GI GROUP Employee Reviews

2 mistakes of pay in 3 weeks
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire18 July 2018
Worked for Gi Group as a hgv driver at statham tyres . Guy from agency managed to pay my wages to someone else . They did get me regular work but what is the point when you dont get paid for the hours you work. Complained to head office who managed to make yet another mistake before finally sorting it . With so many agencies , this is the worst I have worked for due to basic errors
Pros
Cons
Wages get messed up
Avoid!
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Hampshire13 July 2018
At first it was really good and promising when I signed up with them, they had a job ready for me and everything. Then things went sour. If I had any problems, I had to keep calling and messaging them and I didn't get any help. Numerous occasions I left a message to get back to me but I never got a call or email back from them. They screwed up my payments and when I left them, they wouldn't send me my p45 nor did they pay me what they owed me. Again, I had to keep calling and emailing them, no reply what so ever.

So, don't bother unless you want to waste your time by calling and messaging them when they screw you over (and trust me, they will).
productive and fun work place
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Attleborough14 June 2018
a typical day at work for me started in the despatch departing oading unloading lorries and stacking packaged product ready to be loaded up for delivery. its wasn't too bad working for GI group only downside was i worked 8 72 hours and only got it paid weekly .
Pros
free product
Cons
Productive and funny work place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire14 June 2018
The worst thing was when we work for.night shift and we finished ealier we doesn't have any transport to darby from burton, and we was waiting sometimes about 4 hours till the bus came
Great company, strong values
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire6 June 2018
Enjoyed my time at this business, great people and really rewarding place to work. Great support support from management and excellent training department.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Good company
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Hampshire5 June 2018
The people that work in their office's are really professional but just sorry that they don't have more jobs temp/permanent.They are always ready to help when needed.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Not enough temp/permanent positions
Hmmmm not a good agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire29 May 2018
Not a great company to work for I worked for them under great bear at Chesterfield had me working for 16 weeks and because I went through a rough patch in life and couldn't get in to work was let go and won't let me back but they have a lass that's been sacked 3 times and still is allowed back in also they dump you as they need ppl for great bear if you can't go there then your no use to them! Unless your forfeigen then it's a diff story!!!
teribble agency
Food Operative (Former Employee) –  Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire25 May 2018
One month since my registration with them they never offered to me work. But they post every day advert for work with immediate start. Avoid this agency.
Pros
Cons
avoid
clean enviroment
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire10 May 2018
a full shift at the moment working with DHL but they can't always guarantee full hours when working on the peak season it is a clean place to work and a job
brilliant company to work for
Goods-In Operative for the Goods-In Manager (Former Employee) –  operative9 May 2018
brilliant agency to work for, i only left for a permanent position at vanden recycling, and a little job security, id go back if the same people was there.
Cons
good hours, flexible days of work

Want to know more about GI GROUP?

Ask a question
Great work enviroment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Brinklow, Warwickshire8 May 2018
Learned about the job as an warehouse operative from great trainers, had good work relations with colleagues and the people in charge.

In the short amount of time i was with GiGroup i had a great time and felt as one of the team.
Provides large amounts of shifts for They who want them
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull3 May 2018
No two days are the same.
The management are helpful and understanding, especially when dealing with unexpected problems.
For me, a hard part of the job was long commutes as all posting so far have been in West Hull, this meant short-notice shifts proved a problem, but they understand.
Pros
In depth inductions
Cons
Distanceof postings.
Fun in some aspects
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire24 April 2018
I enjoyed my work on some days other days was just silly, I was told to be at work for 6 in the morning when I arrived they would then tell me that they don’t need me in, was a nightmare as I had to travel long way, also payments at the end of the week would be lower than what I was expected.
Pros
Paid for 1 of the breaks
Cons
12 hour shifts
Do Their Best.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton23 April 2018
I work in warehouse, GI are my agency. They got mythe shift I wanted and try to give you the maxium anount of work. whenever I ring them there is always someone answering the phones.
amazing opportunities
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme20 April 2018
they gave me great experiences, the shifted patterns were a bit different to what i usual work but i got used to it, the pay was okay it could of been better with the hours that you work.
Ok
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Grimsby19 April 2018
Its ok when they have the work as you are constantly in every day but when the seasons die down there's a big lack in work so that results in lack of work.
not bad
Class 1& 2 driver (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire16 April 2018
agency not bad, but like every agency you are important when the are bussy, when they are not you have to call every day to ask about job. driving jobs not bad but money could be better
Ok.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe13 April 2018
Don't give you advance notice if working or not like how they say required to.
Not guaranteed hours you need to work to cover living expenses.
When requiring about work sometimes staff are rude on the phone by trying to end the conversation as quickly as possible.
Good Company
Agency Worker (Current Employee) –  Grimsby10 April 2018
I learned a lot of tasks.I was able to work with a lot of people from different backgrounds.I was very happy when they helped me to understand new tasks and maked me to understand my workplace better
Temporary Work
Bakery Operative (Current Employee) –  Oldham5 April 2018
Will give you an opportunity to work in a vibrant Company with possibilities to enrol in NVQ courses in Bakery and Manufacturing during working hours.
Pros
Local
Cons
Never know how many hours you will be working