General Assembly Employee Reviews

A great experience
Junior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  London, United Kingdom26 January 2018
The immersive programme teaches a range of popular programming languages and frameworks, as well as the soft skills needed to be a successful developer. Working in groups and individually I have
built applications using HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, jQuery, AJAX, Angular.js, Node,
Express, MongoDB, Mongoose, Ruby, SQL, Rails, and React.js. I have also participated in daily standups as well as contributing effectively to group work using Git, Github, and planning tools such as Trello.
Awesome place
Web Developer - Student (Former Employee) –  London31 August 2017
Forcing me to write a review is very uncalled for. General Assembly is a great learning place where people are trained to become web developers and UX designers. highly recommend it to anyone who wants to change a career.
Pros
Great learning place
Cons
A lot of studying
Learnt so much in a small amount of time
UX Designer (Former Employee) –  London22 August 2017
After my time at General Assembly, I entered the workforce fully confident and well equipped.

Especially the pressure of the client project prepared me for any work pace at a normal office.
Fun place to work in
Course Student (Former Employee) –  Shoreditch, Greater London3 August 2017
Learn to work with a wide range of people with similar skills like mine. It has an agile culture. They encourage people to speak and share their thoughts and concepts for project ideas.

I enjoy the stand up we do every morning to discuss what we've learnt the previous day
Pros
Great and friend environment
Cons
Amazing place to work, seriously intense but worth it.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 January 2015
I loved being a student here and also working as a teaching assistant here. I learnt so much as a web developer, it was incredibly intense and I put in serious hours(off my own back), but it was worth it. The people are great and meeting a group of likeminded people and working with them every day for 6 months was great.