General Assembly

General Assembly Employee Reviews

Work and study culture are very positive at this place. The school is very well managed. Everyone is nice to everyone. It can be busy and cozy at the same time. But overall, it's a good place.
Great role while in school. Do not advise if looking for a position to stay long term. New management changed a lot. Just make sure that you meet your daily goal, and you're good to go.
Pros
Free lunches, free part time courses, culture was great
Cons
No healthcare or room for growth
Worst Job experience in my life. Run and run far. The company is poorly managed, they exploit their workers. It was the worst experience of my life. I did love my coworkers as they continue to scam amazing people to work for them. However they have no structure.
I was commuting many hours a day to work here, and with many days requiring before and after traditional work-hours commitments, I felt I was not compensated quite fairly for the time. Great culture and amazing people but not right for me with where I was in my life at that point
They claim to be an "inclusive" school which prides themselves on retraining you for a new career. After spending $15,000 I don't feel prepared for anything AND I feel excluded. Good job GA!
There was a lot to learn, and we learned, for almost hours a day, sometimes more. It was a great challenge, but in the end, i got what i put out. I'm happy to be a graduate.
General assembly has an amazing culture of mentorship. You'll be surrounded with peers that are just as excited to learn as you are. GA easily transitioned to remote during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This was a great place to dive head-first into data science, and tackle challenging machine learning and deep learning projects; whether it be supervised or unsupervised learning.
Working with the government is a solid position and the people working there are dedicated to their tasks. The opportunity for advancement works for all areas of the government, not just the department you start in.
As an instructor you get to teach and learn at the same time. It is exciting to curate ideas from aspiring product management professionals. It is a fun place to be.
I believe in the company's commitment to making a difference for their students and providing an innovative and productive learning environment. There is definitely a sense of teamwork among the staff and they are a pleasant group of people to work with.
My time as a student at General Assembly set me up for a successful career as a software engineer. The teaching staff at General Assembly are among the most elite educators I've had a pleasure of working with. Through the entire process students were provided helpful guidance from remarkable career coaches and teaching assistants who were available at all hours of the day to ensure student success.
I didn't technically work here, but I did participate in a highly selective Software Engineering immersive program for 12 weeks. The atmosphere encourages collaboration and learning.
My time at General Assembly has taught me to be responsible with the works that I am assigned to. For example, although refilling cups and pantry stocks seem like a tiny task, it helps make a difference with the company's reputation on hospitality to customers.
High school culture. People lie, spread rumors, and are toxic. Childish behavior displayed on almost a daily basis. Money is valued more than employees.
A good place to learn, very kindly people, and great location, I did enjoy the time I have spent there and everything I had done with my project, I had a great improvement
General Assembly is a great place to launch your career in technology. There are smart people from all walks of life and a community that keeps you in the loop of all thing tech related in Atlanta. They could use a lot of help from management perspective. Lack of direction, identity, and intergrity keep GA from living up to it's potential.
I took my time here to be trained to becoming and software developer. The organisation is ver helpful as they hold your hands till you get all the knowledge required to succeed
General Assembly is a great place to learn and grow. In my profile as a Data Scientist I am having opportunities to work on challenging projects. Most interesting part of my job is to work with peers who are very intelligent and committed to their tasks.
All people of all backgrounds welcome. As long as you respect others, you are a welcome member of the community. Can always find a quiet workspace to work.
It is a boot camp immersive program and a little pricey. You better be prepared before you join this Boot camp. I personally like it a lot, I have learned a lot in such a short period of time. You will learn and hands-on practice from using Git/Github tool, javascript, and frontend framework, backend including SQL. and more.
  1. Employee reviews