gap personnel Employee Reviews

Terrible Agency
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk26 July 2019
I worked for 6 different agencies in UK and Quattro aka GAP is worst by far. They promised to pay double and then payed single rate on bank holiday and you have to fight for your annual leave would be paid. Management lies to workers all the time. Pathetic agency, avoid it.
Factory worker
Packer, "2 Sisters Poultry" Ltd (Former Employee) –  Wrexham5 July 2019
I worked for Gap for about 1 year.I work for them in factories.I was satisfied.\\Gap Personnel were so korect with holiday and salery.I was so happy to work for them
Useless Agency
FLT Driver (Current Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire24 June 2019
I applied for the role of an FLT Reach Truck Driver or at least that’s what I thought it was. I registered and during the registration I asked what the main role would be and I was told I would be on the Reach Truck 90% of the time. On my first day I was told I would be stood on a line picking items and putting them into boxes. When I contacted the agency I was told that I would have to do this work first before going on a reach truck as we don’t go on any FLT’s on the first few days. I was not told this when I registered face to face and it doesn’t say this in the job description they had advertised. I thought I would check all this out before I confronted the agency to ask questions. Once I got through to them I was passed from pillar to post until I managed to speak to the person in charge of the vacancy to vent my frustration at being lied to about the role I was applying for. Only for her to tell me just get on with the job and we will try and get you on the trucks. This agency are a joke and there is no way of getting made permanent after 13 weeks as the company are not taking people on. Another lie they told me. I am basically having to settle for a lesser role for less money.
Do not waste your time with this agency otherwise you will get burned.
Pros
Bad Agency
Cons
Extremely bad agency
Avoid
N/A (Former Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire21 June 2019
Unresponsive towards e-mails and job applications. Registration completed only to be disregarded and no attempts at further contact or job placements. Hung up on multiple times when trying to make contact with staff.
Pros
Staff seem nice, local jobs with a lot of suited hours depending on what you need (if you can get a placement)
Cons
Unresponsive, Unreliable and lacking communication which is ironic for a recruitment agency.
Fast paced workplace
Warehouse Operative - temporary agency work (Former Employee) –  Altham19 June 2019
The time I spent here again short was a great learning curve for me, I learnt a lot from working here such as security, picking and packing as well as the computer system they had in place.
Pros
friendly co-wokers
Cons
Quite far to travel for me at the time
Terrible
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Buxton, Derbyshire18 June 2019
I started work with Gap with all the promises of a well established company, excellent promotion prospects and job security.. From day one it was a disaster.
The post I interviewed for was none existent so I settled on a lesser role, with less money, in fact it was minimum wage with no chance to further my position. I left after a few weeks to which I was met with a very rude phone call off the branch manager blaming me for putting her right in it, I explained that everything I'd been told was a lie and that I was to never apply with Gap again, I haven't, when I found out I they had won awards in their field I was at a complete disbelief... They must screw over some the most vulnerable people in society....
Pros
I got to leave
Cons
I didn't leave soon enough...
Scam
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire13 June 2019
They’ve advertised the job saying the wages would go to £10 after 12 weeks for more than half a year... big scam lie! Bunch of liars.

They completely ignore e-mails and cheat on holidays.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Great agency and brilliant communication
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  South Yorkshire29 May 2019
Work for gap personnel it’s a brilliant agency. Very polite and helpful. They always are there if you need them. Not one problem from me. Provides all the PPE.
Pros
Excellent staff.
Cons
None.
It's a no from me
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester27 May 2019
I registered with this agency and continued into going to Gap personnel in Wigan food pro I went there for an induction. Upon my induction I was told I would receive a phone call back the following day I heard nothing back from them as I was being showed around the warehouse it looked depressing a jobs a job but I felt bad for the people who was working putting peas and carrots into a tray they looked so miserable so I'm glad I've had a lucky escape in all fairness. I enquired about the shift times asking if I worked a 10 finish would I get out at 10 as the last bus is at 11 and they said more or less you'll probably have to stay abit longer than your finish time. Overall it's a no from me.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Long hours don't finish on time
Worst agency I have ever witnessed
none (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 May 2019
The staff.are rude you ask for work and they tell you they will ring back in a hour a week later still nothing. Never got any work unless your eastern European as all the job coaches are eastern European and when I went to register the first question they asked me was where u from instantly I felt like this company didn't like black people and since I have signed up with them I have never received 1 phone call in almost 2months... And also they speak there own language to each whilst you are the registering there very ignorant
Pros
Cons
The people that work there
so so
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Several Placements16 May 2019
I rarely got any assignments after the first three, and when I did get a placement I did enjoy there was no onsite visits no matter how many times they were requested.
Pros
Cons
No Support
Awful they dont care about their staff
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire16 May 2019
I was getting bullied and started on at my workplace and they didn't care then they got rid of me for nothing terrible and they are saying the people at the place j was working at which made it worse
Stay away
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire3 May 2019
I made the induction and waited for more than a month for a call back wich obviously never came. They expect me to beg for work? I don't get it. You don't matter to them so don't expect to be treated like a human being, I guess you'll need to kiss some as*es in order to be noticed. The staff was nice enough so nothing to complain there, I am just shocked that I didn't get an update for so long.

Stay away if possible, use this agency only as a last resort.
Pros
Absolutely none
Bad pay
FLT Driver (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent2 May 2019
What can I say?? Bad hourly rate, mistakes every week with my pay. I’m currently owed £200 and when you have problems when working for a client they don’t want to know no help and know support give this agency a wide berth there terrible!!!!AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Excellent staff
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 March 2019
Applied on first day, induction on second day and started work. Pay on time, excellent communication. During 6 months I worked without worry.
PERFECT
Pros
Communication
Cons
Non
Okay
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham24 February 2019
The Wrexham branch are pretty good to talk to and help you getting jobs but the jobs are not worthy of getting out of bed.
Minimum wage 12 hour days and nights would never work for minimum wage again for 48 hours a week just not on !!!!
Pros
Your working to survive not to live
Cons
Long hours and salary/wage shocking
treated me horribly
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham19 February 2019
I worked for gap in wrexham and flintshire theyve never found me any perminent work all they used me for was to fill in the gaps all the while promising me that every place i went to was perminent or beneficial to me.
Pros
Cons
pay, job security, honesty
No way to contact them
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire14 December 2018
They advertise a job which you have to telephone them about and the phone is never answered nor does it go to voicemail. What sort of agency has no one to answer the telephone.

Is it some guy running a business from his bedroom! Not at all professional.
Helpful Employment Agency
IT Support staff (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire9 December 2018
The staff were friendly and helpful, they listened to what I wanted and helped me find some full time temporary work. I would recommed them for finding both temporary and permanent work.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Helpful, Good Customer Service
One of the worst bloodsuckers about
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport9 December 2018
Terrible outfit, send 4 bodies for one job hoping they won't all turn up? When they do three are sent home...... then trying to get your 8hr minimum shift out of these bloodsuckers is like getting blood from a stone, put on hold passed about payroll and other staff this company is a pure joke, Goto be the worst run and poorest pay about....
Stay well away.....you have been warned!
Pros
Getting another job any is better
Cons
Waiting and waiting for your pennies