General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 5,972 reviews
So much wasted potential
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakdale2 April 2018
The company manages to survive and function in spite of how badly it is run.
Imagine a place where too many people have been over-promoted and are desperately clinging on by their fingernails hoping they won't ever be found out - yep, that's what it's like.
Far too many self-important people in inefficient, ineffective and pointless roles. If the business operated in a commercial environment and not as a government defence contractor, it would disappear in an inglorious blaze of incompetence.
However, there are a lot of good, talented hardworking employees who are totally unappreciated unless they're one of the 'golden children'.
I've worked for some half-arsed operations in my time, but this one comes close to being the worst.
I really don't have an axe to grind, I'm just telling it like it is.
Pros
I'll get back to you....
Cons
P--s poor management
Great progression opportunity
Forecasting and Resource Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  South Quay Station20 March 2018
Having been with GDIT for well over 7 year, I have enjoyed working with various departments within the health and civilian solution division.

The teams that I have worked with were like family. We always ensured that we were supporting each other and helping the business and the employees grow.

My manager is outstanding and is very talented.
She leads by example, empowers us and gives us a platform to showcase our skill set. Alongside professional conduct, she genuinely cares about our well being outside of work and understands the importance of work-life balance as well as accommodating our needs such as changing shift to pick up/drop off child from school.
friendly staff, productive workplace
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire30 January 2018
A typical working day is between 8AM- 8PM, managing / supervising a floor of 30 call agents, dealing with calls from Lambeth council tenants and leaseholders regarding repairs, rents, anti-social behaviour and general tenancy issues
Pros
overtime opportunities, friendly staff
Professional HR Systems Analyst
HR Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newport County11 December 2017
Professional HR Systems Analyst with an international project background. Acquired a diverse and verified portfolio of Oracle HR and SAP HR systems development, reward and customised management information provision and data integrity experience, in an operational advisory capacity. Resilient and versatile with demonstrated commercial, organisational and interpersonal expertise, developed in large blue chip defence and telecommunications organisations.
Great people and a great place to work
Training Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire15 November 2017
My role in GD was as the Systems Training manager within the ATLAS Consortium. GD were a second tier partner. The job was varied and interesting. The Home location in Wales meant a lot of travel was required for Programme reviews. The consortium finally morphed into HP Enterprises with little input from GD after the initial 5 year rollout of Defence Information Infrastructure.
Pros
Good visits to Wales for Programme reviews
Cons
Too much driving
Excellent
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Anonymous7 November 2017
Excellent place to work, management supportive. Good opportunities to progress. Treated fairly and good company benefits.
Salaries could be better....
Okay
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire18 September 2017
job is easy enough once you get used to information and systems. however, it does become quite repetitive after working for company a while. good location however you are limited to spend breaks/lunches in the office and no canteen.
Pros
free drinks from coffee machine
Cons
long hours dependent on contract -
Good Life Work Balance provided
Trade Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakdale14 September 2017
Interesting international business providing great opportunities for engineers in a specialised business sector. New challenges arising on a daily basis ensures that no two days are the same.
Pros
9 day fortnightly working pattern
Cons
Located in Wales, so the commute can be challenging
no work/life balance
emergency customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire7 September 2017
good pay, it is unsociable hours which would not be a problem however, there is no fair system in place for christmas and new year. was hard to get holidays accepted throughout the year. The team is great and everyone is welcoming, however one manager is very difficult and unless you are a friend or someone she knows personally she is not pleasant at all.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no holidays allowed over christmas and new year
Great place
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pentrebach, Merthyr Tydfil20 August 2017
Friendly people very helpful and salary was great just needed a more of a challenge well inclosed and safe environment can be a bit cold at some times best to keep what u doing and do it quickly lol
Pros
Nhs
Cons
Hard hours
Great Staff and excellent place to work
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire11 June 2017
My day to day role was ever changing, due to the nature of the business, continually every changing schedule due to vehicles not being in scope of overhaul plans.
Maintaining output of vehicles to meet customers requirements under pressure and restriction.
Pros
Company Bonus
Cons
Some unpaid overtime
Good place to work, with some exciting programmes
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakdale3 February 2017
Good place to work.

they have some good programmes now that have been won in past couple of years, which is providing interesting work.

location is not great, but you only have to work nine-days on the new compressed working plan, which is great.
Pros
compressed working, training opportunities
Cons
location not great
Good Team, Interesting Work
Programme Manager - Warranty (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire4 January 2017
Good team in PMO.
Varied work.
Good levels of responsibility.
Clear Goals.
Direct contact with MoD project team customer.
Contract renewals were good as projects progressed.
Senior Management are awful
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Oakdale Wales7 December 2016
Not a great place to work, senior management team were dictorial. There was a director that thrived on bullying and was allowed to get away with it, this was widely acknowledged. He seemed to go out of his way to make things difficult for people that had an opinion. You could see that there were some women that were emotionally effected by his behaviour. Definite lack of developing people. Very strange culture. Only good thing was the pay. People at working level were OK but you could tell that some were just going through with the motions and were not empowered to make decisions.
Pros
People at working level were fine
Cons
Senior Management Team awful.
Great Place To Work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire1 December 2016
I love working here, the hours suit me and the salary is excellent. I love the people I work with, I have a place to park my car and a place to have my lunch.
Excellent work place with good morale
Lambeth Housing Management Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London19 November 2016
General dynamics are a company which value all of their staff and provide great support for progression, all co-workers are very friendly, helpful it almost's feel as if your at home with the excellent facilities.
HR Advisor
HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  Blackwood12 September 2016
Work life balance is good and salary is decent. The travel can be a pain and I question if the culture is a natural fit.

I enjoy the variety of tasks and the pace of the role. I get to have a better work life balance her which is good.
Pros
9 day fortnight
Cons
Travel to work takes around 40mins
Proactive, Challenging rewarding workplace
GDIT Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rotherham3 August 2016
A typical day at GDIT involves solving issues and complaints for tenants and leaseholders who are living in Lambeth, Helping members of staff and coaching new members of staff, Taking manager calls and dealing with complaints
I have learned the virtue of patience when dealing with members of the public, I always try and go the extra mile for colleagues and clients
Management at GDIT is very supportive and always encourages staff to grow and encourage development
The hardest part can be the frustration when you cannot help the clients
On the flip side when you help clients and they are happy with the help you have given them it is very rewarding
Pros
Very friendly environment
Cons
language barrier
Review
Process Engineering Management (Provisioning) (Former Employee) –  London, ENG18 November 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew
its ok
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lambeth, ENG12 November 2015
too far to travel every day, part from that the job is ok and the people are fun to be around, the hours are really good as I have a small child to look after
Pros
ok
Cons
job is ok just too far tot travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

52K