GIG Employee Reviews

Describing Gig is quite difficult, but I would explain it this way, Gig is an agency that helps you find jobs, some would call it a placement agency, They specialise in training interviewees to be a waiter/waitress. This practical part of the interview runs for around and hour or so, depending on how long it takes the interviewee to grasp the instructions given to them. The practical part of this interview is what determines whether or not the interviewee would be accepted to proceed with the rest of the interview, being reviewing and completing the interviewees personal details.
Pros
personal log in for the application
Cons
you don't always get the job
So i applied for this company as it says work when you want or the hours you want. I went to the interview to be told that they only do 12 hour shifts. Got told they are the only hours they do. So thought it was strange to say the least that they do not do work your own hours or when you want
Wish camback soon have nice experience in the company work for 4 years very happy my experience there with the customer very professional respectful like work with them
Very Good for first timers but starting salary is too low for London. Sometimes it's taking too long time to let you know if you were accepted or not for the job you had applied before in application.
Job flexibility and free training is 2 very important aspects when you look how to value your time. Also opportunities to meet new people in different sites of work. For example different hotels.
Pros
free training and flexibility
Cons
hourly pay can be higher
It would be quite a tiring day and alot of dedication is required due to variable hours of shifts. However there's usually a friendly atmosphere. I learnt a lot about team work and socialising swell as quick problem solving. For example if we ran out of necessities for stock i would know where to go and who to contact. The fun part would be getting to meet your team because theyre usually going to talk to you for majority of your shift.
At the beginning we was on-site for a presentation about health and safety. That arrogant guy he didn't even respect it. And he pretended to pas the test, of course I did with maximum. He used an electrical cord from a table with a projector to a plug-in at a high of 40 cm. The don't even had an extension. They said we have shifts, but they just checking people to have registered.
Pros
The managers should go as warehose operative
Cons
Unprofessional management
Management is good and respond to any issues very quickly. It is also very easy to get in touch with the office if need be. A lot variety in shifts and locations. Not always chosen for shifts which can be frustrating when you are relying on work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not always selected for shifts you apply for
My opinion about a typical work day at gig was good. The work was good and very fast paced at times challenges rose but i always managed to overcome them with the help of the manager.
The idea is great but it's far from functioning properly. They have a very long way to go. I would suggest not wasting your time and find a real job. Very poor Managment.
Not much consideration when it comes to peoples reasons for cancelling the shift and the hours and the workflow is slow. They gave me illegal hours that I wasn’t supposed to do at the age of 16 and 17. They didn’t care about the fact that I had food poisoning from my last shift and due to the fact that I had food poisoning they still expected for me to go into work the same day Which I was unable to you so I lost my job for cancelling my shift.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unreasonable hours and not very considerate
Flexible and can work whenever seems fit. Great management and easy communication and relationship between management and staff. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for flexibility
Like all agencies, you get sent to some nice places and some not so nice. You just learn to avoid the not so nice ones and make the most of the nice ones. The pay is basic. It ranges from £8.21 an hour to £8.50 an hour. On the plus side there seems to be a fair amount of work available all year round. One big problem is they force you to work when you're sick. I'm in my second spell with gig. I got sacked for calling in sick at short notice first time around. I somehow managed to worm my way back in after about six months.
Great agency to work for would highly recommend it for someone whos looking to build experiance and be in a work environment, no pressure to do any shifts can apply for what you want and the moneys always right and ontime.
This job overall was a good job for a student as it is flexible, however, because it is an agency, often staff would treat you rudely. The pay however was pretty decent for a student. Another down side was that you would work non stop for very long hours.
Pros
flexible
Cons
bad staff
Develops base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects. Approaches potential clients by utilizing mailings and phone solicitation; making presentations to groups at company-sponsored gatherings; speaking publicly to community groups on the subject of financial well-being. Determines clients' particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverage and investments; ascertaining long-term goals. Developes a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation. Obtains underwriting approval by completing application for coverage. Completes coverage by delivering policy; planning future follow-up visits and evaluations of needs. Provides continuing service by providing direct deposit forms; processing changes in beneficiary and policy loan applications. Provides death benefits by delivering policy proceeds; reassessing client needs. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Enhances insurance agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.