GP Strategies

GP Strategies Employee Reviews

United Kingdom46 reviews
busy but collaborative environment
no 2 days the same

very little in the way of training/development, but plenty of career opportunities

most UK positions now being moved to offshore to save costs
No support, or direction, promised a 1:1 within first few weeks, never happened, didn't get an official 3 month probation review either. No communication, had 2 bosses who have been at GP since Noah's Ark was built so no other experience working for other people and set in their institutional ways!!!! These bosses were also bullies and lazy. Only got to hear from them when the client was asking questions as to why some things weren't happening 6 months after the contract started with this client (before I was employed by GP), then asking myself why, sorry but wasn't employed then, I'm good but not that good :)
Pros
Leaving
Cons
The whole experience
Management unprofessional and not understanding when need time off, cnt work certain hours etc. Shifts all over the place. False promises in interview. Only lasted a few month. Worked for 4 care companies and this is by far the worst.
Cons
Whilst I thought changes in service provision and training requirements and a lack of management around these were the reason the workplace was steadily declining, I have come to realise that it is the very essence of the company itself slipping through the cracks and myself becoming more and more aware of it that is the real problem. In this company, there is a blame culture that permeates everything you do, there will always be someone to blame and it is usually the people on the bottom of the pile. Waste rolls down hill here. Senior management is a joke and integrity is a foreign word to them.

If the awarding body looked through files, on even a surface level, they would find so much poor practice. The IQA process is laughable, though some individual IQAs are wonderful, they are working against the system. Second line assessing is not just accepted but expected and there is no process to question it. IQAs do not have the usual role of knowing where every learner is with their diploma/standards etc, and supporting assessors with their caseload but rather a reactive approach. No start or mid IV's completed, only end ones and it is their job to find actions, no matter what you do. If they do not find actions, GPSAS, the sister EPA company of GP Strategies, will find them regardless.

I have had a caseload well into the triple digits and been threatened with disciplinary action due to not being up to date with uploading. For a company that claims to be going paper-free, the amount of paperwork is astronomical. There is no focus on the teaching and learning aspects of the
 - more...
Pros
None that you couldn't get elsewhere
Cons
Everything.
Working for this company was the worse career move in my life and the certificate for teaching does not mean anything whatsoever to other companies due to the work experience. The training is the appalling! They do not show you the systems properly etc. For the money, they give you a case load of 70+ and expect all the learners to be up to date and companies do what they say?! The management have no idea what they are doing and the man in director is the biggest bully since Donald trump!
Global company heavily influenced from US parent company aspect.
Needs Better progression structure and internal performance management process to support talent Development.
Company do not value staff, bullying tactics are used and ignored when suits, underhand delivery, not at all honest company, if the funding agency delved deep enough, they would find a lot of forgery which management are aware of and are good at denying. Treat everyone like a number not a person, hire and fire and do not look at the real areas of issue which is senior management.
Too much expected, over worked,stressed and just expected to deal with it,too much emphasis on recruiting new learners and not enough time spent with learners already recruited.
No work/life balance. Too much pressure and the pay doesn't reflect the work done. MD is bullying in all honesty and staff are constantly belittled and made to fear for their jobs.
Loved my work here but management closed sales section down
I was responsible as part of a team making 100 calls a day to generate new business , selling the benefits of staff being signed up to nvq and making appts for assessors togo out and sign companies up
Senior management poor, spend a lot of time blaming others for there problems and short comings. Always a negative. Line managers/ IQA’s in the main very good and helpful . Wages poor considering what you can get elsewhere
GP strategies is a leading company in L&D. Working with various clients, keen to use new methodology and tools. Everyday is varied with new challenges.
This employer only works if your face fits. It is very cliquey and the only people that get promoted are those that have been there for some time.
Promotions are offered, and new roles are seldom advertised.
I was bored - i didn't have anything to do. Hardest part for me was the wage was super poor. I didn't learn much at all. Nothing was ready when i started.
This seemed like my dream job, until I started. On my first day the staff didn’t even know I was starting as it had not been communicated by head office to my branch. Management only care about targets, I felt bullied and marginalised. No support given and unrealistic targets to meet yet it solely the employees fault. This company are just happy to sack whoever and whenever, their is no job security.
Cons
I have learnt a lot since working within this organisation, I do feel that I have not been given the opportunity to develop and have done a lot of self development independently. I have learnt to use the e-track system as well as assessing different types of qualifications, as well as the different ways assessments can be done.

I feel that with the challenges that I have faced has prepared me with better self management, I don't feel that opportunities are given for progression and this is not discussed.

As an assessor we look after the learners and try to meet their individual needs and abilities, I feel that this is a positive aspect of the organisation, but the pressure that is expected of the assessor can be overwhelming with not much appreciation, when targets or challenges have been met.

The best part of the job is completing the learners and handing out their certificates.
Cons
Tend to work 7 days a week to keep up to date with paper work
Working here is as someone might imagine is a typical office environment.

The management team was a great team who kept pushing and being supportive throughout

But the Admin team were lacking in positivity and good attitudes; certain staff would exclude others from conversation and comment on things that were irrelevant to the end product.

Management helped a lot in the direction I was headed. I did not finish my apprenticeship course and felt as though my apprenticeship was lacking in CLEAR guidance and it struggled to keep myself interested in subjects.

At the start, I was provided with a welcome manual. After my managers would give me random tasks to do things and create things yet it wasn't until 3 months into the job that I got to speak to a careers person about my role within the apprenticeship and with the company, i was given a tick list and filled most of it out with the things I was able to do, I was told to hold on a short while as they tried to get me onto a higher level course. At which time I didn't have a straight forward plan as to what I would be doing in my apprenticeship. I was instead moved around different desks through the office as staff started, resigned and went off on maternity leave.
Pros
professional attitudes by the management.
Cons
unprofessional attitudes of the admin team.
You will likely be client based. You get to work with some really big companies which is good for experience.

Very low salary and poor yearly reviews and bonuses. Good work life balance as most people can work from home so this may make up for the poor salary depending what is more important to you. You may end up working longer hours at times though.

Definitely has places to go within the company but you move up levels with little to no salary increase which makes you wonder if it is worth it.

Management are pretty good, no micro-management, they trust you to get on with it as long as you are good at it.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Low salary, bad payrises and low bonuses
I worked for this company a year and a half, after being in the training world for 8 years.
The Vice President runs the company in an ethos of bullying, naming and shaming and constant threat of you losing your job. My case load of learners hit over 90, so regardless of how organised you are, the job was impossible.

Management only succeed if they agree to be the VP’s mini me. Management do not fight or stand up for their team and instead, just like the VP, work on the basis of who is thier favourite.
Pros
Cons
Awful pay. Awful management
Non Existing training considering this company is a training provider, the VP is a discriminative bigot, who has no communication skills, treated like a number with unrealistic targets, archaic management team who don't like it when you smile
Pros
Cons
Worst Company Ever
In my short time here at GP I have enjoyed working here and developing my skills. I have targets that are achievable and with the support of the management will exceed in this role.