Gap Personnel Employee Reviews

No job security terrible agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Kirkby, Merseyside25 October 2018
First of all, fake advertisement on the 20 week contract as I knew plenty of staff got laid off after a couple of weeks work, same goes for holiday hours which is also fake advertisement. Supervisors and managers couldn't give a toss about you, they're all liars as well. If you fancy working with ex criminals this is to place to be, full of ex convicts and scallys and I had my snacks robbed plenty of times because they don't give you a locker.

All in all, last resort job, slave labour, NO JOB SECURITY, the agency can get rid of you when they want.
Pros
Not bad pay
Cons
Slave labour
terrible agency
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Annesley, Nottinghamshire21 October 2018
Worst agency ever!!!! wages always wrong, never pay holiday pay. pretent they havent recieved a holiday request then wont answer the phone when you ring them to try and sort it out. DO NOT USE
Pros
Cons
incompetent
liars
FLT Driver (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire20 October 2018
These Clowns! Told me i would be driving an FLT and when i got to the workplace i ended picking orders for the Shop Floor. Dont Waste Your Time With these bunch of Clowns.
Pros
Cons
Liars
Top Company
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire15 October 2018
Most of the reviews here are reviewing the companies gap personnel provide agency workers for, rather than gap themselves. I know from first hand experience that gap personnel staff do everything they can to ensure that their staff are paid correctly and promptly, treated well, and are happy with their job. As you can appreciate, it is tricky when companies work together and the problems usually come from those companies not providing gap personnel with the necessary information. Gap do all that they can and the staff are on call to help out wherever possible.
Pros
Helpful staff (Stoke/Buxton teams especially)
Cons
Non
Great Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Buxton, Derbyshire15 October 2018
I’ve worked for gap for about 2 months now. They are a very professional company and treat their staff very well. I would recommend gap personnel to anyone! ☺️
Low payed and hard working job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bradford8 October 2018
Work is very hard and very highly targeted. Mangment terrorising the stuff. The pay is always minimum no matter how hard you work. Overtime is unpaid. There's hours bank and they give you free time for overtime that was imposed on workers.
Pros
Cons
Very hard work for minimum wage
Modern slavery
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Kirkby, Merseyside30 September 2018
They are not professional. The staff is not polite and eveything what will happend your opinion dosn't matter. The managers told me "LET US THINKING FOR YOU". WTF man, real modern slavery. Don't go work in that full gossips warehouse you will regret it
Pros
Free water
Cons
The stuff is not professional
Worst people to work with
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire16 September 2018
Don't pay the right wages, don't care about you and when you take a problem to them their too stupid to sort it out or help you,

Would not recommend signing up with GAP
Pros
Cons
Worst agency
being apart of the team
onsite contract manager (Current Employee) –  whiston prescott8 September 2018
onsite manager
daily routine recruiting.training.inductions.
placing the correct worker with the skill he/she needs to fulfil job spec.
best part of the job interacting with the client and workforce.
manufacturing buisness
what i have learned more than anything team work is essential to maintain and grow the buisness
Pros
company car
Poor, Bad Attitude Don’t use
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  North West3 September 2018
Started temping. At first good to work for. Then promised a 13 week assignment. Got laid off at 5:40pm on the fifth Friday, thus near impossible to find work the following Monday.
Promised work the following Monday only to be given incorrect car directions. Eventually found client (with very little help from Gap!!) then had to park car 10 mins walk from site. When I phoned Gap they turned onto me and blamed me!
Still owe me holiday money for said assignment above.
Do not use!!! Don’t care about workers, only keeping clients happy.
Pros
Yeah right
Cons
Everything about them
Great Company
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire31 August 2018
i was a walk in at the Warrington branch, they were extremely polite and helpful they signed me up, set me up with an interview, and got me on a induction and started working within 24 hours the onsite team are fantastic they supported me throughout my time with them and i was offered a contract after 12 weeks from the warehouse, the onsite team continued to make sure i was happy and receiving the support from the warehouse staff
Pros
excellent service
Cons
Worst agency to work for
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Blackburn13 August 2018
From the east Lancashire Blackburn Gap personnel I applied for a warehouse role in altham got their and the place was ok to work but their many other agencies and Gap agencies did get treat like dogs, doing the hardest and the dirtiest jobs. Gap told me their work til Xmas but in the first week the company let me go saying no workload. When i rang gap their had no answers but found me more work in a hazard workplace in the same company I worked for last week however their give me another weeks work and extertis told me on the first day but Gap didn't. Then when I rang gap up they were very unprofessional and aggressive told me not to ring again and later they've text me saying find another agency !! Don't apply for this agency dont look after you at all.
Pros
When i can start
Cons
Zero hour contracts. Unprofessional agency
productivity
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  ellesmere port30 July 2018
worked on the agency for just under two years and worked just as hard as there staff not much grades 2 and 3 dont know the job you will be finished at no notice other operatives most are pleasant a few are very nasty
Pros
free fruit and hot drinks there is a staff canteen and is very basic
Cons
shift work
Professional and friendly workplace
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Wrexham20 July 2018
I have had no problems at all with gap previously, but have been in full time work a number of years and I am happy to go back to them to help me find a new job with part time hours
Pros
Free lunches, warm friendly staff
Cons
Some work can be at short notice
rubbish
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff10 July 2018
i worked for gap recruitment dont pay the right wages they dont care how you work as long as they get paid there money they employ people for there own needs
slave labour
Pros
Cons
dont pay wages
Sandmaster
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire12 June 2018
very repetitive yet fulfilling work.
working on a production line creating sanding blocks, very friendly staff.
working a standard 9-5 monday to friday
Good Agency
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Wrexham16 May 2018
Good place to work. Very helpful people, never have had problems with them. They offered good jobs for quite good money. Jobs ongoing leading to contract.
job
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire15 May 2018
terrible communication treated like a cashcow piece of meat avoid at all costs Never call when they promised they would . Left waiting weeks about a done deal on a job which then never materialised.
Your run of the mill job agency.
Assembly Operative and Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hanley9 May 2018
They always try to get you some work if you were willing to put the effort in, but that true of all job agencies they were always professional in there work.
Not enough hours
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cardiff21 April 2018
Gap Personnel was actually a nice company to work for, although being agency work, there was never enough hours for my liking. Lovely staff and management, although when you arrive at the location, it is not very clear what you then have to do. For example, me and a work college arrived at the principality stadium. We were then put into a kitchen with no knowlage of what to do, with no health and saftey rules either. Most of my work colleges couldnt speak english also.