G8 Education Employee Reviews

Amazing company to work for!
Assistant Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 September 2019
I have worked with G8 Education for 7 years now and have had an amazing experience with them.

Starting out as an Assistant Educator, Lead Educator and now Assistant Centre Manager.

The best thing about working for G8 Education would have to be the team experiences and advancement opportunities.

I 100% believe you would love to be employed with G8 Education!
Poor management and non-friendly staff
Lead Educator (Former Employee) –  Ormond VIC3 August 2019
When I entered at Ormond Kinder Haven as a casual, I was constantly being bullied by some educators. Even though I proved my worth and secured my position as a room leader, the management then hardly cooperated with my everyday work. This is the worst place I have ever worked!
Pros
Regular workshops by expertise
Cons
Non-friendly staffs, poor management team, bullying
Not a good place for casual educators
Casual educator (Current Employee) –  Narre Warren South VIC26 July 2019
I am working in Community Kids Narre Warren Center as a casual educator. I work there for 2-3 days per week. I am not comfortable when I work with some permanent staff as they always laugh at me and talk behind my back. There is a cert 3 educator in pre-toddler room, she always demands me to do cleaning work. One day she told me that casuals should work more because casuals are paid more and threatened me to do 2 nappy rounds. She does nothing in the room except ordering other staff members to do this and that. I hate this room because of this educator. Some of the educators in this center are good at bullying. I hate to work there.
G8 Education penguin childcare Caroline Spring
parent (Current Employee) –  Caroline Springs VIC24 June 2019
This is a money making factory. Plain and simple. The children's education and welfare does not take priority above this. One example educator getting bully by other educator and management not address the complied , why because management is friends with the educator who has been bully 50% of the service and nothing was done everything is cover . They will not hesitate to be rude, demeaning, cut your shifts etc should you not follow every demand made by them.
Do not be fooled, there is no education happening here, just bells and whistles. Avoid like the plague. But is ok two sister working together as management in the office and is full time position for both them . 2ic left because g8 education couldn't afford to have to person in the office but one she left the offer full time position to her relative how that is ok . And yes is true you not need to person to run the service one is enough . Also having family member working together that cause issues with other educator why because in this service the both sister always are taking holiday together 3 time are year how this is allow ,??? Also is not looking good in front for the families in the service having management always away in holiday and not management went they need them i believe if the both want to work as management and take family vacation they need to be working in other service separated for each other and then they can have all the holiday they want.
Also is a poor respect for culture in this service and i know g8 education have many complied but nothing has been done . Has high staff turnover rate,
  more... increased amount of paperwork, low budget for resources and staff as well. They always think of cost cutting measures therefore they employ inexperienced staff.
I will never recommend this place to any one
Not a good place to work at all
Assiatant educator (Current Employee) –  Bayswater North VIC5 May 2019
I've been working for G8 for over 2 years now and I've lost so much of my passion for the childcare industry. All the company cares about is money and not at all about it's staff or children. Our centre is so run down, we have mould in the bathrooms and cracked tiles, the tiles are slippery but we were told we "don't need a new bathroom". We've been waiting on shade sails for 3 years with no luck, we keep getting knocked back even though we have no shade in our outdoor area so in summer if it's above 27° we can't take the children outside. Absolutely do not work for this company and do not send your children here. The staff I work with are all lovely, but upper management and the company itself are horrible.
Pros
Absolutely none.
Cons
Money hungry, dont care abour safety, or education of children.
Support Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD24 March 2019
So grateful to be apart of a team of passionate and dedicated people who are collectively working to improve early educational outcomes for Australian children
Pros
Career advancement, employee benefits, flexibility
Fantastic
Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD19 March 2019
Love the managers inducion
We love the in house training
Ect that are shared with all in Australia
Area managers that share ect is great and very informative
We love the pay rate
Pros
Lovely culture of care and share
Cons
Nill
Respectful
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  NSW19 March 2019
Awesome company to work for. Brilliant rewards program for all staff members. Fantastic opportunities to progress your career further. Have worked with G8 for over 5 years.
Big Company, Big Ideas
Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Shepparton VIC18 March 2019
The benefits working for G8 Education definitely outweigh the bad. Large company support with department knowledge to help you achieve those tasks that can be overwhelming as an individual. I like that the company has big ideas and strives to improve for the children we educate.
Pros
Specialised department support
Cons
Wide spread company, working on feeling connected
The place to be
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Support office18 March 2019
Amazing opportunities to grow and advance passionate people t make a difference in ECEC.
In a changing climate of early childhood; you are supported to deliver effective leadership and quality education and care to shape generations now and next. People and culture is a big focus for us.
Pros
Great network to learn and grow
Great people
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria18 March 2019
Work with Great people and have endless opportunities to grow. A good work life balance which allows me to enjoy work and spend time with family.....
Supportive and engaging company providing learning and development opportunities
Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Artarmon NSW18 March 2019
Enjoyable, and engaging company with ongoing support and developmental opportunities to further progress my own desired learning and developmental pathways.
Pros
Supportive of environment
Cons
Long hou s
Supportive work environment
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  WA18 March 2019
My work days are never the same they are always fun, fast paced and exciting. I enjoy going to centres to see the amazing opportunities we provide to the families and children. I love seeing educators being able to progress in their careers in the company.
Amazing and supportive company
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth WA18 March 2019
Couldn’t recommend G8 Education enough. Love my role, and the support available. Support Office is fantastic, and all team members are so dedicated and here for our children.
Pros
Support and growth
Cons
I enjoy the people the working with a team of like minded people
People and Culture (Current Employee) –  Varsity Lakes QLD18 March 2019
The team culture and work environment is what I enjoy most. Working with a team of like minded people is extremely motivating and is what I look forward to the most about coming to work.
Pros
Training, career growth
Awesome place to work
Centre manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 March 2019
G8edication is a supportive and inclusive role.G8 and all my managers have supported and helped me succeed further in my career to become a centre manager. The systems and teams are deducated to support their educators and learners in becoming the best they can be.
Pros
Support and growth
Fantastic opportunities
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Surfers Paradise QLD18 March 2019
I am so impressed by the training opportunities provided.
The culture encourages everyone to pursue career building training if desired.
I love the welcome I received on my first day.
Pros
Training, career growth
Growth And learning experience
Centre manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 March 2019
It’s been great experience for me as the new centre manager. The family and children welcomed me with great hand. It was bit rockie in the beginning learning new personalities, all the technologies and applications involved but slowly it’s improving.
Pros
Great support
Cons
Great AM support and team culture
Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD18 March 2019
G8 Education is a great company to work for. Wonderful learning opportunities for Centre Managers and educators on the floor. Love the opportunities for further studies and setting individual goals . Great networking opportunities and support throughout company.
Pros
Corporate bupa and discounts
Cons
Unrealistic timeframes at times
Positive culture
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Varsity Lakes QLD18 March 2019
Great place to work friendly team and supportive positive culture. Welcoming to new starters and inclusive
Growth opportunities and innovative ideas to support a growing company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G8 Education. Our community is ready to answer.