Giraffe World Kitchen

Giraffe World Kitchen Employee Reviews in Norwich

Norwich4 reviews
Fun!
If you like facing customers an a daily basis this job is perfect for. Chilled and fun atmosphere with great people. You can learn how to work within team, how to handle complaints and how to provide excellent customer service.
Pros
great people
Cons
weekends/ bank holidays
Changed a lot since I left!
The company has changed hands since I have left, as it was owned by Tesco. Friendly, busy working environment. The service charged worked odd how it would be used to top up management pay, but this probably doesn't happen anymore.
Fun
Taking orders and serving customers in a happy environment. I have learned key customer service skills. Working within a team is the most enjoyable part as well as providing an excellent service to a varied range of customers.
Very busy and hands on.
A typical day at giraffe involved taking dishes and putting them in the dishwashers ready to be cleaned and preparing them. I learnt how to work under the clock meeting deadlines as it was a very busy restaurant. I was instructed by the team leader to do the relevent tasks. The hardest part of the job would have to be working in the very warm steaming temperatures that unfortunatly the job entailed. But i would have to say that working alongside a good group of colleagues made the job enjoyable and worthwhile.
Pros
Free lunches was available at Giraffe.
Cons
The hours were long and unsociable.