Gather & Gather Employee Reviews

Not fun place to work
Hospitality Assistant/delivery (Current Employee) –  Sky osterley18 February 2019
I still work because I did not get better job,every day I work there, I get depressed. All the managers of that place treat you badly, especially the hospitality manager and our assistant both are racist, bullying you all the time, if they don't like you, put you at the worst times. Work place not are safe , trolley in bad conditions.
Pros
Free Lunch and bonus
Cons
Bad management
depressing
former chef (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian20 January 2019
would not recomend this place to work becuaseall of the staff are so depressed and un friendly. not a welcoming place to work. no job security poor standards of food and lazy staff.
no team work or motivation for staff to work for the business.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
all bad
Terrible attitude to staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 December 2018
Was constantly threatened with my job and bullied by my manager. Verbally threatened by another member of staff (said he would smash my face in) and the operations manager had no sympathy and did not care. Was told to stop talking to customers so much (FOH management role). No coaching given to me until we were short staffed. Nothing in place to protect staff when money went missing (£1300 vanished) and no one to hold accountable. Looking back it feels like constructive dismissal as my manager constantly told me I was being paid more than I should because that was the salary I negotiated. My replacement was paid considerably less and not on a salary. Got weekends off though so that was nice.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management, poor paperwork keeping, terrible financial management
Dreadful company
Chef (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire19 November 2018
In 20 years as a chef I have never worked for a company as bad as this, horrible conditions, way too much workload, constant pressure and extra work added to your day and a regional manager and regional chef that are bullies, bordering on harrassment, they truly do not care how you are as long as the work gets done! Nothing but negative feedback and criticism, I don't know any staff member across 4-5 units that is happy or enjoys working for them!! Always a dreadful atmosphere only made worse when one of the regional managers visits for their monthly dress down on everything you are doing wrong!!
Avoid at all costs if you want to enjoy your job!
Pros
Ok hours
Cons
Everything else, especially the workload & borderline bullying
Bad management
Sous Chef/Head Chef (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 October 2018
So sad to have experienced this company, in what should be my next career step been abused and treated so bad. They made me feel uncomfortable and almost made me loose all my confidence on what I do.
Definitely have to alert everyone considering working for this company
Pros
supposed to be good hours
Cons
management
Horrible place
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 August 2018
Disgusting place, I don’t think I’ve ever been in a place as selfish as this one. I had many confrontations with some managers that were trying to be too smart and because of that they tried t dismantle me in any aspect as a human being. They should make us all a favor and close down the place.
fun work place
Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian16 June 2018
i enjoyed working there as the people i was working with were really nice and always talkative i learned quite alot a typical day at work was when it was always busy always on my feet
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing to be honest
false promises
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  South West4 May 2018
Started with gather & gather in January at first regional manager made everything sound so wonderful, I thought iv really found s company that I could settle down with! AVOID AT ALL COST!!! Manager was bulling younger staff, no support from higher management. Also made me feel like it was me or others doing wrong. Mind games don't bother.
Pros
Cons
everthing
dont what ever you do
manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland24 March 2018
worst company ever , cover up everything .training is laughable .a typical day for manager work 8 hours plus without a break . learned nothing . dealing with higher management impossible .
best part of job customers why the customer use them is normally only because nowhere else to go
Pros
none all staff brought there own food says it all
Cons
long hours, ignored
Horrible workplace
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster26 January 2018
The unit I worked at I did not have a good experience, the women I worked with were very nasty people who often picked on me, and even planted a set of keys on me. 10/10 would never work here again
Managers don't have a clue
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 January 2018
Worked for this company for 6 years !! Used to be a good place to work until they got new managers who clearly knew nothing about catering and turned out to be nothing but bullies !!!! Best thing I done was leave !! Four of us left at the same time .... Says it all really !!!!
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Management lie constantly !!!!!!
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Osterley8 January 2018
Working for gather & gather as been a good experience.
I've learnt how to talk with customer and deal with most of the problems. I-ve also learnt how to use resdiary and how to make a floor plan for the service.
very busy working environment, but very enjoyable
Business Services Manager (Former Employee) –  London5 December 2017
over seeing, busy Starbucks coffee bars, as well as very extensive events and hospitality over 5 building, having loads off training, responsibuilty managing a team of 50 mobilization off units
Pros
training, and free lunches
Cons
The right company to work for
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 September 2017
Our typical day is a fun, so tiring as satisfactory 8 hours shift. I learnt about Health&Safety rules and a full, free training is been provided to all of us since the first moment, from the line manager, who is fantastically ready to answer and help us in any situation.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Very early shift in the morning
Not fun and bully culture
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol27 August 2017
Company make false proimise to staff cut hours and pay and have a bully culture we had a good team of 5 then cut hours and money and we all left the company has poor training and poor managers
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bulling and pay cuts
great opportunities
manager (Current Employee) –  South East16 August 2017
I've only been with the company for less than a year, but so pleased I made the move.
In terms of hospitality world, the work life balance here is incredible, I feel very grateful.
My managers and the others that I have seen have all bent over backwards to help me and my colleagues.
The company wants to keep evolving and changing with clients expectations, I want to be part of that change.
I'm on less pay than I would like or that I had in my last role, but I am working my contracted hours rather than 20+ more.
Pros
the people, food on shift
Cons
pay
Worst two years of my life
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire7 August 2017
The management spend more time trying to find faults with other managers instead of working with you to resolve problems.
There is bullying antics by the senior managers to get what they want and staff just feel ripped off and used and undervalued .
Do not fall for the food led company rubbish it all comes off exec chefs that google all there info off BBC food.
Pros
You do get paid
Cons
Bullying & Bad management
Great culture and opportunites
Manager (Current Employee) –  London7 August 2017
I've worked for Gather & Gather for 3 years and have seen my career go from strength to strength. They really value your personality, ideas and trust you to do your job. They are leading the way in the industry with great food, coffee and customer experience.
Good if you're in the clique.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Copley, Halifax, West Yorkshire20 June 2017
Worked for around 7 months and hated 6 of them. The management team were the laziest bunch I've ever come across and had their favourites. Head chef spent more time in the office than in the kitchen (doing work for his own business) horrible place to work avoid at all costs.
Worst two years of my life
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire7 May 2017
Horrible experience staff are evil and selfish
Management haven't got a clue what they are doing customers walked into the place expecting to be treated like royalty at the end of the day it was only a canteen for goodness sake! They weren't enough staff to run the place efficiently it was an absolute nightmare from start to finish when I was dismissed purely just because I wasn't in the click it was a blessing in disguise
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Staff are evil and selfish

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gather & Gather. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4