Gigaclear

Gigaclear Employee Reviews

Featured review
Gigaclear selected this as a representative review
Excellent place to work with good environement, professional people and great opportunity to work with different experienced individuals. its a fast paced environment with great opportunity to progress
Gigaclear is a great place to work. From day one they have looked after me and I have learnt a lot. I was kept in the loop about my interview stages and gave me a really good idea of what to expect working at Gigaclear. Everyone at Gigaclear seems to be very happy in their roles which makes a really nice atmosphere and a fun workplace culture.I have lots of projects to work on, so the work load is ideal and there is always something to do. I'd 100% recommend Gigaclear as a good place to work.
Pros
They provide a van for work
Cons
A fast moving supportive client who is dedicated to its employees and customers. With a vast growth and expenditure, alongside a dedication to build and provide a quality FTTP service in rural areas where others have not, are committed to getting the job done safely. Open, honest and a fair SLT who actually care is unique! A fantastic and secure place to work with great progressive rewards.
Pros
Salary, benefits and rewards
Cons
Trying to keep balance between all stakeholders
I have just passed my probation at Gigaclear and what an amazing company to work for! Aside from all the amazing company benefits, I have been welcomed and felt part of the team from day 1. Everyone is so kind and is always happy to help. I have previously worked at some horrendous jobs and this is by far my best job so far. Not only have i learned so much in the first 3 months but ive already been offered a promotion in the next few months... the progression at gigaclear is endless. Thank you to everyone who has helped me on my journey so far and i will definitely be working here for a long time!
Pros
amazing company benefits
Cons
IT issues, but new company
So far the best place i have worked, fun positive people around you, every day is different and fun, i have learnt to be more patient with others and i have adapted new ways of working. i hope to work here for many years to come.
Pros
managing my own day
Cons
inconsistent with there systems and process (but still a new company which is learning)
not for me as they micro manage and there is too many bottle necks and bad working practices, toxic enviroment. The director is the only person the build partner will answer to?!
It seems as though within my first months a lot of the more friendly and helpful people were leaving. Most of the remaining people on my floor were very unfriendly and seem to enjoy ignoring you on a daily basis. Higher level staff will never return a hello or even a smile, is that really a hard thing to do? Lots of negativity. Management will not speak directly with you, probation meetings and one to one's never arranged so you will never know your progress. No clear goals from the start. HR promise a lot but fail to deliver. Left feeling dispondant.
Although there are many fantastic employees the direction is confused and the senior management pays lip service to issues rather than solving them. New directions inthe company also haven't worked with a blame cluture arising with regionalisation and a attitude of not my problem appearing.
Pros
Very little... Some great people who want to do good but at this rate they will all leave quickly
Cons
Confused direction and senior management who don't understand / listen
Company had no direction and system in placed. No reward in place for hard work, false promises on a regular basis, too much micro management and had no respect for employees.
Terrible place to grow and learn. Management refuse to listen to any recommendations until it’s too late. Their current situation within CDS is all due to the failings of the management and regional team leaderships. Terrible blame culture. Terrible regional structure. Pay was good but that’s all. No connection to teams unless you are based at HQ.
Being in a growing company means that a lot of people have had the opportunity to progress internally. The business is really going places... it's an exciting time. We've recently moved to a regional model, and although too early to judge if it's a success, so far so good. Management team are passionate, and some great changes are happening.
Just to offer some balance to the recent negative reviews.... Yes Gigaclear was a great place to work when it first started. Salaries were high, teams were small and processes were few. But the start up days are over and those of us who still focus on the goal of dragging the UK into the 21st centenary with FTTP are now starting to get the support we need as the business professionalises. Yeah - we work hard, but I know of nowhere else in the industry where you can make serious career advancements and be this surrounded by people at the peak of their game. It's a great place to learn and grow - plus the salaries are still high!
Wouldn’t waste your time - the money was the only decent thing but not worth the terrible backhanded management and no job security as they could dismiss you without any reason. Total disorganised chaos and constantly moving the goalposts. There was only one decent manager there but he left. If you want my advice stay well clear !
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
The blame culture and C level / Higher management had a habit of barking uncontrollably when something went wrong. There were always issues with roll-out, but none of them would listen until it was too late.
Pros
General Camaraderie
Cons
Senior Management and COO
Great Company, Great Products, Great People. Super fast fibre broadband is definitely a major advantage in rural areas. The product was sold a year in advance of implementation which did put some potential customers off committing to signing up.
Pros
Salary and generous commission
Cons
Long Hours, Door Knocking, Location
Re-structuring has led to many changes within Gigaclear and not for the better Staff feel threatened by ne C.O.O and sales are now being outsourced through independent company Poor management and pass the buck mentality have led to me resigning from the business
Pros
Open planned offices
Cons
long hours and too many miles driving
Logging in,checking emails,answering all calls including customer service, technical support, developing a training plan. I learnt time management, technical skill, working within a small company, using unsuitable software to the best of it's capacity. I implemented and trained new employees and managed their first 2 weeks. I had a good relationship with management. A couple were extremely difficult to work with, but I carried on wit my own work anyway. The hardest part of the job was the software and hardware implemented which caused a lot of problems. The people and the atmosphere in general and doing a good job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Software/hardware conflicts