Genting Casinos UK Ltd Employee Reviews

Good working environment, sadly not good management skills from certain managers
Croupier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 August 2018
The staff are really lovely and certain management incredible, however the Hagely Road, Genting Club had some mangers who were not experienced for the role of manager within the club. The general manager at the time, Carol Summers, had no support from her staff due to her inconsistencies as a manager. Genting Casinos staff progression was only based upon favouritism even though there was staff who were over experienced in the job role due to the number of years working within the industry. Overall, thanks to the staff I have had a fun time working in the industry and regular customer who made the shift really easy to work with.
Pros
Get good tips!
Cons
Less breaks
Operations Accountant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 October 2018
Excellent company to work for with great career opportunities, the team was wonderful and their was variety of work . I got involved in various projects and the work was interesting.
Pros
lunch
Cons
hours
Enjoyable but challenging
Head receptionist (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central24 August 2018
In my role it's more than a receptionist job there are certain laws we must adhere . You must be able to have good customer service in an environment where people are losing money. You learn new things all the time which is good. It's a good company yo work for and if you have any problems the company will help you
Pros
Meeting nice people
Like a big family
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester29 July 2018
I would work 10 hour night shifts with staff and customers who were like one big family. I learned to use a system in the cash desk which was a system that linked all genting casinos for player tracking, membership, debit and cheque cashing facility.Customer service was very important to us and we regularly passed with flying colours visits from secret shoppers. We had a lot of returning customers because as a team and individually we were able to project a fun relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Able to get days off before and after holidays
Cons
Could be overly stressful at times
a great working place
Hospitality Staff (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon18 October 2018
It was a great experience for me working in Genting Casino. The staff was lovely, easy going and understanding.
The customers were lovely too.
You had to work night shifts or day shifts, but it was always fun.
fun place
Casino Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton27 July 2018
enjoyable fun place to work.good management.good pay and conditions. flex5 working shifts. great staff and benifets half price good and drink for staff and friends3
Pros
flexi shifts
Cons
nights
Overbearing and rigid
Croupier (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth3 September 2018
While I was there the club started to struggle to turn a profit and it felt like the general staff were completely at fault. The club itself is not there any more but the company reopened a high stakes slot lounge just down the road
Boring and depressing
Slot host (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 April 2017
Worked as a former slot host for genting resorts world and I can honestly say it was the most depressing place to work, forever being watched and scrutinised by gaming managers and pitbosses, always trying to pick fault, shift patterns was a joke because the manager couldn't do a rota, say goodbye to your social life, partner and children if you have either, customers are none existent in the day time so feel free to twiddle your thumbs and by night be prepared to deal with angry, drunken yobs that frequently break out into fights.
Pros
Salarys half decent
Cons
The list is endless
could be good most of the time
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 June 2018
I really enjoyed working there, it's just the abuse you could get from drunk customers who are loosing a lot of money was not work the pay. If the pay was higher than minimum wage it would of been better.
Pros
payed breaks and a lot of breaks
Cons
abuse from customers and rubbish pay
Awful place to work!
Casino Slots host (Current Employee) –  Birmingham6 April 2017
Apply to work here at your own peril, you'll spend your days as a slots host walking around the casino aimlessly with no guests to interact with, don't be fooled by the salary.

You'll be under constant scrutiny from pit bosses and managers and the worst part without a doubt will be your slots host manager, a short clueless little jobsworth of a man with a disgusting attitude who's forced all his staff from the company.
Pros
There are none
Difficult hours and lack of career progression
Hospitality Team Member (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire12 April 2017
Difficult hours and lack of career progression, hard to be heard and respected. Minimum wage but good benefits. Easy job, hardest part is dealing with customers who are drunk/annoyed because they are losing.
Pros
Good team work atmosphere
Cons
Working anywhere from 11am til 6am (even longer at 24hr casinos)
They are friendly people
Carpark Attendant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 July 2018
Very helpful you for anything you don't under stand that's it.parking customers cars in car park and cleaning car park and taking car round the fro t of the casino.
Pros
Is none
Cons
Is none
Team work
Valet/ bar (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire1 February 2018
I would clean all coffee machines on both the floor and the staff room, I would sever customers drinks and food through out the day, and serve drinks on floor and behind the bar at night also.
The hardest part of the job would of been the when we hosted events it gets extremely busy due to being open all night but was also enjoyable due to working together as a team and meeting new people on a daily basis.
Customer care was our number one priority and in this job that was well and truly the case.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Busy
Great Workplace!
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Nottingham7 January 2018
Working in this environment was fun.
You get to meet different people with different needs which makes your day very interesting. You need to have good customer service skills to do this job.

The hardest part of the job is working nightshifts. You dont get much time to socialise with people that work normal office hours. Working weekends isnt great either.

The job is easy and the pay is decent.
Pros
money
Cons
nightshifts and weekends at work
Fun and challenging place to work
Casino Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire12 January 2018
Loving working in such a dynamic environment, meeting new people and learning new things every day. The most enjoyable part seeing the job done by all the happy customers returning and enjoying themselves.
Productive and fun place to work.
Croupier (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 November 2017
5 stars review.nice and fun enviroment.solid team work and good management.great work experience and easy job.flexible working hours.clean and beautifull working place.
Friendly staff, productive team
Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside11 September 2017
I enjoy my job working for genting but I feel after nearly 14 years here that it's time to move on. I need to peruse what I love doing which is care work and have the chance to move on with my career.
Fun place to work
Croupier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 October 2017
Nice work place.....make me improve my skills........
Good Management.
Multi cultural environment.
Per total its a fine place to work if you like being croupier/inspector.
Pros
Quality time
Cons
N/a
Low wages, abusive customers
Former inspector (Former Employee) –  Uk genting22 July 2017
You will earn minimum wage with no chance of a pay rise without begging on a regular basis. You will take nightly abuse from customers. You will have no social life. Tips are awful.

Do yourself a favor and seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Absolutelty ZERO
Cons
Minimim wage, unsociable hours, abusive customers
productive
Poker Dealer (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central28 February 2017
Good environment to work in , super manager, all the good things that you can have at a work place.
A day in the poker is an entertaining one , you can have a good time with costumera and you co-workers you can be quit fin at times .

All in one a good job to have .
Pros
good manager