GP Strategies Employee Reviews

Great work home life balance but only plus point
Senior Training Coordinator for HSBC (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands1 June 2018
There are no career progression within the company and generally promotions aren't looked at by merit. More like brown nosing and being there at the right place at the right time.
Personal development and training is lacking and salary is quite poor.

Also negative point is maternity pay. They only pay 90% of your salary for the first 2 months then its nothing after.

The only good thing is that they are flexible when it comes to working from home.
Used to be great, now awful
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bredbury28 January 2018
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the flip-flop of management decisions, poor forward planning and the blame culture that has risen. A few people have since quit because of the amount of pressure they are under and the blame they get for things not getting done even when they have worked long hours and days to try to get everything done.

Most enjoyable part is a couple of the people there, they make going into work less daunting although I cannot see them staying.

It used to be a fun atmosphere where there was something different everyday to investigate and troubleshoot, now, poor recruitment choices mean that most of the time is spent correcting other people's mistakes or helping them do basic tasks.
Pros
Work From Home, Flexi time
Cons
Lack of leadership, blame culture
Enjoyable job with relaxed atmosphere.
Construction Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire29 October 2017
A nice enjoyable job, within a company, that had bought us out, and had no real concept, of what we were actually doing, within our branch.
We taught basic construction skills, and enable canditaes, to acheive the certificates needed, to work on a construction site.. Most of our clients were lomg term unemployed, or on parole.
Great place to work, fun and lovely people
Account Manager/Learner Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire29 May 2017
Great people, great company, given independence to get the job done. Target driven as with any job, as long as you are delivering the results, no problems.
Range of accounts
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire18 May 2017
GP Strategies provide the opportunity to work on a range of accounts covering many different sectors.There are opportunities to work from home in some roles.
Opportunity given
Assessor (Current Employee) –  England14 April 2017
The job is what you make it. If you're organised and on top of it then you'll love it and have your weekends off.You hit the ground running in this job but training is always there you just have to ask!
Pros
Book visits when you want and more holiday I've had in any job ever
Cons
Can be tiring with the driving
Terrible place to work.
Learner recruitment consultant (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham25 November 2016
No training given and direct management were lazy. No engagement with staff apart from being told you've not done well enough (with unrealistic targets). Threatend constantly with job loss and made tonfeel like a number. All staff were unhappy.
NVQ selling
Learner Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brombough, wiiiral23 November 2016
selling government funded NVQ's to companies then branching out to placing apprentices in to work places, the company then moved into foundation learning for 16-18 year olds. This is where I flushed and became regional marketing coordinator in this area
Poor Company with no ambition who put immense pressure on staff
Tutor/ Teacher (Former Employee) –  Blackpool15 January 2016
I worked as Tutor for this company from 2009 to 2014. During the Beneast days I would of highly recommended this company. However when the company was taken over 2012/2013 by GP Strategies.
Then mass redundancies and a company who new nothing about what they were doing took over. Pressure from senior management to hit targets in employability and qualifications that learners are never going to achieve.
The college is based on the outskirts of Blackpool and this also makes it difficult to send learners too.
I remember once being in a meeting with a senior manager where the senior manager tried to get me to get other teachers and staff into trouble by "snitching" on them.
Also a manager higher than this telling all staff around the table that if you don't like the job then "leave".
From a company that was highly in profit under Beneast to a company that has no idea what it is doing.
Working for this company will seriously affect your career and your mental health.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Poor Management - Bully Boy Tactics
Fun, Beneficial and decent salary.
sales team leader (Former Employee) –  Halifax5 January 2016
I loved my job working at GP strategies as i was the leader of a small call center, but unfortunately i was made redundant.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
staff morale
A great company and reputation
Implementation Consultant - SuccessFactors (Current Employee) –  Home Based31 July 2015
This company is the best I've worked for in terms of trust, work/life balance and personal growth. I have the best Manager and fantastic work colleagues.
Pros
Work Flexibility
Cons
For me, no UK office base
friendly
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stockport13 August 2014
At GP Strategies I was only their for help to find a job. And then someone suggested that I did some work experience whilst I was there on reception. My typical day would to be sorting out the ingoing and outgoing post, photocopying, filling forms out on the computer and keeping the store room tidy. I worked alongside a very friendly women who taught me very well and was very helpful. Overall I enjoyed my work experience at GP Strategies a lot.
Pros
long lunches
productive
Student (Current Employee) –  Halifax, ENG12 June 2014
Good college. Really kind and polite tutors all have your best interests at heart.
good company
Learner Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  yorkshire region8 June 2014
national training provider, good company to work for with lots of training available.
Great place to work with a great team and atmosphere
Learning for Work Tutor (Current Employee) –  Halifax20 February 2014
Really fast and full on but left to use your own initiative.

I have learned a great deal about funding and learning processes while working at GP Strategies.

My manager is in one word amazing.

The team are great and very supportive.

There is an awful lot of administration to the job, but I do feel you would face this in every job.

Watching young people progress into apprenticeships.
Pros
Free parking
Efficient , focussed company
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Burton29 October 2013
Representing GP Strategies you work on behalf of client, ensuring works are completed to program and to cost.
Pros
Most if not all 'out of pocket' expenses are covered.
Cons
Can work at weekends
Productive and interesting/challenging work
Repair and Overhaul Engineer (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, ENG11 October 2013
I found them to be extremely professional and I learnt a great deal during the period I was employed by them.
Pros
Flexible Company