GI GROUP Employee Reviews

Its a good temporary job
Production Line Operative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham12 September 2018
The work is hard and you need to be capable to keep up.

Its a good place to work for while you're looking for another job and its a good place to have your first job at, it'll teach you the value of money.
Pros
Its good exercise
Cons
The hours
Don’t go there
Picker/Packer cleaner (Former Employee) –  Boots beeston10 September 2018
Was only there for a week due to problems at home.
I’ve work for many years now this is the worst company I’ve ever worked with. They tell you the job you go for but when you start it is a different job you applied for altogether. They are rude to you, you only have one day off a week, you have to work every weekend but they don’t tell you that. If your going to apply here don’t look somewhere else.
Pros
Isn’t any
Cons
Long hours. Your always been watch.
Easy job and great people
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire3 September 2018
I worked at new look and really enjoyed it. Long shifts but more full days off. I worked with great people and I have only left as I'm having a baby. Would definitely recommend and I will be returning.
Pros
Free drinks. Free fruit. Great people. Only work 7 out of 14 days full time.
Cons
Long hours.
Good workplace
Packing Operative (Current Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire24 August 2018
good place with good peoples, fully trained and explained to you your work , as a machine operator learned to plan my day on line with peoples and comunicating with them to make our day better
Good
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Harrow20 August 2018
Food Production Environment.We need to handle various pizzas,We need to follow FIFO order.Quality checking, Maximising the production on various items
Pros
Production operative
Cons
GI Group
Good workplace
Production Line Operative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 August 2018
The job required you to work at a fast pace as well as needing to be very precise when on the production line. This was difficult at first however line managers would be welcoming in aiding you when you initially start on a line if required, allowing you to get up to pace.
Very bad company !!! unbelievable
Portable Foods production worker (Current Employee) –  Wrexham3 August 2018
Everybody who care about your self do not go there !!!
Wrexham GI group terrible and HR GI group more than terrible !!!
NEVER EVER IN MY LIFE !!!
DONT GO THERE !!! YOU RUIN YOUR LIFE !!!
ok not really good
Food Processor (Former Employee) –  Southall, Greater London24 July 2018
no praper work random work shifts some times 3 week off sometimes 1 month off they dont care.only give work when they need you not recommended to anyone .
2 mistakes of pay in 3 weeks
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire18 July 2018
Worked for Gi Group as a hgv driver at statham tyres . Guy from agency managed to pay my wages to someone else . They did get me regular work but what is the point when you dont get paid for the hours you work. Complained to head office who managed to make yet another mistake before finally sorting it . With so many agencies , this is the worst I have worked for due to basic errors
Pros
Cons
Wages get messed up
Avoid!
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Hampshire13 July 2018
At first it was really good and promising when I signed up with them, they had a job ready for me and everything. Then things went sour. If I had any problems, I had to keep calling and messaging them and I didn't get any help. Numerous occasions I left a message to get back to me but I never got a call or email back from them. They screwed up my payments and when I left them, they wouldn't send me my p45 nor did they pay me what they owed me. Again, I had to keep calling and emailing them, no reply what so ever.

So, don't bother unless you want to waste your time by calling and messaging them when they screw you over (and trust me, they will).
former employee
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough2 July 2018
worked with them for over 2 years, was good to start with but then never got many shifts in only because i had a few days off due to illness. the staff was rude and not understanding why i was off.
they said if am going t be off sick to give them notice in advance how could i . Pay was alright due to long hours , but you never really hard a life it was work work work . even trying to book off a hoilday was a joke.
Pros
Cons
rude staff, young and unexpreince didnt have a clue
productive and fun work place
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Attleborough14 June 2018
a typical day at work for me started in the despatch departing oading unloading lorries and stacking packaged product ready to be loaded up for delivery. its wasn't too bad working for GI group only downside was i worked 8 72 hours and only got it paid weekly .
Pros
free product
Cons
Productive and funny work place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire14 June 2018
The worst thing was when we work for.night shift and we finished ealier we doesn't have any transport to darby from burton, and we was waiting sometimes about 4 hours till the bus came
Great company, strong values
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire6 June 2018
Enjoyed my time at this business, great people and really rewarding place to work. Great support support from management and excellent training department.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Good company
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Hampshire5 June 2018
The people that work in their office's are really professional but just sorry that they don't have more jobs temp/permanent.They are always ready to help when needed.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Not enough temp/permanent positions
Hmmmm not a good agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire29 May 2018
Not a great company to work for I worked for them under great bear at Chesterfield had me working for 16 weeks and because I went through a rough patch in life and couldn't get in to work was let go and won't let me back but they have a lass that's been sacked 3 times and still is allowed back in also they dump you as they need ppl for great bear if you can't go there then your no use to them! Unless your forfeigen then it's a diff story!!!
teribble agency
Food Operative (Former Employee) –  Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire25 May 2018
One month since my registration with them they never offered to me work. But they post every day advert for work with immediate start. Avoid this agency.
Pros
Cons
avoid
clean enviroment
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire10 May 2018
a full shift at the moment working with DHL but they can't always guarantee full hours when working on the peak season it is a clean place to work and a job
brilliant company to work for
Goods-In Operative for the Goods-In Manager (Former Employee) –  operative9 May 2018
brilliant agency to work for, i only left for a permanent position at vanden recycling, and a little job security, id go back if the same people was there.
Cons
good hours, flexible days of work
Great work enviroment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Brinklow, Warwickshire8 May 2018
Learned about the job as an warehouse operative from great trainers, had good work relations with colleagues and the people in charge.

In the short amount of time i was with GiGroup i had a great time and felt as one of the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GI GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.