G4S Employee Reviews

Found 1,108 reviews matching the search See all 10,288 reviews
Ok ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London5 August 2018
Great job for keeping active, however; some expectations are too high for operatives.

Planning from Management Team is very last minute and not well thought through.

Trying to run a service with the smallest budget.

Money good, but not worth the agro that goes with it.
It's fast working environment
CASH IN TRANSIT DRIVER (Current Employee) –  London25 October 2018
Fun and friendly staff, days can be long with lots of jobs to complete but you come across lots of nice people as you do your deliveries.

You can be sent to anywhere in London to do your deliveries, hardest part is not knowing the trip and the heavy lifting, best part is you are getting out and about getting to know London a lot better, the crews all look out for each other and only a phone call away if you need help with your trip.
Zero hours keep taking on but not enough work cant run a single shift properly
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 July 2018
Worked for these they do not give you shifts and when they do they take them off you without any warning yet they still take people on promising work when they cannot deliver

Every shift i worked on they had zero preparation never telling anyone anything of where to go to start the shift and there breaks are a joke if you think your getting one your not because they find it too much effort to see if you need one

These guys are the most unprofessional company I've ever worked for with no communication whatsoever even the pay ranges randomly from 7.80 to 9.50 with no explanation with every shift giving you a different pay each time
Pros
The best pro is never to work for these
Cons
G4S is a con
poor managers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fife18 July 2018
Don't give any thought for disabled workers. send untrained guards to site when regular guards are sick or on holiday. pure monkey management never see line manager dosent answer phone and sometimes will respond to Email
Pros
finding a new job
Cons
poor management rubbish pay
terrible company to work for
Prisoner Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow20 February 2018
Very high staff turnover due to lack of mmanagement skills, not a manager between any of them. No work life balance, forced overtime and bullying. No care and No justice towards staff. Wages are always wrong, that's if you get paid them. Drivers forced to break the EU driving rules on a daily basis. Runs off the 'pals act', if your face fits.
Cons
forced overtime, bullying, wrong wages, no work life balance
good training
Secure Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 July 2018
excellent place to work with lots of opportunities to advance your career. learn a lot about all aspects of security and also updating an improving driving and safety skills.
Pros
uniform, equipments
Cons
hours can be long
Nice site to work.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey4 July 2018
Nice site to work. As a supervisor I was the sole in charge from fixing duties to looking after welfare and managing day to day stuff, it was quite difficult to see the manager. Not much help was available when there was a problem.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Management problem.
Over worked
Static Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Midlands22 August 2017
Been with the company for about 4 months now, was promised set shifts at a certain site.

I have worked at "my site" for one shift, apart from that I have worked at many, many different sites all over the Midlands.

I am being over worked like crazy... 3, 4 or even 5 weeks of night shifts with no days off at minimum wage... If I raise a complaint with the hours, I am always fobbed off with some excuse and told "it's not always like this" etc etc.

As soon as I find another job I'm out of here as I want to spend time with my family. I haven't slept in the same bed as my partner for over 2 weeks now, it's a real shame that management don't care about guards wellbeing. Many people have left due to being over worked.
Pros
Tons of hours, easy work
Cons
Expected to work unlimited amount of hours, minimum wage, management have an answer to everything.
really tough working there
Detainee Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  gatwick3 August 2018
really tough working there
management not really good
colleagues are not friendly
i did not learn anything
very isolated place
a stressful environment
Lots of friendly colleagues
Steward (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 August 2018
Colleagues are great to work with but management are a little too tense and stressed at times which does bring down the overall mood of the team. This can be very demotivating.
G4s the worst
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North East29 December 2017
The job itself is very easy to get to grips with. (obviously depending on what job you are doing) But G4S are the worst company I've ever worked for. Every policy is designed to rob you of any money/benefits, and all the managers seem to only be invested in your career if it helps themselves.

Countless times I have had to go over my managers head to make sure I paid the correct amount.

