G8 Education

G8 Education Employee Reviews

Childcare is hard, if you don't have the right team, managers or support it dosnt work, don't put work before your health, it will defeat you. Put your heart and soul into it but don't let it rule you.
Avoid G8 Penrith at all cost! Management and leadership is extremely poor. They reward gossiping and harassment. Wages are bare minimum and you are not given time or resources to fulfil your job requirements. There is no communication from management and you aren’t treated like a person, just a number.
Pros
The children and floor staff
Cons
Spent several years with the company, got promised plenty of opportunities and salary packages. After working as hard as I could do excel in my career I continued to get knocked back and treated like a number.
They put on a front that they are all about professional development and bettering their team and their knowledge but they don't do it at all. You are pressured, to make sure you meet their targets and if you don't goodluck.
I found Working for G8 Education to be a stressful and thankless job. Management expect lots of unpaid overtime in an already underpaid industry. Lots of cutting corners to the benefit of profit at the expense of children, families and employees of the centers.
Don't work there as you do not get treated well.
There are some staff that were nice when I worked there but if there is problems and you talk to the director They don't do anything and head office is the same
All I can say is, profit means everything. Educators and children aren’t a priority. Not enough money invested into services. Too much focus on spending money creating new services rather than taking care of existing ones.
Management very political. Use staff as spies to give them feedback on teachers, principal and centre matters. Very sweet talk, professionally portrayed, behind back stab. Selling brand, very poor in quality
From start of my employment to the finish of it i had enjoyed g8 in my centre very well as they provided great training and support throughout and has awesome benefits as well.
Being a Family Advocate was both exiting and rewarding. I was always excited to meet new family. Rewarding due to helping families see their potiential. The staff member were fun to work with.
Pros
Meeting and helping new families
Cons
Conpesation for work
16 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we are delighted that you have found working at G8 such a positive experience. We’re passionate about providing quality outcomes for our families and our children and it is clear you are too!
Payroll & HR were disgusting to deal with, the area manager didn’t return phone calls to discuss problems within the centre. Dirty centre that they expect staff to clean at the end of the day instead of cleaners doing a centre clean. I don’t recommend working for this company.
5 January 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations. We continually strive to provide a workplace where both our people and children thrive and feel valued, and will take on board your feedback.
Caring staff. Great community of families and staff. Great location. A community park to enjoy before work, after work, or during lunch breaks. Great parking.
23 December 2019
Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear you enjoy working at G8 Education and are enjoying the community and facilities around your centre. With caring team members you will go a long way and that is what we are trying to achieve at G8; providing a supporting centre where you can grow as individuals and as a team.
Headstart was a GREAT way for me to dip my toe back in the workforce. They were really fun to work with and I enjoyed my job immensely. Sadly it was only for a few months and then it was over
23 December 2019
Thank you for your positive review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at one of our Headstart centres. We currently have many opportunities available so please have a look on our website to see if you find something that would suit you. Best of luck.
G8 is a great company to work for. I really enjoy the friendliness of centre managers when they visit the centre. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friends you make with staff and also the partnerships with families and their children.
24 November 2019
i dont have a lot to say about participating with this company at this time, it was meh, WHS need to be much better but other than that, yeah, i dont know
They put a lot of stress and pressure on their Centre Managers. Unless you have an amazing Area Manager you will not be supported. Training is given way to late into starting role. There is a lot of unnecessary paperwork for centre managers which creates a micro managing atmosphere aimed at making money. They are a publicly listed company, so if they are not meeting their promises to share holders prepare to be ball busted even if you are at 100% occupancy.
10 November 2019
Centre Managers do bear a heavy responsibility which is why we encourage all our valued employees to reach out if they are struggling to cope or feel unsupported. The paperwork burden is part and parcel of the child care sector which we accept as part of the efforts to drive quality outcomes for the children who are always our priority. We wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavours.
they don't care about staff or children only profits and don't care if their educators are able to care for children only if they're qualified to the minimum standard.
I have worked with G8 Education for 7 years now and have had an amazing experience with them.

Starting out as an Assistant Educator, Lead Educator and now Assistant Centre Manager.

The best thing about working for G8 Education would have to be the team experiences and advancement opportunities.

I 100% believe you would love to be employed with G8 Education!
When I entered at Ormond Kinder Haven as a casual, I was constantly being bullied by some educators. Even though I proved my worth and secured my position as a room leader, the management then hardly cooperated with my everyday work. This is the worst place I have ever worked!
Pros
Regular workshops by expertise
Cons
Non-friendly staffs, poor management team, bullying
I am working in Community Kids Narre Warren Center as a casual educator. I work there for 2-3 days per week. I am not comfortable when I work with some permanent staff as they always laugh at me and talk behind my back. There is a cert 3 educator in pre-toddler room, she always demands me to do cleaning work. One day she told me that casuals should work more because casuals are paid more and threatened me to do 2 nappy rounds. She does nothing in the room except ordering other staff members to do this and that. I hate this room because of this educator. Some of the educators in this center are good at bullying. I hate to work there.
This is a money making factory. Plain and simple. The children's education and welfare does not take priority above this. One example educator getting bully by other educator and management not address the complied , why because management is friends with the educator who has been bully 50% of the service and nothing was done everything is cover . They will not hesitate to be rude, demeaning, cut your shifts etc should you not follow every demand made by them.
Do not be fooled, there is no education happening here, just bells and whistles. Avoid like the plague. But is ok two sister working together as management in the office and is full time position for both them . 2ic left because g8 education couldn't afford to have to person in the office but one she left the offer full time position to her relative how that is ok . And yes is true you not need to person to run the service one is enough . Also having family member working together that cause issues with other educator why because in this service the both sister always are taking holiday together 3 time are year how this is allow ,??? Also is not looking good in front for the families in the service having management always away in holiday and not management went they need them i believe if the both want to work as management and take family vacation they need to be working in other service separated for each other and then they can have all the holiday they want.

Also is a poor respect for culture in this service and i know g8 education have many complied but nothing has been done . Has high staff turnover rate,
 - more...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at G8 Education. Our community is ready to answer.