Here to help: Coronavirus update

Gap Employee Reviews

United Kingdom294 reviews
Fun workplace
I enjoyed working for GAP, it was a fun and productive environment and was kept that way by the managers, we were encouraged by sweet incentives and constantly on the move.
A typical day with gap
To get job in gap you have to be lucky send them emails and phone then every day and ask about any job and then maybe you wil get one or two days a week. Sometimes you can have more days in work per week. Hard to find good job with gap and if you say no then you not get anything for weeks
Sales Associate
Well payed and enjoyable workplace. Opportunities to develop and progress within the workplace. Good holiday pay entitlement provided. Fast- paced organisation
Beneficial to my future
It’s a very good experience to work for and the staff are very welcoming and kind.I like to help people a lot for what they are looking for which improves my customer service.
No bad place
No bad working hours management is not thats so bad never have any issue with them, money are good but can be better. People are the same ok. It was good job
Great fun place to work and learnt so much regarding Fashion
During my time in London working for Gap i had great team and managers who helped my career within the Fashion scene .I had stockroom Leadership experience before i started at Gap and kept the shop floor filled at all times .
great place
Having worked their for a good period of time I would highly recommend working at this business, their is lots of training opportunities and a lot of praise when someone has done something outstanding for the business. It is clearly laid out at the start of each shift what the expectations are.
Good Company if you’re in the right store
As a company, Gap are good to work for. Pay is fair and there are some good additional benefits. Good opportunity to travel and get involved in workshops at a higher level to gain experience. Some of the stores have managers who have been with the company a long time so have become stagnant and also this leaves no room for progression if that’s what you’re looking for.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gap?
Fun Workplace
Everyone that I worked with was really helpful seeing that I was only 18 and doing work experience they showed me around and taught me certain things that I never knew before and it also helped with my confidence and communication skills which I will be forever grateful for.

A typical day at the job is really relaxed on a non-busy day but when its busy it also great because I enjoyed the frill of it all. The hardest part of the job for me had to be the communication I had to do because of costumer service because I wasn't used to that but once I got the hang of it all I was fine and with the support of the team it made it all better.
Nice experience
As it was my first job I got very easily into it and have been promoted to a supervisor. The team is great and the management team is friendly and helpful
Managment is so poor
The work culture between the sales assistants is really nice, managment however are so deluded about the things that would make the company run better, simple things you would think are common sense are not so common to the managment. Communication is also so poor , one manager will tell you do to something so you’ll do it and then you’ll get shouted at by another manager for doing what you were told to do, no communication whatsoever.
Gap
I can’t really give a review as this was work experience when I was at school however the manager was a lovely woman and the staff was very friendly and made me feel comfortable
Para mi fue una etapa de mi vida muy satisfactoria trabajando en Gap.
Trabajar en gap para mi fue como un sueño. Trabajar en la moda. Como siempre he querido siendo adolescente.
productive and fun workplace
happy and friendly environment with lovely customers. very productive days with lots to do. especially with the role of a visual which is one of my roles which includes dressing mannequins, looking at the overall look of the store and then changing the details that I think suits best.
Nice team
Good management, generally a good workplace.
You feel as if you are able to discuss anything with management if for example you have any issues about anything.

Fantastic levels of customer service generally.
Pros
Nice people generally, retailers discount, in-store discount.
Cons
Understaffing due to low hours from the company.
Different in every store
Great people to work with overall, but every store is different, some are nicer than others (I have worked in 3 permanently, another 6 temporarily). In general slightly underpaid, and it's high street retail so nothing is secure in the sector.
Very good for part-time job
Gap was a great job to have while being at uni. The managers were very flexible with scheduling and giving time off. All the staff were very friendly and helpful
Great Environment
This was a great environment to work in and all the staff are so lovely and make you feel very welcome. Most of the management team were also really lovely and supportive but the store manager would barely acknowledge you mass majority of the time which made myself and other staff members feel very uncomfortable.
Pros
All colleagues were so lovely and madr the envoroment a good one!
Cons
Manager would barely acknowlede staff members
Shocking
The managers can be unbelievably unwelcoming towards new workers, specifically those that belong to ethnic minorities. The way in which tasks must be carried out to meet their standards is not explained beforehand nor are the rules and regulations. The work environment itself can be very unhygienic. Despite a good salary, I would not recommend working here.
Fast paced
fast paced work on the lines you get paid pretty good but health and safety is out the window, they provide gloves and goggles but that's it, fridges are stacked and can fall on you and oil can spray in your face, they say you need equipment on but do not provide it all
Fast paced enjoyable
Busy retail environment, fast paced and customer focused unique to Gap. Creating affordable every day fashion to meet the season's trends, has well has the every day basics.