Constantly having to cover my own back as if I make one mistake, i pay for it out of my own pocket.
Pros
Cant think of any at the moment
Cons
Too many to list
enjoyable
Customer care stewards (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon14 November 2018
Everyone would motivated and ready to work. the group would all get along making the work easier as everyone would be keeping each other going. customers would be the biggest challenge while at work but everyone would be able to neutralise any situation and stay positive
Awful!, management very poor. No communication,
Security gaurd (Former Employee) –  Bwsc, sandwhich in kent11 March 2018
Firstly regret working for G4s in the first place. The site I worked on was ridiculous and there was to many promises made to the client with out my manager being able to back them up. Which meant because he would never answer the phone, the static guards took the brunt off it. My managers were awful and ignored any calls and never backed you up. I had two work place injuries and they were also ignored. So if any one is ever offered a job please say thank you but no. Worst company I have worked for and worst management I have ever dealt with. All lie and and refuse to communicate with there staff.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, no communication, management promising things they can't do and then it's taken out on us by the client.
A very busy arena which encourages team work and cross fertilisation of ideas.
SIA Licensed Security/Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Glasgow22 February 2018
A typical day at work is defined by safety and security briefs, and the assigning of staff members to various tasks, which must be executed in a professional manner. I have learned that I must be vigilant and pay attention to detail as a security officer/steward. The management is desirous of sharpening the skills of the staff members by ensuring they attend relevant courses on safety and security with reputable organisations overseeing the courses. The work culture is excellent as it is collaborative. The hardest part of the job is being assigned to oversee areas that could expose one to the inclement weather, however everyone is encouraged to kit up well to cushion the adverse effect of the weather. The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring that the job is executed in a professional manner while dealing with clients or spectators trying to access the Hall or event centre. Assisting clients or spectators in a very polite and courteous manner, without compromising fundamental principles is very interesting.
Pros
Provision of buses to staff members who are scheduled to work in distant places outside Glasgow.
Cons
At times you encounter spectators/clients/customers, who are rude and discourteous
Productive and enjoyable
SECURITY CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT/DRIVER (Former Employee) –  nine elms19 June 2018
Working for G4S for 18 years has been good but also stressful
due to security risks I have experienced over the years.
Start of day consists of going into the depot, collecting vehicle keys from the control office. I would spend 10/15 minutes checking vehicle and other necessary requirements.
Reversing into the loading bays and loading up and getting ready for
the start of my working day.
My daily duties would involve collection of money from various stores
including banks and also delivering large sums of money and
jewellery to various stores and banks.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers, appreciation and recognition established over the
years.
Pros
Pay and customer interaction
Cons
Risks element of job
Poor management
Prisoner custody officer (Former Employee) –  Rugby2 February 2018
Former prison officer in Rugby. I enjoyed my job at the start but then you start seeing “if your face fits” promotions. I worked for them for a lot of years, never had a disciplinary, was never in trouble and worked all the extra hours they asked of me, I put them before my family on occasions, one small mistake and I was suspended and sacked. No loyalty with this company.
Pros
Cons
Management are corrupt
Former G4s employee 18 years
X officer (Former Employee) –  South East England11 November 2018
Simply the best security company in the world ,i spent nearly 20 years working this company,loved every minute of it.only left because of type when contract ended.
Pros
Working for the best
Great temporary job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London19 November 2018
I was working during the olympics which was a very fun and interesting Experience also once in a life time within your own country you get to work for the olympics 2012
Pros
£20 off Waitrose or Caribbean scene for lunch. Zones 1-6 free public transport
good to work for
G4S Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow17 November 2018
I work here and I think it as grate staff are amazing and so are mangment I love the events we go to and work at and the fun we have but I also enjoy how fast the job can go from 0 to 100 in a second
Pros
its fun
Cons
not proppere hours
Very stressful
Driver (Current Employee) –  nine elms19 January 2018
Management are incompetent not a nice place to work not appreciated very stressful only good things are wages and other drivers as we all stick together
Pros
Salary
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K