Giraffe World Kitchen

Giraffe World Kitchen Employee Reviews for Porter

Porter3 reviews
United Kingdom3 reviews
Not really understanding staffing levels
Typical day of work would consist of people constantly speaking foreign language so i werent able to understand a word, forcing me to learn their language as it was a big majority of them working there from the same country. Ive learned how to really be a quick in serving people and everything. Management was not very nice at all. My co workers used to pass all the work on me while enjoying themselves outside. The hardest part of job was to cope with all this and the most enjoyable probably was that it helped me a lot with my catering experiencies as i used to do many things together on my own and now really do feel like a proper chef able to work at any kind of busy kitchen.
Very busy and hands on.
A typical day at giraffe involved taking dishes and putting them in the dishwashers ready to be cleaned and preparing them. I learnt how to work under the clock meeting deadlines as it was a very busy restaurant. I was instructed by the team leader to do the relevent tasks. The hardest part of the job would have to be working in the very warm steaming temperatures that unfortunatly the job entailed. But i would have to say that working alongside a good group of colleagues made the job enjoyable and worthwhile.
Pros
Free lunches was available at Giraffe.
Cons
The hours were long and unsociable.
Friendly work place
Well, a tipycal day at work is really fun. It is like help to the schefs and make the desserts and also some cleaning.
I have learnt some english dishes and I got to know how to cook some things.

I also like the management, but she is responsible for the floor staff and the sous chef is responsible for the kitchen staff and I get on well with him. I also get on well with my work mates.

Actually the hardist part of the job is when the restaurant is getting busy in a moment and a lot of things to do but I think I can handle it as I found out how to do the cleaning on the easiest way.

But there are some reason why I like it. For example I used the language and I like cleanless in my enviroment so always nice to do it and when it is done, the best part of my job.
Pros
free courses at shifts
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Giraffe World Kitchen?