GAP Group

GAP Group Employee Reviews

I worked for gap for 2 years and was made redundant because of covid even thought company was hiring elsewhere. Not possible to progress unless you are area manager favorite. Company dont care about you at all. Wouldn't recommend to anyone Last payslip couldnt even be explained and Im 100% they underpaid me holidays, stay away if you want to enjoy lifeAlthough I complain about company I did enjoy my team and first manager who hired me but unfortunately you must be favorite to be recognized.
Pros
Cant think off
Cons
High expections
Really enjoyed my time with the company, really nice and helpful people who do help you grow and help you be where you want to be. Great depot manager and regional all the way up to head of lifting we're good people and always approachable.
Pros
Take the van home every day
Cons
Always stressed managers wanting kit that don't work coz they won't spend money on spares so you can't repair anything lots old kit that should be put in a skip really management couldn't give a toss about your welfare always on your case bonuses are a joke they say your getting it then they hold it back
Pros
Cons
Plenty
GAP have been incredibly supportive during lockdown, in and out of work. Feel appreciated and rewarded for the work I have done and they have given me everything I need to manage my team successfully. GAP have some great rewards including buying holidays, extra days for long service, welfare fund to spend on activities and meals out for the staff, annual pay rises and bonuses.
Pros
Welfare Scheme, Bonuses get paid
Colleagues and customers great , head office staff kind and helpful ,senior management appaling not a clue on how to treat people , no training here's the keys get on with it , no help ,no constructive help, just criticise and attack everything you do ,going down the pan slowly ,lots of cover ups
Pros
Welfare fund
Cons
Everything, computer system, management, wages, training, expectations
GAP promises loads of benefits, but simply don't deliver! Bosses for forcing them to work through covid-19 lockdown. Manager at Leicester depot is a bully and slangs off EVERYONE! But EVERYONE hates him even his weasels.
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Too much to list!
Class 2 driver for 6 month good job. Apart from been made out a liar ..there machinery is shocking they come off hire and go straight back out so good luck with that .. office staff more intrested in who's dating who .. some lorrys I drove there were fit for the scrap merchants .. I actually went home twice due to a sore back .. demoralising place ...
Pros
Absloute nil
Cons
List is endless
Made delivery to get a complaint made against me, no back up off the manager spineless... Then to be sacked for it after 3 years of service with no other complaints, more interested in the money for delivery than what actually happened. Stay clear of this mob run by idiots people in and out constantly if your face don't fit goodbye.
Pros
Finish at 4.00pm
Cons
Non apart from getting bollcked most days
The place is full of cleeky groups , bigoted people with no backup or support from managers and senior managers, some are very quickly to jump to conclusions before having all the facts I had to take on other people work that was out with my role and not paid any more for doing so, bigger work load with less people and more of a strain on your work home / life balance
Pros
Cons
No support from senior management
As I still work for this company I do not wish to comment. It would not be correct to do so. I learned that after my length of time here it is time to move on.
Pros
Salary and Company Car
Supposed to be a team effort To many lazy good for nothing wasters watching you do all the work instead of helping No team effort at al and under developed management couldn’t care either Sourly disappointed and disgruntled employee
Good company to work for good work life and great relaxed atmosphere and always willing to help brilliant company benifits and training is provided all ppe provided
Awful place to work!!!! Management all bullies, workload ridiculous, made to feel inadequate all the time, no flexibility whatsoever! No sickpay and you have to provide proof if you have an appointment! The management style is the worst I have ever encountered and I would come home upset A LOT as I felt like I wasn't good enough. Only realised how awful the place was when I left and started working for a decent company. AVOID!!!
Reinforced my skills in engineering strengthening my strive to pursue a career in this sector. Friendly and helpful environment and very teamwork orientated
I started on £23500 & was promised a rise after my 3 month trial period. That never happened. The hours increased week to week as the depot got more busy & was expected to be paid the same rate.
Worked at Gap for a short time. Advice to any Fitter that takes a job here don’t expect any help from the foreman,*YOU will do *Everything aswell as carry him,the guy steals a wage every week. The place runs smoothly when he’s not there....FACT! I’m pretty certain that the clipboard and paperwork he runs about with all day is actually a colouring book and crayons. The office staff are glued to social media on there personal phones, where as the workshop staff are dug up constantly for so much as a glance at ours. Spying on staff through cameras, it’s pathetic.
Pros
GAP as a whole, 6month bonus the the long term friendships I’ve gained out of it
Cons
Uncompetitive salary, ridiculous turnaround demand times and there are machines that should be in a construction museum.
Working at GAP was great. The team made me feel very welcomed straight away and where very helpful when needed. The whole environment has a really good vibe about it which is important for staff morale who all seem happy during my sort experience.
Staff at gap group limited are disrespectful between workers. Highly competitive with each other. Pay is rubbish. No discipline. Overall could be better
the company was really good to work for they encouraged to progress, i started as an admin, went into the fitter site of the lifting department. and finihed of as the HSC, moved to the welfare department and enjoyed that untill i managed to find a supervisors role in my current employment.
Worked in GAP one and enjoyed my 4 years. Lots of young people and this is their first job which is frustrating as some don't want to be there whilst most want to work hard and go home without drama. Managers looked after me fairly and a good family feel
If you want to work in a demoralising dictatorship then GAP is ideal for you. Team leaders are taught and encouraged to treat and speak to staff like they’re a piece of rubbish. This is across all teams and departments - no area is treated any differently from this. It’s just the culture in head office. Management and HR all contribute to the culture by instructing managers/team leaders to act this way too. Daily patrols take place to monitor staff, it’s like being in an exam hall. No talking allowed at all and staff are treated like children. If your face doesn’t fit then you’ll be out the door. There is zero flexibility and don’t expect to get paid if you’re ever ill. The staff turnover is shocking and they know why, they just refuse to change their ways. Don’t go near them for a job.
  1. Employee reviews