General Mills
Information from General Mills:

General Mills Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
good people, great work
everyone was v helpful and wanted the best for the company so it was an interesting place to be and great ropojective and I am grateful for experience
Culture is not great, need a better work life balance....Management needs to be better at ensuring a positive attitude at work. Very pressured environment
Good company to work for with good benefits for health care dental work etc. Good rate of pay
Good hours

Good atmosphere

You done 37.5 hours a week with time and a half thereafter as well as saturdays. Even if you done 30 hours Monday to Friday you still received time and a half on a sat and double time on a Sunday. The job was quite repetitive but you where paid well in the respect is how I seen it. Shame the compamy moved to Greece it had a good impact on the town and gave many people the money to have a comfortable lifestyle m
focus on doing the right thing
flexible wok environment

flat team structure

can improve focus on career development and grooming employees for senior roles
role was all all about delivery, good culture, looked after their permanent employees.
Lots of movement in mgmt team therefore lots of changing priority and stakeholders to manage
General Mills are a great company to work for and give amazing chances for training and advancement. I would have loved to have worked for them until retirement but sadly this did not happen due to being made redundant as production was moved to Greece.
The job was challenging but enjoyable as there were different challenges everyday.

General Mills had a great attitude towards employees and their continuous improvement policy was the best I have seen.

During my time with the company I gained vast experience in problem solving, staff management, Health and Safety and food hygiene.
Pros
Training oppurtunities
Cons
Redundancy
Good working conditions and holidays. Good rate of pay and working hours. Benefits and friendly working atmosphere. OK
Zero tolerance is a belief. The day starts with safety team talks and operational concerns. we learn from mistakes and seek continuous improvement and understand root cause of incidents.
Pros
team work and collegues are supportive
Cons
Typical day starts with safety and team meeting its fun and gives opportunity for us all to question what we do and what have we learned from the previous day. I am fortunate to have a great team and good relationships where Zero is a belief and challenge is accepted and all work together to achieve results. Knowing I am making a difference means a lot to me.
Pros
flexible two way approach
Cons
Can work long hours and travel
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at General Mills?
General mills Berwick has been a fantastic place to work in the company really focus on there employees to grow and inspires people, over the past 10 years. I have loved working along side all my co worker, the site hear in Berwick was all about growing the teams and the department to the highest level we could get to, the key thing that we all learnt was everyone had something to offer on site if one person didn't know something there was always someone that could help with that situation. We learnt one person no matter how good you are you cant know everything all the time and if someone is there to educate each other we would be able to get there quicker as a team and not as individuals this worked really well. The company is a real driver in people health and safety and food safety.
Pros
good pay, fun place to work. fantastic factory manager.
Cons
site closure
the company are a fair and understanding and are willing to dive employs on who wish to progress there skills for the future. the company also realise that timing is important in the progressing situation and put no pressure on employs willing to improve them self's in the business. working for the business I get a great senesce of care and support not only in my role but also personally. the company also takes great pride in the products it produces and looks at health and safety/food safety very highly
Pros
free reqular health checks
Cons
bank hoiliday work hours
Every day new challenges to be met , get satisfaction in achieving them and goals set . Work as part of a team and on my own and love both aspects . Get on well with team and all pull together in trying times .work nights but flexible and can be called in on day /backshift to help out.
Pros
hours perfect and company flexible
Cons
factory closing
Running the pastry line can be a challenge when the line starts to break down, but over all the day gose in ok.
Sometimes asking staff to do things is another challenge as they might not want to do the job your asking of them.

I have learned a lot on team work, as the line I am on will not run well without it.

The best part was having the opportunity to move up, have the chance to do something new and to learn new things.
Pros
early starts so afternoon free
Cons
flour and noise
General Mills is a world wide organisation with a good work ethnic. It is a very high pace place to work with the work flow being extremely constant.
Pros
Salary Perks
Cons
Set Holidays
was a bit of an eye opener when I first started but soon settled into it thoroughly enjoyed my time in general mills learnt lots and enjoyed the contractor liason part of the job
I did work experience here for a week. At this placement i learned how communication skills are vital within a business environment and the different roles which make up a business. workers need to work together to form a business each role is important and if not carried out correctly and effectively could effect the production of the whole business among many tasks.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough time spent their as work experience only
Typical work day was full of fun my boss and I got on very well and I got along with all my co-workers.

I learnt a lot in Morrison's I learnt how to open up as I was very shy, I learnt how to deal with customers, money, dates, codes, ordering stock.

Management was superb, always a phone call away if needed and was always someone to help.

Co-worker, I loved all of them everyone worked as a team and got on with one another.

Hardest part, was lifting heavy stock as I am quite small.

Most enjoyable was just getting to work with everyone and learn more things and feeling comfortable doing so.
Pros
the people
Cons
not enough hours
Loved everyday. Sad to leave. learnt a great deal about production and health & safety in the work place.
i learnt how to use machinery and computers. my co-workers were very helpful.
Pros
free cups of tea. weekends off.
Cons
This is a job with a high wage but it is repetitive boring work
Pros
high wage
Cons
repetitive
In a factory its far different to normal everyday work. in a typical factory like this has a fun environment you can let your hair down and just be your self plenty of fun while doing your job colleges are also fun but also helpful.
Pros
Breaks are paid for ecept Lunch break
Cons
Long hours but hey the moneys great