GP Strategies Employee Reviews

Take note of the reviews
Assessor/Skills Coach (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom7 May 2019
The pressure for assessors is immense, targets not realistic, newer staff get paid more that existing staff with no hope of pay rise. I only have a reasonable balance of home and work due to the fact i refuse to work outside office hours, as we DO NOT get paid for overtime. However, this makes my work fall behind and I have been screamed at for not doing this and told IT IS EXPECTED that I work in my own time. We are expected to travel 600 mile round trips in same day. This company is not practising what it preaches and should be investigated for its malpractice, bullying and demoralising culture.
Pros
finding it hard to think of any
Cons
long unpaid hours, demoralising management
Poor
staff (Former Employee) –  Bodmin1 April 2019
I was bored - i didn't have anything to do. Hardest part for me was the wage was super poor. I didn't learn much at all. Nothing was ready when i started.
Do not work here
Skills Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire7 March 2019
This seemed like my dream job, until I started. On my first day the staff didn’t even know I was starting as it had not been communicated by head office to my branch. Management only care about targets, I felt bullied and marginalised. No support given and unrealistic targets to meet yet it solely the employees fault. This company are just happy to sack whoever and whenever, their is no job security.
Good experience
Skills Tutor (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London16 February 2019
I have learnt a lot since working within this organisation, I do feel that I have not been given the opportunity to develop and have done a lot of self development independently. I have learnt to use the e-track system as well as assessing different types of qualifications, as well as the different ways assessments can be done.

I feel that with the challenges that I have faced has prepared me with better self management, I don't feel that opportunities are given for progression and this is not discussed.

As an assessor we look after the learners and try to meet their individual needs and abilities, I feel that this is a positive aspect of the organisation, but the pressure that is expected of the assessor can be overwhelming with not much appreciation, when targets or challenges have been met.

The best part of the job is completing the learners and handing out their certificates.
Cons
Tend to work 7 days a week to keep up to date with paper work
Office
Media and marketing (Former Employee) –  Stockport22 January 2019
Working here is as someone might imagine is a typical office environment.

The management team was a great team who kept pushing and being supportive throughout

But the Admin team were lacking in positivity and good attitudes; certain staff would exclude others from conversation and comment on things that were irrelevant to the end product.

Management helped a lot in the direction I was headed. I did not finish my apprenticeship course and felt as though my apprenticeship was lacking in CLEAR guidance and it struggled to keep myself interested in subjects.
At the start, I was provided with a welcome manual. After my managers would give me random tasks to do things and create things yet it wasn't until 3 months into the job that I got to speak to a careers person about my role within the apprenticeship and with the company, i was given a tick list and filled most of it out with the things I was able to do, I was told to hold on a short while as they tried to get me onto a higher level course. At which time I didn't have a straight forward plan as to what I would be doing in my apprenticeship. I was instead moved around different desks through the office as staff started, resigned and went off on maternity leave.
Pros
professional attitudes by the management.
Cons
unprofessional attitudes of the admin team.
Low salary but good work/life balance
Learning (Former Employee) –  Home Based25 September 2018
You will likely be client based. You get to work with some really big companies which is good for experience.

Very low salary and poor yearly reviews and bonuses. Good work life balance as most people can work from home so this may make up for the poor salary depending what is more important to you. You may end up working longer hours at times though.

Definitely has places to go within the company but you move up levels with little to no salary increase which makes you wonder if it is worth it.

Management are pretty good, no micro-management, they trust you to get on with it as long as you are good at it.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Low salary, bad payrises and low bonuses
Awful company who will deflate your love for training
Assessor (Former Employee) –  UK13 September 2018
I worked for this company a year and a half, after being in the training world for 8 years.
The Vice President runs the company in an ethos of bullying, naming and shaming and constant threat of you losing your job. My case load of learners hit over 90, so regardless of how organised you are, the job was impossible.
Management only succeed if they agree to be the VP’s mini me. Management do not fight or stand up for their team and instead, just like the VP, work on the basis of who is thier favourite.
Pros
Cons
Awful pay. Awful management
Worst company ever
Learner Recruiter (Former Employee) –  UK13 August 2018
Non Existing training considering this company is a training provider, the VP is a discriminative bigot, who has no communication skills, treated like a number with unrealistic targets, archaic management team who don't like it when you smile
Pros
Cons
Worst Company Ever
Review
Business Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire4 June 2018
In my short time here at GP I have enjoyed working here and developing my skills. I have targets that are achievable and with the support of the management will exceed in this role.
Great work home life balance but only plus point
Senior Training Coordinator for HSBC (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands1 June 2018
There are no career progression within the company and generally promotions aren't looked at by merit. More like brown nosing and being there at the right place at the right time.
Personal development and training is lacking and salary is quite poor.

