GI GROUP Employee Reviews

it is a good agency that finds you good work
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Karro9 January 2018
GI group is a good agency that will find you good work good times and good pay they are very helpful.
I enjoyed it because I managed to pay my rent whilst doing the work.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
pay for own lunch
Gi group
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  ADELIE FOODS7 January 2018
I enjoyed working for GI GROUP I'm sorry I had to leave due too illness they always treated me well They always trying to share out the work when work was low
Pros
Very flexable
Cons
Minimum wage
target orientated
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire30 December 2017
alot of hours on your feet in the different departments (dotcom etc), not allowed to sit down and you are constantly reminded of your targets and told how you aren't working hard enough. pay is better than some warehouses (£8 per hour) but worse than others. fellow employees that you work with are friendly and easy to get on with, however you want nothing to do with management.
Pros
decent canteen.
Cons
management of employees (need to feel valued more).
Various jobs
Various Temporary (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire15 December 2017
GI provide a service to find work for people and do it well so was never long without work the only thing was it was usually for minimum wage only but was a means to an end.
Pros
Variable employment
Cons
Minimum wage
productive workplace, good experience
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire9 December 2017
excellent staff that are friendly, they make you feel prepared for what the job will entail, the work place was welcoming and friendly. they gave sufficient training, good work environment, money/wages is good.
Excellent
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire24 November 2017
Very good agency to work for i would i would advise anyone to sigh. Up to them very freindly team good wage good hours really local work great team great hours
Pros
Wage
fun place
Hygiene Operative (Former Employee) –  Attleborough22 November 2017
great to work 4 good people good managers the job was very good also the in house training was brill it was a very good place to work i would not hesitate to recomend it.
Pros
good people
Cons
great night shift staff
Okay
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire11 November 2017
Company is okay and do help people get into work and they help you with other things if you are not happy in your current job role so they will find you a new job and start date.
Pros
Been able to work
Cons
Good
Hand packer (Current Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham11 November 2017
I think this job is a brilliant job if someone desires factor work, the breaks are good and the shifts they are willing to give are good, but the only shifts that are available are 12 hours.
Pros
5 breaks
Very strict work place
Boots warehouse (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire31 October 2017
It is a very strict place to work and dont get any holidays if you are off for any reason even an emergancy like hospital you get a strike and very nearly loosing your job
very good
multi-skilled line supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grimsby30 October 2017
With G.I Group I was assigned many tasks involving packing and distributing food products, all of which contained fish. Once I started on a line and was, in the end assigned numerous tasks, mainly labouring duties around the factory which I could do all. G.I Group helped me in improving my leadership skills and once i showed good progression I was controlling the line.
Great agency to work for and if a decent job came up for them i would be willing to listen.
Fast paced environment
Industrial Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire28 October 2017
On a temporary desk especially, the work/life balance is relatively poor. The job keeps you busy and the day to day experiences can greatly vary. Not best suited to someone who wants a standard 9-5 job.
Good hours, bad security.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton27 October 2017
Job Security... Decided they 'didn't need me anymore' after 3 months while I was at the Hospital for my partner after booking it as Holiday. Not the best. Can be sloppy within the building I worked at.
Not the best work environment
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Coventry16 October 2017
Badly managed - no sales drive as a branch . Have a very clicky environment and temporary workers are not dealt with in a friendly mannner . Warehouse staff are treated poorly .
You are slave for them
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire6 October 2017
Boots in Burton On Trent dont go there. They will use you as they need, there is an strange athmosphere cose many people understand how boots & Gi group is playing with them. Bunch of false ignorants.
Pros
Non
Cons
Many
Good Summer Job
Line Operative (Former Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire6 October 2017
It was ok as a summer job as agency with Pork Farms, more physically demanding than mentally stimulating. Learnt some stuff about health, safety, and hygiene in a food production environment.
just a basic job to keep the income
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melton10 September 2017
working at gi group isn't for long term income its a better for a temp job to keep you going till you can find perm income or if its you first job to getting you on the ladder
Pros
no always doing the same thing
Cons
no set hours
Terrible Company - do not use GI Group!
Never got offered anything! (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire6 September 2017
Registered with the company and had a discussion with a member of staff about finding me work so I left them to contact me and see if they could offer me anything, I have not to this day heard anything back from them at all, I never received a fall call, nothing, what a disrespectful company, I would advice all people to avoid GI group as they didn't help me at all!
Pros
Cons
They are useless and don't contact you
Working at the boots site for GI group has to be the worse job I've ever had, hardly anyone speaks English
Picker (Former Employee) –  Beeston, Nottinghamshire26 August 2017
Not allowed to be a minute late back from your toilet breaks management hardly speak any English and are very rude. Money is rubbish and your expected to work your days off working until midnight is the normal with no transport to get home with be prepared to put a taxi number in your phone. Only good if your a foreign worker.
Pros
Use of staff shop
Cons
Most of it
Productive & steady
Process Operative (Current Employee) –  Lowestoft17 August 2017
Not really a lot to learn. Running out of breath asking to be put forward for training to obtain a licence for electric pallet trucks &fork lift driving. After some days the most enjoyable part of the job is leaving off & going home !
Pros
N/a
Cons
Calling for extra shifts even when not on shift rota !!!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GI GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7