Giraffe World Kitchen

Giraffe World Kitchen Employee Reviews in Milton Keynes

Not what used to be
When I started it was all about the guest, the food being fresh & making sure the staff where trained to be the best. Now it is about the profit, so the food is not fresh, the guest gets less for there money & there is no time to train new starters. I was expected to deliver better numbers then the previous year with half the amount of staff so i ended up working over 55 hours each week when I was contracted for 48. When I did have a day off I would still be contacted by my area manager. No consideration for when I had child care issues.
Pros
People, staff food, pay
Cons
Hours, upper management
hard job but good paid
very hard job but very good money, head office not really ok, they only looking how to save some money, nobody care about you, cutting hours, working all days
good place to work
Good team work , on the floor , kitchen and management as well.
But , too manny people from the same nationality makes you feel like holidays!, that's mean that ere times that i could heard only polish! sorry guys! :)
Nice place to work
Giraffe experience was amazing, i learn plenty and have a overall grate experience with it. Unfortunately company is closing restaurant and due to situation Iam looking for new beginning.
When sold to tesco the company ethos was lost
Giraffe was a fantastic place to work, motivational and fun when the original owners were running the company. When sold to Tesco the food went from fresh to microwave and the ethos fell apart. My career progression was never clear. Management were okay but didn't listen to AMs. Company is more focused on controlling spends by cutting rather than pushing sales. Everyone is on the National living wage and the rest of the salary is made up through Tronc/Service charge
Pros
managers paid by the hour
Cons
work life balance, communication
A fun industry but not a fun company
Very low pay for the work load that is put on you and the pressures to be successful in a very fierce and competitive market. A Fast moving environment with little praise or reward for a job well done.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Felt you can never do enough
friendly
Giraffe offers good training and can offer rewarding career prospects. The pay is good. A typical day would be going in, finding out what section I am allocated, get the run down of the tables currently seated, find out any promotions, dish of the day etc. Wait tables. The staff are friendly and Giraffe encourages you to be yourself, it is diverse. I enjoy serving lots of nice people, the regulars tend to become more like friends.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
can be long shifts
fun workplace
great sales every year
making a huge profit year after year

meeting great ppl from the outside

good place for someone who wants a peace in thier live x
Pros
free meal
Cons
tronc system is a mystery .... badly managed .... managers overpay themselves using the tronc system
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Giraffe World Kitchen?
Giraffe
Was a great place to work, very understanding of everything and very good training. I enjoyed working with everyone there, I was always at ease and the customer service was incredible.