General Assembly

General Assembly Employee Reviews

Work and study culture are very positive at this place. The school is very well managed. Everyone is nice to everyone. It can be busy and cozy at the same time. But overall, it's a good place.
Very intense course but Its really good. I leran massive staff in about 3 months and good collegues the teachers support you everytimt and throught all proccess I suggest to make this course
After a few months working there, it was an amazing experience. Fun place to work and very intense. learning the most advance softwares in the market in a way to easy-learn.
The immersive programme teaches a range of popular programming languages and frameworks, as well as the soft skills needed to be a successful developer. Working in groups and individually I have built applications using HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, jQuery, AJAX, Angular.js, Node, Express, MongoDB, Mongoose, Ruby, SQL, Rails, and React.js. I have also participated in daily standups as well as contributing effectively to group work using Git, Github, and planning tools such as Trello.
Forcing me to write a review is very uncalled for. General Assembly is a great learning place where people are trained to become web developers and UX designers. highly recommend it to anyone who wants to change a career.
Pros
Great learning place
Cons
A lot of studying
After my time at General Assembly, I entered the workforce fully confident and well equipped. Especially the pressure of the client project prepared me for any work pace at a normal office.
Learn to work with a wide range of people with similar skills like mine. It has an agile culture. They encourage people to speak and share their thoughts and concepts for project ideas. I enjoy the stand up we do every morning to discuss what we've learnt the previous day
Pros
Great and friend environment
Cons
I loved being a student here and also working as a teaching assistant here. I learnt so much as a web developer, it was incredibly intense and I put in serious hours(off my own back), but it was worth it. The people are great and meeting a group of likeminded people and working with them every day for 6 months was great.