Gartner

Gartner Employee Reviews

United Kingdom36 reviews
I walked into a room of over 100 eager faces making small talk. Everyone exchanged the basics — where we’re from, when we got here, etc., as we attempt to get to know the people who will be a huge part of our lives for the next 10 weeks. Having only arrived in Dallas the evening before, I was in a brand-new city where I didn’t know anyone. I honestly had no idea what to expect from the internship or the people in it.

A few awkward ice-breakers later, the group quickly evolved to form a team-oriented environment focused on getting to know each other. Though we were all from different places and had very different life experiences, we were enthusiastic about the opportunity Gartner offered to us.

After getting to know my fellow interns, my next objective was feeling out Gartner as an organization. And I was not disappointed. I haven’t worked in a corporate environment before, but I knew from my years in retail that having a good company culture was very important to me. From the first day, it was abundantly clear that Gartner was invested in us and wanted us to grow professionally.

I left the office on Friday feeling excited for my next week of training and eager to get on the sales floor, content with the friends I had made so far and happy that I had the opportunity to work for a company that cared.
Money, money, money. A company who tells you all that they are a 'people company' over and over may not be. The office was rigid and full of competitive get-goers with something to prove - not to make friends. Sales were celebrated to a point most wouldn't believe. And to cap it off they threw redundancies around at the slight whiff of making less than the usual double-digit growth they were expecting. Not a people company - liars.
it was a new role for me and i took the job to get more experience in a different field and industry.
I was very fast paced and learnt a lot on excel.
HRA - very process driven, use of Workday for tasks, receive reference and visa letters through HR Inbox. Collaborate across EMEA, America and APAC.
Good working environment, culture is developing positively.

Progression is unfortunately rigid and strict to be in seat for typically 2 years before promotion.

Company is centered only around sales and money - corporate functions do not benefit from paid Christmas parties, summer parties, team building days, information is very top down.. you are 'told' information from team in America, same for HRP's.

Benefits and pay are very good, Vitality private health (includes tons of benefits), dental insurance, good maternity pay, pension is double up to 8%, 2 cafes on site, gym for free at Egham. London office now offers virtual yoga and facilitates a lunch running club.
Pros
finish at 5, free gym, on-site canteen, benefits, pay
Cons
top down, heavily process driven, US higher mangement VERY robotic and scripted in communication (impossible to warm to them)
The workflow is not constant. It is very stressful and everybody is very busy towards end of months, quarter or year otherwise it could be nearly empty.
The company is well renowned and I am happy to say I work here. The pair is fair and the team I work with are great. There is much opportunity to travel too
Inconsistent work life balance across departments, otherwise it’s a good company to work for. Promotions are limited dependant upon who your line manager is.
The role lacks variety but there are opportunities to move and develop internally, very sales driven culture and management is very hit or miss. good company to work for IT experience.
Benefits
Cons
Sales driven business culture
Lots of change due to acquiring CEB and poor change management. High turn over of key people in the organization. Poor work life balance and management is inflexible and unsupportive.
interesting place. Good benefits. flexibile for personal appointments. diverse culture. alwyas something new to learn if you want to learn it. new challanges dialy
Good culture, good benefits, good training, going through transitional period, so lots of change. Collaborative environment. Good reputation and products
Great place to learn where people are really open to help you be successful.
Very international, professional and fun environment.

The office has a restaurant and a gym which is very ideal.
Pros
learning, career progression, fast paced
Cons
work to do on the management side
if you're male or a female without children this is a good place to work I think. Long hours expected and not family friendly. Lots of micromanagement towards the end (2018).
Gartner is great if you want to be in sales, there is a fantastic development structure and it is clear how you should progress.

If you are not interested in sales it is very difficult to move between roles.
Highly professional work place with qualified people who love their job. It was a pleasure to work for Gartner during some of the biggest events in the industry.
Advancement always seems to be based on sales results and you have to be lucky to get good accounts. Progression depends on being a member of "the Boys Club"
Pros
Great Products and services
Cons
Long hours.
Gartner is a wonderful company to join if you want to build your career and have the resources at your disposal to be able to do so in a structured manner. A typical day was very fast paced, very structured in terms of process, however very flexible when it comes to being able to manage your own day and clients in suitable manner. The management teams were dedicated to help you with self improvement and were always helping to set personal targets and steps to achieve them. There is a huge amount of collaboration between teams so it's a great place to get to know a wide range of people and build your network. The hardest part of the job but equally the most rewarding was working to very high metrics to achieve and reach on a quarterly basis. This is however regularly reviewed and the team help each other out if anyone was struggling in a particular area.
I feel very proud having worked for Gartner and believe it has opened many opportunities for me since.
Pros
Ability to manage your own day
Cons
High pressured work environment
Has not moved on with the times, employee engagement is something that needs to be worked on. Greater focus should be put on retention of good employees instead of solely winning over new recruits.
- Matching delegates to the relevant IT speaker when they are attending an event 1on1 meeting, through utilisation of online research tools and CRM system.

- Assist with delegate event enquiries and calendar management via Microsoft Outlook and the Events Management

System. Dealing with speaker’s general event enquiries via email.

- Possessed excellent eye for detail, enjoyed working with data and gaining a sense of achievement from seeing improvements in data quality.

- Maintaining reports and managing data through Microsoft Excel
Pros
very good managment
Cons
contract basis
Het werken bij Gartner is mij zeer prettig bevallen. De collega's waren erg leuk en ook hoe er samen gewerkt wordt met klanten is echt iets waar andere organisaties iets van kunnen leren. Wat er bij Gartner beter zou kunnen is dat alles topdown wordt besloten, dit zorgt dat er weinig geluisterd wordt naar goede ideeen van de werknemers op de vloer. Ook wordt alles in metrics gemeten. Dit opzich is goed, echter worden mensen afgerekend op metrics waar ze zelf geen invloed op hebben, waardoor je een situatie krijgt waar bepaalde mensen weigeren bepaalde klanten in hun portfolio te nemen.
Pros
erg leuke collega's
Cons
je wordt gemeten op metrics waar je zelf weinig impact op hebt
Gartner is a fun place to work. extremely good benefits, a lot of opportunities to improve yourself, overall I would say Gartner is an excellent company to work for
High performing company. You learn a lot from colleagues and can really improve a person
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
NONE! I wish there is one to write but none come to mind right now.