Also negative point is maternity pay. They only pay 90% of your salary for the first 2 months then its nothing after.

The only good thing is that they are flexible when it comes to working from home.
Do not do it!
Assessor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester26 April 2018
Horrible culture from the top down. Use and abuse is their unofficial motto. Local staff are nice and friendly however, it doesn't cover or make up for the lack of good leadership.

My recommendation would be to find alternatives unless desperate. They will lure with false promises and fire with reckless abandonment.

VP is on a power trip and relishes letting people go by boasting to everyone in group meetings after they have gone.

Just don't do it if you can help it!
Pros
Nice local staff
Cons
Everything else
Decent company to work for.
Technical Author, Intergrated Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Yeovil4 February 2018
Workplace is pretty good. Personnel are all professional but do not take themselves to seriously. Management could be better as micromanaging does exist. Traing was provided when I initially joined but there is no consistency or syllabus to work from, so it's down to whoever gets asked to train you. Hardest part of the job is working without any real feedback as to how well your doing, apart from being told when you have made an error, and the I.T that we have to use is in desperate need of an upgrade. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships between the authors. We all enjoy each other company. My only realcomplaint is the amount we are paid. For the capabilty that we all bring the £ per hour is probably between £5 - £10 lower than the average, however this is offset but the length of the contract (2.5 year rolling so far with enoughwork for the next 3)
Pros
Long term contract
Cons
I.T and pay
Used to be great, now awful
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bredbury28 January 2018
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the flip-flop of management decisions, poor forward planning and the blame culture that has risen. A few people have since quit because of the amount of pressure they are under and the blame they get for things not getting done even when they have worked long hours and days to try to get everything done.

Most enjoyable part is a couple of the people there, they make going into work less daunting although I cannot see them staying.

It used to be a fun atmosphere where there was something different everyday to investigate and troubleshoot, now, poor recruitment choices mean that most of the time is spent correcting other people's mistakes or helping them do basic tasks.
Pros
Work From Home, Flexi time
Cons
Lack of leadership, blame culture
Enjoyable job with relaxed atmosphere.
Construction Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire29 October 2017
A nice enjoyable job, within a company, that had bought us out, and had no real concept, of what we were actually doing, within our branch.
We taught basic construction skills, and enable canditaes, to acheive the certificates needed, to work on a construction site.. Most of our clients were lomg term unemployed, or on parole.
Hard work but great team.
Assessor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  North West24 July 2017
Great local team to work with.
Unfortunately the targets and expectations were not the best and realistic.
Good to work for if you are an independent worker and can manage yourself well, but if you require managing/ guidance then maybe this is not the job for you.
Qualifications are useful and they do support new employees to complete them to help with their job roles. This being said the pressures of the roles on the existing staff can make it hard for them to support the newer members of the team.
High caseloads too can prove difficult for people to work effectively and deal with their workloads to the best of their abilities.
Great team communication though and the staff are a good group, socialising outside of work and understanding the pressures each other are under.
Pros
Great local staff team
Cons
High caseloads and expectations
Great place to work, fun and lovely people
Account Manager/Learner Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire29 May 2017
Great people, great company, given independence to get the job done. Target driven as with any job, as long as you are delivering the results, no problems.
Range of accounts
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire18 May 2017
GP Strategies provide the opportunity to work on a range of accounts covering many different sectors.There are opportunities to work from home in some roles.
Opportunity given
Assessor (Current Employee) –  England14 April 2017
The job is what you make it. If you're organised and on top of it then you'll love it and have your weekends off.You hit the ground running in this job but training is always there you just have to ask!
Pros
Book visits when you want and more holiday I've had in any job ever
Cons
Can be tiring with the driving
course
Course (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow16 January 2017
I really liked it but I wanted to stay more but I got kicked of. the enjoyable was that I got on with the people in my course it was really fun. The tutor was really nice and she never took any rubbish of anyone at all to be honest. I learned to be a better person for myself.
Terrible place to work.
Learner recruitment consultant (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham25 November 2016
No training given and direct management were lazy. No engagement with staff apart from being told you've not done well enough (with unrealistic targets). Threatend constantly with job loss and made tonfeel like a number. All staff were unhappy.