GAIL's Bakery

GAIL's Bakery Employee Reviews

United Kingdom76 reviews
Hello early morning
Normally getting up at 4am, but rush in the morning for coffee. Good stamp scheme with customers but depending on location some nice customers and some quite entitled customers which was never helpful to staff.
Great quick food and drink business
Gail's offering of food and drink on the go or for a quick sit down is top quality. However, in my opinion- employing those who have the ability to function within a team and as a unit would go a long way in being a more productive workforce
Högt tempo men oklar ledning
Ledningen skulle sätta mig igenom deras baristakurs inom ett par veckor från start, men gjorde inte det under de 3 månader jag jobbade där. Därför lärde jag mig att inte ta allt ledningen säger för givet. Utan deras baristakurs fick jag inte de pengar jag erbjöds vid intervjun, eftersom jag var på papper inte registrerad som barista i deras system.
Very bad management
Gail's need to employ good managers. Most of time managers treat employee very bad. They don't t know how to do customer service. They need good training
Poor poor management
Gail’s Bakery (Putney) was one of the most chaotic places I have ever worked. The manager was never there and when she was, she was incompetent and lazy. They expect too much from team members and baristas, the bare minimum from the management. She wasn’t even required to... be there.
Pros
good coffee training
Worst Workplace Ever, Avoid
absolute worst company to work for. the work culture is toxic and management competitive and insecure rather than supportive. everyone is blaming someone else for their incompetence. staff turnover is worse than I have ever seen in my life. The pay is s***, and the hours are very long and absurd. if you want to grow in a stable progressive company, look somewhere else!
Learning Experience
Working for Gail’s Bakery wasn’t my best experience in my career. This company is expanding massively, however there is a lot of people who doesn’t know what are they doing. The company culture is toxic, and pushes people away. I should of trusted the feedback and comments before i joined them.
Don’t apply
I worked there for about a year and all I learned was to know that if you’re not a manager friend, they will give you as much **** as possible with the worst shifts and putting all the responsibility on you. So basically they will base the rota and responsibilities according to their necessity and friendships they got there, giving you the worst ever.
Avoid! Not worth
To be avoided!
You get paid the minimum wage and you work no stop! It is super busy and when it is not you have to do deep cleaning, restocking ecc. if you smoke forgot about having a cigarette during your shift. You only get 20 mins of break even if you are working 10-12 hours.

There is no organisations and managers/ assistant managers do not do anything apart from complaining about company

apart from complaining about the company. Team menbers have to dò everything
dont waste your time here
absolute worst company to work for. the work culture is toxic and management competitive and insecure rather than supportive. everyone is blaming someone else for their incompetence. staff turnover is worse than I have ever seen in my life. if you want to grow in a stable progressive company, look somewhere else!
Please listen to the reviews
I ignored the reviews and the previous staff about how terrible Gail's was. Gail's Temple fortunes has one of the poorest management. Your directors/managment demand way too much from staff who are overworked. You pay low. You staff are poorly trained. Management are incompetent.
Stressful
Worked here over the summer was very stressful and customers are very rude. Helped open the shop and had to have a lot of training to learn knowledge about the products and how everything is made
Its a good place to work
The interview was very easy and was offered to start the next week. They didn't offer me much training or shadowing in my first few weeks. The working hours was good and usually finished before 9pm.
Happy place
Wonderful small family at Gail's. Love the vibe and the people I work with. It's a lovely place altogether with our manager always ready to listen and help us out.
fun workplace
nice job to work in as a starter and to grow your skills and grow as a person to progress into other ventures you decide you want to continue your life in.
Avoid unless you have no choice.
One of the worst things about working there I think is the management team. Not only they can't communicate appropriately (from the shouting you feel stressed) but also they don't have proffecional manners and are not compitent for their jobs.
Worst management team
Overall pretty bad, the management it’s the rovine of the Company. Staff underpaid, no life balance as you need to work closing, opening and expect to do long hours due staff does not turn up regularly at work. Be ready to work 50 hours for a minimal wage.
Void this Company, better opportunity out there.
Bad Area Management Low pau
Area Managers very dodgy! Would conspire to get staff out to be replaced by friends! Paid really low wages and demand your soul in return, yes they have good training and development and the culture for social aspect is good, but finer details like bad middle management destroys that benefit!
Pros
Training, free food
Cons
Middle management
Staff treated poorly
Pays not great. And employees expected to work at any store across London at the drop of a hat. You get to work with fresh ingredients which is nice. Also they tend to have very good chefs and bakers usually, although it's a high turn over. So they dont stick round for long.
draining.
Fast paced but a draining job with non consistent hours. Free lunch with 1 free cooked breakfast per week so 1 pro but con is just it's incredibly draining.
Horrible and not worth it
Management was horrible, lied about being able to pay you when you leave the job. Waited a month and still the manager has done nothing to hep me with being paid or enquires in general. I had to find out with a lot of research and my friend's (who currently still works there) help to contact the head office just to be told i would not be getting paid because of false information... I would like to advise that everyone should not work at gaisl at all! The most enjoyable was the people working with you, you meet some good people but for me it was just all bad people, they dont care about your needs and it feels like you have to beg them to listen to you. Its a hard working face paced place with little help unless youre the manager of course then everyone helps you - they give you the jobs that they dont want to do like washing up or sweeping. I am glad ive left. 5 people have eft so far from my shop, im happy to be the 5th. get out of there whist you still can!!!!!!!

Even when i worked really hard there - no thank you's or please. Treated like slaves,
Comment – 1 October 2019
We are sorry to learn about your experience in GAIL's. Please get in touch with us at gailspeople@gailsbread.co.uk if you would like to discuss this further.