Stay away!
Stay away from this company. I've never in my life experienced such a horrible company to work for, never got any training and then when you would mess up the management would bully you. They don't care. The management are bullies, one particular guy Supervisor was the biggest bully I've ever met in my life. I had money stolen from the staff room, they never did anything AT ALL and laughed it off. Shouting at you, swearing, and the management did nothing. The day I left this company was the best day, away from these bullies and didn't feel no stress from constantly being targeted .
Very dead
It is a boring place to work in, honestly no fun in there at all and the management team is terrible. Food is ok, but everything else is horrible, never wanted to come into work, always made me moody.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Boring
Good
I m willing person ,polite and charismatic on time at work and I like work as team and by myself.For me the best quality at work always be yourself and always try to do the best for you and for guess
Supportive and Fun Work Environment
The team and management were so supportive with me as I was still a Full-Time student and really made working there a fun and productive work environment. Of course, some shifts can get busy and there would not be enough people on, however we all would help each other get through the shift. Loved working here and there was great work incentives to win which made shifts more fun and competitive.
Pros
Staff Meals, Paid incentives, pay benefits during busy periods
Cons
hours are not stable for full-time positions
a long-necked animal
The giraffe (Giraffa) is a genus of African even-toed ungulate mammals, the tallest living terrestrial animals and the largest ruminants. The genus currently consists of one species, Giraffa camelopardalis, the type species. Seven other species are extinct, prehistoric species known from fossils. Taxonomic classifications of one to eight extant giraffe species have been described, based upon research into the mitochondrial and nuclear DNA, as well as morphological measurements of Giraffa, but the IUCN currently recognises only one species with nine subspecies.
fun workplace
very busy the management is lovely and friendly workplace culture everyone is hardworking and relaxed as well the most enjoyable part of the job is to always se customer smile when the leave the restaurant.
Pros
free drink
Cons
always busy
Great Place to Work
During my time at Giraffe I had the privileged to work with great people, serve a range of customers and have a generally great time. Would gladly recommend the food, as well as working there.
Pros
Great staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Giraffe World Kitchen?
fun workplace
you get all the training you need, the food very different but amazing, the hours are very long, management was always positive when i was there, the hardest part of my job was the long hours
Pros
free lunch
friendly
Giraffe offers good training and can offer rewarding career prospects. The pay is good. A typical day would be going in, finding out what section I am allocated, get the run down of the tables currently seated, find out any promotions, dish of the day etc. Wait tables. The staff are friendly and Giraffe encourages you to be yourself, it is diverse. I enjoy serving lots of nice people, the regulars tend to become more like friends.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
can be long shifts
nice people and well run
I enjoyed working here at the beginning however by the end of my time, the hours were getting too much while I was studying and the divide between certain work staff became personal.
Pros
free lunches
Enjoyable Workplace
A normal day at work would involve taking on organisational skills and being friendly with customers. This was very fun and I felt free not as if I was really at work.
great sales every year
making a huge profit year after year

meeting great ppl from the outside

good place for someone who wants a peace in thier live x
Pros
free meal
Cons
tronc system is a mystery .... badly managed .... managers overpay themselves using the tronc system
Fun, productive and love the challenges
First thing in the morning, i meet very lovely customers who have come for the breakfast menu. its not too busy in the morning, however it does start to pick up by midday. Things run very smoothly during the day, even when challenges come my way, there is always a way to fix it. The management are very helpful, they give full support on day to day tasks, making sure i am happy through out my shifts.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with miscellaneous mistakes, where there is no direct fault and it could have not been avoided for example, kitchen oven breaking down or not enough seating for new customers. it can make the service provided look poor overall, however i always make sure the customers are aware of the situation, give my apologies and do my best to help minimize the problem.
Pros
Meet great people and free lunches
Fun
Taking orders and serving customers in a happy environment. I have learned key customer service skills. Working within a team is the most enjoyable part as well as providing an excellent service to a varied range of customers.
Fun place to work
I really enjoyed this position. I learnt how to work properly as part of a team. I also had great co workers. The hardest part of the role was remembering all the ingredients in the dishes but after some focussed revision at home, I quickly got the hang of it. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually getting to know and working with my team members as we had a great team.
Pros
free lunches
Fun and fast paced!
A fast-paced restaurant with a fantastic team behind it. Downside is you do not get to keep any of the tips you make. Hours were quite long, having to work 6 hours to get a free lunch. Role was easy and quick to adapt to with full training provided.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Don't get to keep any of your tips
Giraffe
Was a great place to work, very understanding of everything and very good training. I enjoyed working with everyone there, I was always at ease and the customer service was incredible.
A fantastic work place
I have been working in Giraffe, Lakeside for 4 months and it has been a very good experience.

The management is absolutely brilliant and there are many opportunities to progress. They are all very friendly and have helped me with many work and non work related issues that I may of had.

The co-workers were the best team I have worked with to date. Everyone is very in sync and there is a veery strong support bond that is formed when you are a part of the team.
Productive and fun place
Everything was good, but I live too far and I had a problem to get to the work place at early morning and to come back home at late hours.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Great place to work. Min Wage. Service charge does top up your hourly rate by around +£1.50 an hour, but cash tips suffer.
Typical day is quite busy, sporadic, never bored, always something to do. Was a small restaurant so filled up quickly.
Learned time management skills.

Management was amazing while I was there, the best manager I've ever had.

Co workers were great and fun to work with.

Hardest part of the job is time management and constant engagement with customers.

Most enjoyable part: my colleagues, the GM who has now moved on, and the reasonable money.
Pros
Staff food and pay is okay.
Cons
Very hectic and disorganised at times. Doing all those sauces. Tesco upper management out of touch.