GBA SERVICES

GBA SERVICES Employee Reviews

Pro Team around me Left to get on and manage my area Cons Communication could be improved Promises not always fulfilled Advice to management. Career plan and development for staff.
After working for this company is is completely apparent that they do not know what they are doing within the transportation. They do know about the automotive industry which is what they do best, but when they started doing distribution they have not got a clue. They start by giving you a role which you are happy to undertake and then add more and more to your role. Constantly on call, ran by managers that cannot manage. You are a planner, business development manager, admin chasing pods, chasing payments reviewing costs, running p&l and not being paid for it.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, always on call
a typical day at work is making sure all defects are rectived. Then plan the days work for the staff. Sort all paperwork out. Book vehicles in at main dealers.
Seems like you must be related to the family to get anywhere within the business . The outfit is completely disorganised and run by 'wannabe managers '.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Salary, no opportunity to progress in career
If you were not one of the boys , forget it ,you were pushed aside from overtime and any decent work that came in . Easy job supplying NISSAN , shame the Management had there favorites.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
To much favoritisme
Some great characters in the office but few other pros. Learned quite a lot about the transport industry through working here but through own volition. Not enough invested into staff compared to other places I have since worked at.
Low pay compared with other companies doing the same work. Wagons old and dirty and not properly maintained. Supervisors up there own arses. Do not recomend
Pros
Cons
Loads
Interesting company, nice and different jobs, sometimes not very well connected but they keep you busy. Good units and acceptable trailers. Well connected with their app.
Pros
You use one unit, always with it.
Cons
Long time away from home
I worked with GBA for about 2 years. the job was long distance driving, so i was way from home for up tp 2 weeks at a time. the load i carried could be different everyday depending on the job, i enjoyed the driving just not being away from my family and home
Overall a really great bunch of people to work with. You are trusted to do a good job. Trusted family values and people who care about the industry And very customer focused
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Staff benefits very little
Great people to work with and exciting job. Different places to visit each week and friendly staff at the places I visited which made the job a pleasure to do.
Christian company who tells lies to employees and customers My job lasted 9 mts before the contract was lost. I was told they had just signed a 5yr contact At the interview I asked about job security to be told the job was for life if I wanted it and then I was made redundant less than a year later.
Pros
Non
Cons
Low pay
long drives and no benefits rewarded for it.being away from home for weeks at a time. living washing and cooking in a wagon. very poor wage structure.
Pros
seeing places around europe
Cons
living away from home in a wagon
Employees here are generally happy in there work, the environment in the depots is very positive. In most I am left to complete my daily tasks with out any interruptions.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
All the Romanian and Polish drivers getting all the work,their are willing to driver 18 hours a day and working for 800 Euros a month so the British Drivers are not getting their days and nights in and are losing out on work.
Pros
Getting experience working driving all round europe.
Cons
Polish & Romanian Drivers getting all the work.