Gap Employee Reviews

A great first place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheshire Oaks, Cheshire17 September 2018
I worked as a sales associate at Gap for over two years as my first proper job after school, and it was a great experience to begin my working life with!
Colleagues and management were fantastic and helped with any queries
Sufficent training was given and was always on-going
Room for progression
50% discount
Long days but hour for lunches
Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  York9 September 2018
I worked at a Gap Outlet as a Christmas Temp. I enjoyed getting the know how the store ran and everyone was really friendly. There were stressful times with it being a busy seasonal job but on the whole I enjoyed working here.
Busy but fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Picadilly Circus6 September 2018
Once the shift started, the first thing to do was speak with the managers to be notified about any new deals and promotions for that day. Then we would go to our assigned locations on the shop floor and start our work offering customer assistance to anyone and making sure the shop floor was tidy at all times.
Fun place to work
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 August 2018
one of my best jobs, everyday is different and you get to learn on the job in a fast paced environment - plenty of opportunity to progress and experiment in different areas retail has to offer.
the company thrives on creating a fun and relaxed atmosphere for both employees and customers - the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting different people everyday and building friends for life.
family based
I currently work as a sales associate (Current Employee) –  London23 August 2018
A typical day in the life as a sales associate at gap entails a briefing with your staff team , it's reminded to us throughout the day that without team work our jobs will be allot harder individually.Providing Unique customer service was the main aim and goal at gap
Pros
team based
Cons
management
Ideal for students
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire20 August 2018
Supportive staff that were happy to work around students' schedules when devising rota's for work. Smaller store provided a close knit team and a more relaxed environment.
Young, enthusiastic, approachable workplace.
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London11 August 2018
Gap Wimbledon is a high energy, customer focused team. As a Senior Sales Associate, I work hard to keep up to date with the always-changing fashion trends ensuring I give the best service to our customers. Gap Wimbledon have a young management team, working closely with all employees to maintain the strong, confident and approachable atmosphere in the store. Gap Wimbledon have a diverse work culture, with mixed ages, backgrounds, and abilities, allowing us to come together as a team to achieve our set daily targets to the highest standard.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
n/a
Official response from Gap
30 August 2018

Thank you for sharing insights about working on our team in Wimbledon. We love hearing from our employees and appreciate your feedback.

good experience for future employment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire9 August 2018
I only worked an hour a week as I was a volunteer, and they wanted to start me off slow because of my Asperger's and I had never been in this kind of environment before, but I was given tasks such as cleaning, stock control and stock replenishment. The length of time I worked there before leaving was short, but I hoped I gained experience for future employment by doing the things they did. The management was very friendly and supportive, there was no hard part of the job fortunately, and I enjoyed working there thoroughly.
Rude management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 August 2018
On my very first day, my manager always had something passive aggressive to say to me. Every other staff member was great and never caught an attitude with me, except the manager.
Official response from Gap
30 August 2018

We recognize that our managers play a significant role in our employees’ experience. We have recently made changes to our employee policies across all of our brands that will reflect our values of respect and dignity for all in our environment.

Good
Sales assisnatnt (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale, Blaenau Gwent31 July 2018
Brilliant place to work. The staff are extremley freindly and they make you feel extremely comfotable. The hours are never too long and the skills you will learn will stay with your for life.
Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  London24 July 2018
Working in Gap is a great opportunity. Good way to move up in the retail world with growth through the business. Nice way of meeting new people and gaining more experience in the fashion industry.
Exciting and Eventful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street21 July 2018
Through working here I have managed to gain a lot of experience in the line of retail and was also able to enhance my previous skills, learning new ways of doing things.
It was a great job experience.
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Brighton17 July 2018
I worked for a week from 8am to 4pm. I had to fold and arrange clothing in the correct places. I also helped customers find the right sizes for what they were looking at. There was one time when a kid was running around in the store and knocked over a rack of clothing almost on top of him, so I moved the rack and helped the child up and took to his mother. I explained what happened, then went back to clear up the mess. I learned how to use the till and communicate with people more effectively.
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London12 July 2018
This was great place to work at as i became very in touch with the customers due the can do and helpful attitude mirror around my colleagues at the time that was passed on to me.
Gap review
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 July 2018
A typical day at work was handling stock, managing shop floors and serving customers.
I learned how to fold clothes properly, but other than my previous experience in retail - I did not learn anything new at GAP.
good company - great place to make friends
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Putney3 July 2018
I had been with the company for a while - from part time to full time - depending on the store and day of the week, it can be varying in how busy it is.
You will be able to learn a lot of new skills if this is your first job. Opportunities ranging from stock handling to updating the floor with new collections, by following the guides provided and working with colleagues to achieve this
Decent
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 June 2018
I liked the job for the pay and it was straightforward but retail was a job I found very dull as it consisted of folding clothes and running up the stairs to the stock room to constantly search for customer's sizes that we did not have 70-80% of the time.
good place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London13 June 2018
i enjoyed working there, gained a lot of experience from the business as well as gave back as much as i can. it was fun and busy at most times which made me work twice as productive
Pros
good pay
Cons
tiring
Hardworking Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 June 2018
Overall it was a great first place to work with amazing opportunities for profession although too many hours were demanded for my personal situation which eventually led to me leaving.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Too many hours
First retail job
SALES ASSOCIATE / KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Essex31 May 2018
A perfect chance to adapt to working life and having the skills and acknowledgement to learn new things including customer service, cash handling etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K