GAME Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear22 January 2018
Overall working at GAME was a good experience. I was able to develop some skills and improve existing ones. The team was always helpful when needed and I was able to quickly learn the role and work efficiently.
Productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow21 January 2018
A very fun place to work with flexible hours
paid monthly
wide range of different staff members
great perks of digital products
casual clothing, very comfortable when working
Enjoyed public service but lacked care within the company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire20 January 2018
Working at GAME was a fantastic experience, a new day everyday.
During my time there I was appointed many different jobs including cleaning, serving and remerchandising. When my manager had left it all went downhill from there. We would not be sent any other managers from other stores to cover and when we did he had many different policies and opinions. Eventually I felt victimised and pushed out of my role
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Head Office
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Torquay20 January 2018
I enjoyed working at GAME because it was a fun atmosphere to work in and the people were friendly and welcoming. I also discovered here that I have an aptitude for sales.
Fantastic place
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs15 January 2018
Great place to work, great team attitude and great benefits to working there. Everyone is friendly and easy to work with in my experience. Any issues with anything and they are sorted very quickly.
Pros
discounts, can work with you on hours you can/cant do
Cons
VERY busy on black friday.
depending in location
sales (Former Employee) –  uk15 January 2018
hard to progress very abusive staff racist management if your not in the click you'll be shut out to feel like an outsider you will take the fall for others who under perform management will cheat the way to meet targets
working for the company
Operations assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke12 January 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. Fun and exciting place to work, fantastic benefits and discount and reasonable hours. Day to day tasks were never the same.
Pros
fantastic benefits
The teams make the job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  England10 January 2018
The teams on the ground in store make the job a fantastic and engaging place to work. The only trouble is how unattached the head of the business is from the body.
Pros
Discount, Staff, Flexible hours
Cons
Small contracts, very reactionary, low pay
Enjoyable work environment
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverness9 January 2018
My two years spent temping at GAME during the Christmas periods were thoroughly enjoyable. My managers were very friendly, as were my co-workers. Seeing as I had a common ground (gaming) with the customers and my co-workers I was able to make friends and enjoy communicating with everyone there.
Fun and worthwile
Seasonal Temp (Former Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire8 January 2018
As I only worked as a seasonal temp it was worthwhile working here as they accepted me regardless. Day-to-day work consisted of telling people about games and why you'd recommend it. The workload was distributed fairly and it was a fun environment to work in.
Pros
Discounts on the games
Cons
Nothing really
Enjoyable work environment ruined by poor pay and unrealistic expectations
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Leigh8 January 2018
Pay for sales is minimum allowed and scales horribly as you work up the store team as the demands on your time increase drastically. Frequently expected to work in your own time with no compensation. New initialtives are launch with no clear direction. Policie and procedures change on a beat and with no clear indication to what is new.

Employee benefits regarding discount are neglibible as better prices can be found within seconds online. Games can be borrowed but at the threat of disciplinary upto dismissal if you are late to return them.

The working day is very varied which would be good if they gave store teams enough hours to complete task. As it is you are frequently tasked with so much work if you get a slightly busier than normal day you stand no chance to complete work to a reasonable standard and look after your customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job i the people you work with and the media you are working with.

Hardest part of the job is trying to meet unrealistic sales target with zero invecntive to do so
Pros
You are selling games and ineracting daily with gamers. Great if you like games
Cons
Low pay, frequently expected to work unpaid over hours
Staking box
Stacking boxs (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire5 January 2018
That good reviews because you can help people on learn more stuff what you didn't know and you can donly stuff if they donthink know how to do it so you can step in to help.
Ok for a quick go between
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames28 December 2017
The managment are sadly like most retail in that they focus more on KPI's and sales then their staff. The pay is not amazing and the hours can be bad. Management are not good at ensuring proper breaks are given.
Fun to work at
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire19 December 2017
This job was a good job it helped me learn how to speak to customers and how to use the tills I did have bad days and I did have good days I had fun working there
Pros
Half price on games
Cons
Good
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Witney, Oxfordshire13 December 2017
It was for work experience so I don't have the best idea on how to review it fairly, as I only worked there for a week. However, the staff there was cool and was fun to work with.
Pros
Retail Experience
Cons
Not being able to work at the till
Closed but great place
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex6 December 2017
Madisons had closed now. But for the time it was open it was a great bar to run. Friendly locals and fisherman. Late nights with locals. Great place for fun and to meet new friends. Food was incredible! Hats off the chefs!
Pros
Free food
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work but long hours as standard
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex2 December 2017
Job for the younger folk. Must love games to work here. Early starts and late finishes continually. Despite this, the stress levels don't go too high, as the main tasking is based around service and sales, as opppsed to numerous merchandising or pricing tasks
Pros
Fun product to sell
Cons
Fun and productive environment.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 November 2017
Before I started work here I had no experience in sales and I was provided the training. I was also provided with customer care as well. I learned how to manage a till and the most enjoyable part of it was that I had a passion for games and it really boosted my sales potential as I had previous experience with gaming.
Rewarding place to work with a great team culture
Resourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire16 November 2017
I have been working at Game for 3 months now. I have found the induction, company and culture really refreshing. Everyone has been very welcoming and engaging.

We are now entering our peak period, but you can see the teams coming together to ensure our customers are at the heart of our business.

The head office in Basingstoke is AMAZING... onsite Bistro, car parking, relaxed office environment
Christmas temp.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston8 November 2017
I was only a Christmas temp for game but Indeed requires a review so I'll say what I can about when I worked there.

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming as it was my first job. was room for extra shifts if you asked for it.

They were very patient and helpful as it was my first job so they showed me the ropes.

overall a great experience.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
Lots of down time.