G4S Employee Reviews

Found 1,107 reviews matching the search See all 10,277 reviews
Do not apply for a job with G4s they are full of crooks and lying scum
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Scotland19 September 2018
Most of there guards are over weight and unfit so don't expect any back up if things kick off most times a would try to eject a person the other G4s guards would hide and say they never heard any thing plus most of the managers are all pals act so if your looking for promotion prospects there none all a can say is DO NOT APPLY FOR G4S JOBS IF YOU LIKE YOUR HEALTH
Pros
When its time to go home thats if they let you
Cons
None what so ever, please take my advice, dont work for them, you will regret it, and if your reading some good reviews there fake and posted by there HR
Don’t bother
Cash in Transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire15 September 2018
Rate of pay is good but you break your back for it.. literally!
Very active job that’ll keep you fit and you’ll be lucky to do a minimum of a 12 hour day and with no set time to finish!
Management is very poor they couldn’t careless about the drivers and just sit in there office doing nothing all day.
Vans are taped together with duct tape and regularly break down, in hot weather quite often drivers are sent out in vans with no air-conditioning.
Place is a joke, don’t bother!!
Pros
Work mates
Cons
Poor management
Brilliant job, I enjoyed it.
Prison Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire12 September 2018
Job culture wasn’t that great but overall the job was excellent.
Pay is brilliant at £23,000 rising every year of about £130-£300 a year .whilst for HMP starter is £22,396.
Overtime is always available at £21-£23 an hour and you can have as many as you want. So on average I did 45hrs a week inc a couple of hours overtime.

Shifts I got are quite good with on average 4/7 days worked with a mixture of 4-11hrs a day. You have to do 39hrs.

Made a few great friends in the job and I’d recommend it to a person who wants a mixture of their job.
Pros
Good pay and good friends made.
Cons
Hours are varied l you could do 6-4 one day and 9-3 the next
Staff mostly good but managment bit lacking in expertise
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Silverlink11 September 2018
good employer. Managers keep changing over the years so keeps things fresh. local branch is at leeds. Paid monthly on 15th of the month. G4S does not do building sites or stuff that lesser companies go for.contracts are bit more prestigious
Pros
Staff details, rosta's and payslips all online
Cons
not so many sites
Account management
Account Director, Thames Tideway Tunnel Project (Current Employee) –  London, UK3 September 2018
Key Account management of a large contract. Very busy project with multiple requirement and constant juggling of priorities. Customer facing and dealing with customers was excellent and progressive. A great role and project, with excellent people who want to do a great job.
Pros
Busy exciting and changing environment
Cons
24/7 business
Worst company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  JPMorgan Bournemouth1 September 2018
G4S chaseside JPMorgan is the worst company and management by Far , everybody is miserable there and management do everything to make your life miserable they think of you slave not more than that so harrasment is their daily routine.so never work for them if you don't want to be psycho .
Customer service
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport30 August 2018
Its a good experiences to work G4S company. I have learnt a lot about Security , safety, challenging with the customers. I had join the company from France. I was working at CDG airport in France. Then i got transferred to London Heathrow. I took the challenge to come to UK and working at Heathrow Airport.
Great team
Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset28 August 2018
4 days on 4 days off gives you family life but if you want overtime its easy to get.

Good job prospect.

Very large team; you work within a shift.

30 days holiday.
Cons
Longs hours
Bad
Area Service delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2018
G4S has good intentions but can't deliver.They work on a minimal cheap budget and can not meet there targets frontline staff are amazing but have to work with very little support
Great colleagues
Recruitment Officer (Former Employee) –  Gloucester28 August 2018
Great people to work with across a number of contracts and locations. Variety of positions available though this does depend on where you are living.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Little opportunity to advance
Least capable company ever worked for.
MANAGER - Corporate banking contract (Former Employee) –  London28 August 2018
Company strategy has no obvious flexibility and therefore doesn't work well in environments not fully controlled by the company. Support is weak for employees.
Great Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coleraine, County Londonderry23 August 2018
Great company to work for, management is so easy to get on with ever any issues they are more than willing to help out as best they can. Can be long hours to work at times but all in all working with other staff passes the day.
great company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 August 2018
Very flexible and good management, great work culture, amazing benefits and pay rates, great rewards and incentives, great ways of progression and development
Pros
Free Uniform
Cons
Long Hours
Ok to work for.
Prisoner custodial officer (Current Employee) –  Livingston19 August 2018
Okay to work for. However, communication from high management to officers at the front line can be slow. Wages could be better for job you are doing. Need to be fit and healthy.
Pros
Good regional managers
Cons
Can be long hours
Ok
Receptionist/Telephonist (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 August 2018
I work for G4S but don't have much to do with them as we work closely with the client. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with he clients.

The workplace culture is pleasant.

I have gained confidence and experience in my role and want to develop elsewhere.
Shocking management
Welfare Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Midlands13 August 2018
A great job ruined by poor management. Unfortunately that's G4S all over. Dishonest, only interested in their targets, not the clients or staff. If you want to have managers who are only after saving their own skins at the expense of their honesty and integrity and the staff under them then this is the company to work for.

I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
Pros
A degree of flexibility
Cons
Most of job is micromanaged to the nth degree, there's absolutely no pleasure from working in what should have been a nice environment, below market rate for job
Not a great company to work for
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London12 August 2018
I felt G4S was only concerned about it's profits and shareholders and didn't care too much for the job satisfaction of it's staff.

In the latter stages of my time at G4S, there was a change within the Executive team (CEO, COO and Financial Director), which I believe could change this around or at least improve on what I had experienced, hence my approval of the CEO.
Long hours & No career advancement.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland10 August 2018
I have been working for G4S for nearly a year now, and one thing you are promised is a healthy work and social life balance, that is not true, my slow week is 58 hours and my longest can be 60-70 hours, this is all on minimum wage as well, my contract is the lowest paid, even though other buildings on the same contract are paid more for doing the exact same job as myself and the other guard(s) in my building.

When you go to the interviewer, he or she rants and raves about how quickly you can move up the ranks in G4S, absolute lies, you are stuck where you are until you are no longer required. I have worked with people who have been with G4S for 15-20 years and have never been offered promotions, or even a chance to advance their career within the company. The job is okay for a stop gap, while you figure out what you want to do, but I would not recommend it as a career builder as you will be stuck like the hundreds of other security officers that have been promised career development. Luckly I am young, and eager so for me G4S is only a stop gap until I finish of other security courses to progress my career.

Management is a shambles, I see my manager once a month, if that. There is no real communication within the workforce, it's hard to even get new uniform.

Unless your moving into a supervisory rule or management role, I would not recommend joining the company, especially if you are young. The job is okay for people nearing retirement age.
Pros
Get to meet interesting people, pay is on time
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage, management is awful, no career development.
flexible and unique
Steward (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 August 2018
good as a secondary job , very rewarding, allows you to travel and visit different places and events and get paid for it.
Ideal if you are a university student as it lets you work when you want to.
A lasting experience but memorable work place.
FEMALE SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester6 August 2018
Always maintaing a good working relationship enforced security related incidents.
Very busy but one must keep alert, and monitor CCTV, intruder detection and fire alarm system.
Safety regulations on site must be adhered by staff at all times.
Pros
opportunity to learn and grow in job position.
Cons
Challenging but positive interaction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K