Gap Employee Reviews

Found 214 reviews matching the search See all 4,423 reviews
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire28 November 2018
A customer focused job where you face customers daily trying to create good customer service. Not only would you be giving good customer service you would be making sure the standards of the shop is good.
Nice place to work great team support.
Bluewater Retail Park Senior Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent28 November 2018
Running the shop floor . Been adaptable to all situations .Able to communicate at all levels. Having a good team workers supporting you with running off the store.The challenging part for me would have been turning the negative to a positive.The enjoyable part off this role was given first class service in store and on the telephone.
Pros
great team
Cons
shift work
6 December 2018

Thanks for sharing what it's like to work on our team in Bluewater! We love hearing feedback from our employees.

Very welcoming workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames21 November 2018
Working at GAP, consisted of making sure that the work area is kept contained and as tidy as possible in order to help the customers have a very smooth shop. It is also extremely important to help the customers during their shop and allowing them to know if there are any sort of discounts or sales occurring. The workplace overall in GAP, was extremely good everyone was very welcoming and it almost felt as if we were a little family. The most hardest part of the job was doing a closing shift which consisted of putting all the clothes in their designated area and making sure that the store was at a good high standard for the next day.
Pros
Being able to meet new people
Cons
Closing shifts
rubbish company back in the stone age
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire20 November 2018
rubbish company back in the stone age, so archaic it is untrue. Making doors for free with no customer services and no respect for their customer. Awful place to work
Fun workplace but Canary Wharf management has been the worst I have ever seen.
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London20 November 2018
The team and benefits are all great. However there are barely any opportunities to develop. Also, the management team at Canary Wharf store really needs to be under review. Would not recommend that store at all.
6 December 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. We understand our leaders have a significant impact on the overall experience of our employees, and we are committed to providing resources to help our managers give the proper guidance and encouragement to their teams. We’ll keep your feedback in mind as we work to drive positive change at all levels of our company.

Contract problems but enjoyable people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh20 November 2018
Enjoyed my work and time at gap however was told by management the contract was 4 weeks probation and it would be extended to different hours after training was complete. I ended up working 2 months (without contract change) to be told my contract was not getting extended but if i wished i could re apply and they would re hire.
Amazing workplace
SALES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  London11 November 2018
Contributes to driving the productivity of the team to achieve store financial, revenue and expense targets. , Monitors sales to ensure labor is utilized to optimize traffic and sales generation. Works closely with leadership team to measure the success of brand initiatives, in-store trends and market insights to drive sales.
Good Colleagues
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London9 November 2018
I’ve worked in two different Gap stores now and have always found that the people I work with are fun and friendly (for the most part) the pay is quite good (8.23) if you work in one of the central stores (e.g. Piccadilly, Oxford Street). Normally you have 8 hour shifts with an hour break in between. Most of the time stores get busy so you will always have something to do. It is very 50/50 if you get decent managers or not. As long as you just get on with your job you’ll find that the environment is far more relaxed than managers imply when you first get there. I would definitely say it’s a good first job especially for students
Pros
50% discount, hour lunch, good pay, friendly staff
Cons
8 hour shifts, can get boring and tedious at times
great team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London7 November 2018
Morning shifts are the best for me not only because i am a morning person but also because you get to get the shop together and ready for customers before it opens.
i dont remember
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth31 October 2018
i mostly dont remember but it was alright for a first job. I guess it just depends on who works with them and where as it can be different from place to place.
Dwyl
ASST.MANAGER -VISUAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Ashford30 October 2018
Turnover is high so workload is demanding but exciting.
Personalities are celebrated and encouraged.
Productivity and sales are high.
The people who you get to work with make it enjoyable and fun.
A day at work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands25 October 2018
Good company to work for. Customer service is a priority. They cared about there staff.

I enjoyed the customer service and the deliveries. I liked the other staff.
5 November 2018

Thank you for the great feedback! We mean it when we say we’re “customer-obsessed.”

You'll regret working here.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire25 October 2018
Pathetic is the first word that springs to mind. I worked in this company for years. I've seen a frequent turn over of staff due to certain horrible and vindictive memebers of the managment team who shouldn't be left in charge of dogs let alone people. These certain management members eventually make enemies of each member of staff and only develop or support people to benefit them selves and will happily throw anyone under the bus to save their own skin, even when they know they're in the wrong and haven't carried out tasks by the books (which is often). If you respect yourself you will never work for Gap Oxford.
Pros
The pays not bad.
Cons
too many to list.
fantastic
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool12 October 2018
loved it loads to do but was fun, great teamwork
culture is fab and would recommend to anyone as they like to spend time on development. Can be lot of merchandising work which takes a while due to the amount of folded product. deliveries and vm take up a lot of time.
Pros
people, product, atmosphere
Cons
folded product and the way stock is delivered
very busy work environment
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  London12 October 2018
Very busy environment, due to the location, never a quiet day. Many USA visits so always needed to make sure the shop was tidy and organized. 95% of shop floor folded which meant that you constantly needed to refold items once customers touched the clothes .
Pros
30% discount
Cons
rota for new week not provided till Thursday and it was still subject to change
Relaxed yet professional
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 October 2018
Gap is a busy place to work as there are always tasks to be completed both on the shop floor and in the stockroom.The customers are always a priority and the company prides themselves on this.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
N/a
Gap company
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Gap at lewisham3 October 2018
Gap Company is a very good like a normal company in a riteal i started at 7;00 and i finish at 19;00, i help my team tadding up what i lorn was is very important that every retail the store must be tadding for a costumers and for the, district Managers come visit the store, as bean part of Management team i lorn a lot because i was a siner we have to control the stuff the team we have to organise the store and the team. the hardest part of the job was the Delivery but then became fun after you learn.
Pros
long term tadding up
Cons
no hours
fun work place
Flagship general manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire23 September 2018
fun work place horrendous workload, business has lost its way in the last 12 months with no clear structure on promos , replenishment or people with an ever increasing workload
Fun workplace
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  London20 September 2018
Very fast paced during the holiday seasons
Management tends to recognize good work ethic and promote from within.I like the brands but would never advise anyone to work at the call center.
Pros
stuff
Cons
Early hours
22 October 2018

We're happy to see you recognize the career growth opportunities at Gap Inc. Some of our longest-tenured leaders at the organization started in one of our stores! Thank you for leaving a review.

A great first place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheshire Oaks, Cheshire17 September 2018
I worked as a sales associate at Gap for over two years as my first proper job after school, and it was a great experience to begin my working life with!
Colleagues and management were fantastic and helped with any queries
Sufficent training was given and was always on-going
Room for progression
50% discount
Long days but hour for lunches
26 September 2018

Thanks for leaving a review; this is what we love to hear! It's important for us to invest in our employees' futures, regardless of where their career takes them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K