G4S Employee Reviews

Poor pay, borderline insulting for the work load that gets piled onto you!
Court Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire25 July 2017
Minimum wage for working in a court with potentially volatile people, people off the street drunk, high, looking for trouble and then we are expected to find time to fill in numerous pages of paperwork, carry out our patrols and other duties, and then end up having to do jobs that should be down to court services but they would rather palm it off onto us than do it themselves.
Use us as handymen when it pleases them because they are too tight to put a job in and have to pay for it!!
Ludicrous workload and hours, for peanuts.
Cant say management is any better either, Barely a concern for anyone's welfare, just protect their own back.
Pros
Guaranteed hours
Cons
long stressful days, peanuts for pay, badly managed by both G4S and the courts, achievable work loads.
Long hours,
Full Time Security (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 July 2017
Undervalued and over worked. Fetch me carry me and your just a contractor do as your told attitude from employer and contract. No advancement in career and if your actually good and attentive in your job be prepared to never move, but if poor you tend to get better sites with more money.
Pros
Close to home
brillant to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Teesside22 July 2017
Brilliant to work for shame the department i worked for closed and made me redundant would go back tomorrow...........................................#
Helpful position
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London19 July 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public being able to liase with people from all walks of life a typical day at work will be signposting customers to the appropriate departments, Safeguarding customers and staff on a daily basis, I have learned a lot working in this role, particularly how to speak to and help an aggressive and or upset customer
Pros
good working hours
Cons
not room for promotion
Very busy & productive day at work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff14 July 2017
Typical day at my current job is to sign into work and get yourself up to date on the days proceedings that we are going to cover. Patrol the back areas and service deck area of the site, then we are to proceed with unit fire tests and make sure each unit has a full fire check. For the rest of the day then we are to patrol the site and deal with deliveries and contractors.

Ive learned a lot since working at my current site, a lot of my learning has been customer service and controlling dealing with customers/incidents. I feel I have progressed a lot with various skills over the years such as CCTV, incident dealings, customer service, delivery enquiries, telephone incidents with clients and many more.

The hardest part of my job I feel there is only one, that is if we have an incident in a shop and there is a small child with the adult we are detaining and I feel there is always that awkwardness then of the small child and what he/she is witnessing.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being in a team and working together and getting through the day and jobs together and part of a team.
Pros
Shop discount
Cons
12 hour shifts
The actual job is great.
ACA (Current Employee) –  Tonbridge13 July 2017
The Company offers no benefits apart from a Pension Scheme. It's the Law....
The job is great, you get to meet people from all walks of life at every stage of life. Good, bad & awful. It's definitely a job that makes you look at life differently.
Pros
3 different shift patterns are available.
Cons
Long hours. No benefits.
Nice bunch of people
Technical Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Midlands13 July 2017
No longer employed at this company so it is unfair for me to be asked to write a current review.
When I was there it was enjoyable and I had many friends.
Pros
Lovely new building, lots of light.
Average
Security Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Leeds13 July 2017
I really enjoy working on the site which i am based, the people are great and the site is one of the best.
I have learned a lot in a small amount of time working at this particular site, i have excelled in confidence and knowledge. The management at my site are supportive and professional. The culture within the work place is very diverse and is very pleasant to work in.
A job is always easy when you enjoy it!
Pros
Reasonable hours, Weekends off.
G4s are the ones
X Security officer (Former Employee) –  Stockton-On-Tees10 July 2017
I have in total worked for 3 Security companies and when your actually working for a certain company you may think the grass is greener on the other side but experience tells me that G4s is the professional company that you want to be working for as all in all, they do look after you as an employee.
Different events
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 July 2017
Working on the event side of g4s. You face a lot of new challenges. Working from football games to concerts and festivals. You meet some great people from all over the United kingdom and you all work together as a team.
Pros
You can enjoy the events
Terrible place to work
Cit cash solutions driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 July 2017
Poor management..rubbish equipment..treated like dirt and expected to work up to 14 hour days if the management say "it's gotta be done"..stay away from g4s cash solutions even if you're on the dole. .it's an awful place to work..morale is currently below 0....
Pros
There's free toilet paper
Cons
Long hours..
Small team
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Waterlooville, Hampshire29 June 2017
We were a small team of credit controllers based away from head office. The team was made redundant at the end of 2014 due to moving the finance function to a shared service centre.
Poor pay for what you do
Area Court Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire28 June 2017
Management is not that great!
If you are a yes man you will get on.
Ever day is the same!
Search people and deal with aggressive and rude people and that's from staff as well as service users
Not worth it for £7.50ph!
Since the minimum wage went up the cleaners are on the same as the CSO's.
Pros
Dayshifts
Cons
Poor management, poor pay
god compannny
security Officer (Former Employee) –  London24 June 2017
A big company with a lot of people not trained enough. God management .the hardest part of the job was i didn't have a fixed site to work. but i enjoyed to work whit them.
poor training skills and people skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex23 June 2017
I get on well with other people like a bit of banter also like learning new things helping others when and where I can also work well in a team can work alone take responsibility for myself hard working
Great job as a student
Safety Steward (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh22 June 2017
Fantastic job. I got to meet some great people and had some brilliant experiences. I gained lots of exposure of working in a busy environment. The management were very helpful and friendly.
Too many issues
Operations Manager (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Hadleigh, Essex21 June 2017
There were too many issues to name, with staff being late, the turnover rate being atrocious, hiring of illegal immigrants to work secure sites and the hiring of underage workers on sites.
Pros
Decent Wage
Cons
Way too many
Great Company
Cash In transit Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Southampton21 June 2017
I loved my time with G4S, and sad I had to leave the company, I had many experience within the company which I feel I will be able to take with me into different companies.
Pros
Qualifications
Very Good Company
(Operations Manager) (DWP Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 June 2017
There very good to work for I can't complain, I would recommend to others seeking work in the security industry, they offer a contract unlike most security companies that only offer zero hour.
Pros
Management Trainee Program
Cons
Not Much
Housekeeper
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester13 June 2017
A typical day at work was busy but managable, supervisors where alway around to tend to any problens if they occured
Work place was friendly
The hardest part of thejob was being on your feet for a long period of time
The most enjoyable part would be seeing the outcome of my work
Pros
Unpaid lunch breaks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.