Gibbs & Dandy

Gibbs & Dandy Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews
I open up at 6 am every morning processing the delivery notes for the drivers and to check their load before they head out of branch.
During the day I plan the work for each day of the week and by lunch time start routing deliveries and allocating deliveries to each vehicle taking into consideration the vehicle weights, size and any special customer requests. On their return I process the delivery notes and overlook the loading for the next day.
Worst place to work management and sales staff no manners clicky one rule for one another rule for another pity the big bosses can't see what going on really cause of the terrible management there terrible place to work
Friendly team..

Nice place to work..

Could do with the senior management taking more charge and not listening from head office as this is a conflict of interest from top to bottom.
A typical day is multidrop driving

Management are bully boys do it or your fired

Builders merchant

Getting big loads on small wagons

Once you get out on the open road
Gibbs and Dandy is an amazing place to work for with many benefits and opportunities. Members of staff are very kind and welcoming and it's very easy to fit in with the team.
Due to such flaws in management and organisation they are often understaffed and overstressed which leads to tensions among the employees and lack of communication between management and general staff
I feel that out of all the companies I have worked for this one was the most professional in every aspect. My manager was LOVELY I cant fault her at all she was friendly kind and always made me feel good about my job. The training process was second to none I was trained on every department so I could get a feel of the job etc I was even show how to use the pump truck just in case I ever needed to use one. The only reason I didn't stay at this company was simply because the job role I was in was not for me apart from that the staff are professional friendly and welcoming!
Pros
Good Training Scheme. Good Salary.
Cons
Some of the staff werent very chatty.
I enjoyed my time at Gibbs & Dandy, Being part of a multi-national company gave me security in the fact that my job was secure.
I was placed on a very useful management course which has served me well over the last couple of years and has given me the build building to follow my chosen career path.
Pros
Good working hours and support
Cons
Few branches in the South West, progression to management means relocation.
Loved the job I did but didn't agree with overtime given as days in lou.
I work to earn money not to take days off.

Overall I loved the colleges and the job I did but couldn't benefit my future.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No good if you want to earn extra cash for holidays away etc.
At Gibbs & Dandy most days are different and keep me on my toes. There are new challenges daily to keep the job interesting.
the job was temporary inbetween being made redundant from Buildcentre and being re-employrd by them.
the hours were very long and we hadtoworkweekends
Pros
nice people
Cons
long days
• Initially employed as a stock controller for this building supplies company
• Promoted internally to sales involving direct customer contact including in depth advice on suitability of products

• Responsibility for team of staff during tenure of stock controller role
Started work 7.30 answering customers telephone calls, checking the delivery lorry is correctly loaded, serving customers on the trade counter, talking to suppliers, sending return notes, and checking the computer for orders. I worked along side my co-workers for many years and we built a very good working relationship. I cant say there was a hard part of the job because I enjoyed my work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of sorting out customers problems.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Working Saturdays
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gibbs & Dandy. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9