Gap Employee Reviews

good place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London13 June 2018
i enjoyed working there, gained a lot of experience from the business as well as gave back as much as i can. it was fun and busy at most times which made me work twice as productive
Pros
good pay
Cons
tiring
Hardworking Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 June 2018
Overall it was a great first place to work with amazing opportunities for profession although too many hours were demanded for my personal situation which eventually led to me leaving.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Too many hours
First retail job
SALES ASSOCIATE / KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Essex31 May 2018
A perfect chance to adapt to working life and having the skills and acknowledgement to learn new things including customer service, cash handling etc.
Productive and fun work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport27 May 2018
This job was extremely fun, the colleagues were very friendly and they treated everyone with respect. I've learnt and developed many skills such as customer service skills, communication skills, teamwork skills and so on. The management was great, the hardest part of the job would be the replenishing of the sotre where we had to recover all the clothes and tidy the whole store up, it took a while but we got there in the end. The most enjoyable part of the Job would be serving at the till because that's when you interact with many customers.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 May 2018
GAP was an enjoyable place to work and the staff there were great and was on hand to help with any unsure questions. I met some amazing people working here.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Management and training
Friendly staff, happy atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford18 May 2018
I enjoyed working at GAP. A typical day at work was busy, I was nonstop working whether it was folding clothes or working at the tills I was always doing something. I learnt how to reprice items of clothing and how to tag items of clothing. the hardest part of the job was when not everyone was working on a busy day as there is a lot to do and a lot of areas to manage and keep presentable. I loved seeing what new clothing came in with the orders.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
Great environment and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London16 May 2018
It was fun and a Great learning experience great coworkers and manage mentioned overall wonder time and good team to work along with while building experience
Gap
Floor Manager/Supervisor/Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London13 May 2018
Over all working for Gap has been a journey, I've made life long friends, met customers who I've built relationships with but on the other hand it can be stressful.
The most enjoyable part of the Job was meeting new people/customers.
Fast paced, learning different skills each day
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian10 May 2018
While working her during the week of the work experience from Armadale Academy i got to interact with a wide range of customers and be in a fast paced environment while restocking the shelves and keeping the shop floor clean and tidy and risk free.
Pros
Great Staff and Great Environment
Nice brand to evolve
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 May 2018
Very nice place to learn, nice team spirit. You have time to learn a lot of different tasks .
usually very busy but at the same time you can enjoy because you have always something to do

Want to know more about Gap?

Ask a question
Fantastic
Logo Motif - Company Secretary helping (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset3 May 2018
Lovely Staff Atmosphere and work role was easy to adapt to.

I thoroughly enjoyed working here and enjoyed my time serving customers and liaising with the public.
Pros
Discount
It's aight.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester2 May 2018
I don't have any hatred towards GAP, but the environment and way they manage their stores is horrific.

I would say working at GAP in The Trafford Centre made me value politeness and consideration in people so much more than I ever would; I suppose that's typical for retail.

The employees were delightful and made the job bearable, though the poor management and turn over of staff was tough. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be how DEAD the store gets on Men's floor, so when you get sent up there from women's floor, you get to put your legs up for a little bit.

I learned a great deal about customer service which is a great help for when you apply to other jobs which you have to deal with the average citizen.

Overall, you have good days and bad days. Most of them bad. I wouldn't recommend working in The Trafford Centre if you're going to do retail, let alone GAP.
Great customers and staff
Depot Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 April 2018
Felt that I was just there to babysit the staff with to many Head managers getting involved.If they Regionals and Area sales managers let the depot mangers run the depot then more results would happen within sales and less staff turn over.
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin23 April 2018
Forever revolving company. No day is the same with great management programmes, more so if you live in the city area to commute to be able to progress.
Gap
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London31 March 2018
The hours were very long and tiring. I learned social and communication skills. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the disrespectful customers and cleaning the mess they would make sometimes. The most enjoyable part was the discounts on clothing I would get.
Pros
Discount
Cons
NO sense of relation between managers and employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London29 March 2018
Gap taught me that if there is no relation ship between the workforce within the shop then there will be no reaching the targets, if managers won't work together with employees then there will be bad sales
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
managers unresponsibility
Ever changing environment
Senior Store Manager Flagship Store (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 March 2018
Fast paced and changing daily.
Driving a large team to achieve and smash sales targets. Accountable for all aspects of P&L to ensure store is profitable.
Additional district accountabilities include managing South District Payroll (15 stores), ER Champ, deputising for DM
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station, Greater London20 February 2018
the company is a good place to work for. Management consider your ideas and decisions. flexible place to work. enjoy the working culture. i learnt so much working there.
Pros
good working culture and good people
Good team enviroment
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon9 February 2018
Highly customer focused company so you need a passion for customer service in order to succeed. Great team environment. Good benefits.You need to purchase your own uniform but if you enjoy Gap clothing then that shouldn't be an issue.
Pros
great manangement
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London2 February 2018
A very productive place of work. The colleagues are nice and the management is very understanding towards both professional and personal issues. Overall a great place of work especially for young people looking for part-time work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K