G4S Employee Reviews

G4s the worst
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North East29 December 2017
The job itself is very easy to get to grips with. (obviously depending on what job you are doing) But G4S are the worst company I've ever worked for. Every policy is designed to rob you of any money/benefits, and all the managers seem to only be invested in your career if it helps themselves.

Countless times I have had to go over my managers head to make sure I paid the correct amount.

Constantly having to cover my own back as if I make one mistake, i pay for it out of my own pocket.
Pros
Cant think of any at the moment
Cons
Too many to list
fun experience
Steward (Former Employee) –  London29 December 2017
it was a fun experience seeing live events for free. Also ensuring that everybody got to and from an event in a safe way. Another aspect of this job that was refreshing was the amount of people who enjoyed the event with no hassle
Good company to start out with they gave me big opportunities working in a vast range of environments from events to Government contracts.
DS security (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 December 2017
I experienced a good working relationship with management & never found it hard to voice concerns & I enjoyed the team I worked with London & outter London.
Pros
Free lunch was some times provided depending on location, if working out of London free lunch breakfast & dinners also travel
Cons
Long hour but goes with the nature of the job
Wages far too low
Full Time Relief Court Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham27 December 2017
Job itself is good,no day is the same,management are good,if i have any work issues they are approachable and helpful. The guards i work with are good people who are friendly and helpful.The main gripe is the hourly rate..far too low for the responsibilities that go with the job !! Hardest part of the job is dealing with kick offs / disputes. I do enjoy meeting people and communicating with people from different backgrounds though.
Pros
Work with some good, experienced guards in the company.
Cons
Hourly rate is poor
g4s
Cash Replenishment and Driver (Former Employee) –  Chester17 December 2017
very good company to work for, i was a cash replenishment officer which involved refilling cash machines throughout north wales and the north west, there is an element of danger to the job.
Pros
salary/training
Cons
danger of attack
Bloxwich is better than most branches! Ive worked for 3 and its an good place to work!
Cash in Valuables Transit Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloxwich, UK16 December 2017
Vans are falling apart and your equipment is old! Apart from that it's a sound place to Work! It's one of the best payed van driving jobs out there! Not to many attacks either! I earned 30k last year!
Pros
Good place to work!
Cons
Its a dying trade
No life
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Scotland15 December 2017
Management no help at all won’t sort out your travelling expenses
When you first start because they don’t want to pay you them
Send you all over the place your just a number
Pros
Cons
Boring job
Ruined a good contract
Prison Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 December 2017
From day 1 of contract G4S were going to fail. They underbid and their structure was impossible. From 12 Area Managers with a number of admin support functions to 5 Regional Managers and most admin supports functions made redundant so work passed to Regional Managers. Worst staff retention I have ever seen at all levels. Has had 8 different Directors within a 6 year period. If you do not nod your head and agree with what you are told you are pushed to leave but on a plus side their HR department are as big a joke as their management, proof being the amount of staff that have received pay outs before tribunal. Was a very good with good colleagues. Unfortunately has been ruined, most staff have now left or been pushed and the staff that are still there show no loyalty to each other due to fear of losing their jobs.
Pros
Mon-Fri
Cons
Fear of whos next
the last company to work with
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  England10 December 2017
Never ever to work with a company found stealing the public money , Ironically been banned by the government to bid for any futures contracts, BUT they been given more contracts after !!!
Never be in this dirty industry managed by corrupted people
Good place to work.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire9 December 2017
Good place to work and nice environment.but is management l don't like it because they don't care.apart from that everything is good I don't have problems with any body.
work place staff
Security Officer (SIA Licence (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2017
staff that arent management are great and friendly, learning alot of face to face with public and clients, hardest part of the job would be to be sitting and doing nothing for hours at a time but also partly enjoyable if you work on your own as it has a relaxed vibe with no tension.
Pros
constant shifts and sometimes a great atmosphere
Cons
pay is too low and job advancment or site exchange not possible witout replacement
It was a good job.
Steward (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 December 2017
It was a good job. The staff were friendly. I was able to chose my own working hours. I had the opportunity to experience a wide range of events in the UK.
Ok as a job but not full of employee benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  England29 November 2017
Ok company but as a service provider, costs are kept at minimum which means employee benefits are low. Large company so opportunity for movement but not guaranteed.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Low staff benefits
Demanding environment
Prison Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire29 November 2017
I have worked for G4S for over 10 years. The company offers a good pension scheme for its employees. Another benefit is the annual leave entitlement.
Unfortunately the hours are unsociable but this is expected working as a prison officer.
It is a challenging environment and can be both physically and mentally damaging.
Pros
Good annual leave entitlement
Cons
Unsociable hours
Potentially Dangerous working enviroment
Area Court Officer (Northamptonshire) (Current Employee) –  Northampton23 November 2017
The Security at a Court are on the sharp end,anyone can walk in through the front door and the potential for violence is always present.You witness people having their Homes or Children or Freedom taken away on a daily basis.
Pros
Dayshifts
Cons
Potentially Dangerous
Good job, poor management
Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow22 November 2017
A typical day in the courts is a 7:40 start, however do not be fooled into thinking there is a finish time. The management (who a lot of the time don't have custodial experience) are so focussed on reducing hours and wages than actually managing people. If you're looking for a workplace with high morale then this isnt the company for you. if however you're looking for no set finish, overtime at a basic rate and to be treated as a number, then apply today!
Pros
Decent Job, good people, interesting job.
Cons
Bad management
Made to feel worthless ,poor manangement
CIT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London22 November 2017
A poorly managed business by individuals who are not trained or qualified to be in the positions they are in.
Staff are treated like cattle at a slaughter house ,your sole value is a big fat zero.
poorly maintained vehicles and equipment,talked down to and be littled, stressed out and pressured to perform above whats expected ..long hours ,very little job satisfaction and no home life.
Pros
Cons
Loads
Long hard hours : but so many enjoyable experiences
Events Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 November 2017
Had so many enjoyable years and events with g4s that have given me a wealth of experience, and I now feel that I need a new challenge. So willing to exert my energies in a new direction
Pros
Shift or day wirk
Cons
Travel
G4s
Senior Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lancashire20 November 2017
G4S as a company are very good your paid on time with no mistakes on your salary but management leave alot to be desired. Management seem to think that you do not have any kind of home life and it appears that you work for them all the time.
Pros
Paid on time and correctly
Cons
Bad management
Think Hard before joining this Company! (Has many divisions).
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton on Tees20 November 2017
Many years in the same job Became G4S and things went down hill fast will make you redundant at the drop of a hat - Profits & Share holders come 1st.
Pros
Free uniform - Above national pay rate.
Cons
Long Hours, Very Poor management structure. No Respect for Staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K