Genting Casinos UK Ltd

Genting Casinos UK Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom52 reviews
Crockfords casino
Everything is provided and maintained

Good communication

Safe and friendly environment to work in

Only the unsociable hours make this a difficult job but that comes with the job
Poor
Too many managers and very few decent ones! One manager delighted in bullying certain staff all the way through the 8 hour shift. General manager is female and surrounds herself with males as I think she feels quite threatened with other females who want any career progression in the industry! It’s very much an incestious industry, very few benefits, poor working conditions.
Work for thwm
Was a proper decent company to work for and I found them an enjoyable co workers who where I worked in the kitchen ( porter) I was trusted to cook and was utilised front of house as well, I believe that all tips should be shared as kitchen end up with minor share .
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Tips front of house get most
Not challenging enough
Good coleuges, nice atmosphere to work in
Menagment not to die for

Sallary not bad + tips

They provide uniforms, not shooes

Changing rooms + food.
A lot of responsibilities for no extra pay
You are trained to cover three departments, so you can be tossed around the casino all night for the bargain price of national minimum wage. And all of that wearing mandatory heels! Lack of consistency with enforcement of rules and policies in place. No extra pay for night shifts or the daily overtime after closing (which adds up very quickly). Management would rather replace the staff, than allow them to slightly adjust their hours when there's a big change in personal circumstances. Definitely not the best option.
Great place to be fast paced and friendly
The time I spent at Gentings casino was a game changer. I got to meet a world variety of some amazing people. Not just the clientel but the team players from front of house to the team on the tables right up to management. It was a great privilege to work with you all. to
Busy casino bad management
With better management could be the best place in Sheffield for a gaming staff. Nowadays it's just surviving.
Staff is 90% foreign. Unsociable hours not rewarded. No extra pay for anything. No staff food. You get charged for the car park.

This applies only for the Sheffield branch. In general its good company

Salary is a joke. as a dealer, you start on national minimum. after 5 odd years in service if you are lucky you will end on £20 grand per annum.

No much progress unless you are good with management.

Use it as experience gainer and go to a bigger city.
Working in casinos
Hard work, long hours mostly night shift, minimum wage, managers not very helpful, staff are friendly and helpful and everyone gets on well, good banter with customers.
Good benefits but too stressful
Genting casino can be a lovely place to work, however it can also be too stressful with certain customers being extremely rude to managers not being as helpful as they should be.
good
Working in this hotel for my was verry good,because i learn about the room attendant duties.I like my job and every day i learn something new.My duties :change the linen,pilocases,make the bed,clean the bathroom.dusting,vacum,put clean towels in the bathroom,shapoo and soap
Great
Good company to work for.
Never had an issue with staff or management.

Always willing to help you if your having a problem.

Understand family commitments
Best casino in glasgow
Working mostly nights. We are like a big family. It can be challenging at times. You have to work with a very diverse customer base. Two days are never the same.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Night shifts
Horrible horrible horrible experience
The worst place I have ever worked the management were horrible to you and the office staff as well ,if you didn't fit in then they got rid of you ,l was made to feel useless and rubbish at my job by staff no help.wouldnt recommend working for this company
Pros
Non
Cons
Office staff snd management staff are horrific and made you feel worthless
Exciting Position!
As a coupier (table games dealer) I am responsible for dealing 1-to-1 with guests in the casino, mostly a pleasant interaction, occasionally the contrary.

Supervisors are always willing to aid you and provide positive feedback.

Management are mostly helpful and understanding, some again, the contrary.

The breaks you receive are paid! which is great!

The wage doesn't reflect the responsibility of the work (in my opinion)

Hours are unsociable and no bonus pay or incentives are offered for working the 'undesirable' shifts.

The job becomes easier as you gain experience.

Great for keeping the brain active, but at the same time, too long spent dealing table games can be overbearing for the mind.

Overall, a great job for young people with few responsibilities, just starting out in the world of work.
Fun workplace with great benefits
Fun team / management in World Bar. Great benefits and discounts on site. Fast paced weekends and concert nights make the hours fly by. Live music in the venue makes a great atmosphere and the food is great.
Pros
Great Team / Management
Cons
Long hours, limited travel options
Slave drive
A customer could literally tell you that your worthless and management will say just ignore it they spend a lot of money here management are in little gangs shift rotation could be six weeks of night shifts 2 days off and put you straight on to early morning staff moral is low no progression.
Pros
Great people the staff are fab
Cons
Long hours mainly night shift
Productive and fun place
Great place , great company and very nice people. Great atmosphere and warm environment.However, my reason of leaving is represented by the fact of working the night shifts.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hous
Poor leadership skills from management
The management constantly undermined its staff or didn’t know the information that they should. Not allowed to take your breaks even if you’ve exceeded your entitlement.
Not the best
Worst management I had worked for. Toxic environment, being a casino. Stupid hours.

Pay was good. Other staff members we're some of the best people I have met.
Good overall
Decent place to work with a great salary and room for progression. Customers can get abusive when losing. But you have to nip that in the bud straight away. Staff are great. Most managers too. Bar the odd one, but similar in every job I’m guessing
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Nights customers
No ice, no dice
Overall an exciting but stressful undertaking which had unrealistic demands. Management were oft aloof to team negligence, with marginal room for error. Worth experiencing for the three month probation period though.
Pros
Meet interesting and varied characters, fair share of tips
Cons
Short staffed, sometimes zero breaks, Had to get ice cubes from Burger King or mcdonalds during summertime
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genting Casinos UK Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.