G4S Employee Reviews

Want to be a slave?
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  uk24 October 2017
Fancy never knowing where you are going to work from one day to the next, often getting it changed with no notice?

Fancy working for minimum wage in a job where you are just a number in a uniform?

Fancy having management constantly unavailable and any enquiries completely ignored?

Fancy never being able to get holidays booked?

Fancy working for a company that thinks paying the expenses you are due is optional whilst expecting you to find the money to travel thousands of miles a year?

Fancy experiencing racism, sexism and bullying on a regular basis and nothing being done about it?

If the answer to all these questions is yes then a frontline role with G4S is for you!
Pros
better than the dole, just.
Cons
see above
Enjoyable
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Stockport22 October 2017
Working here was good, because you work in a team and your with these people everyday they almost become family. Management were good if you had an issues.
Not Enough Support
Prison Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 October 2017
Expected to work through the hour break you have on a 12 hour shift management dont want to help you or listen to concerns often left to work alone as colleagues dont want to help and just sit around in office leaving new people to pick up all the slack then degrade them in staff meetings by blaming new starters for all the things going wrong. you work 60+ hours every week without a choice and no breaks A/L was given to me without even been giving a chance to pick. Over all its a shambles!!!
Pros
Cons
everything !
Ambulance care assistant
Ambulance Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent17 October 2017
Management don’t seem to care about the ground staff, all they are worried about are the “KPIs”. They don’t even seem to care about the patients we transport.
One of the easiest jobs out there but made really hard by management and controllers that don’t even know the area.
They always ask more out of you, but never offer more to you.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Low wage
productive and fun workplace
Steward (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne13 October 2017
enjoyed the job because the job involved a lot travel.
because of this, i know many places in the UK.
the payment was not bad, but because of lot of travel ,there should be a travel expenses. this is my opinion
Pros
noon
Cons
noon
I have good experience to work with G4s,I work in hospitality environment which was really good and give me lot of experience
Security supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hilton hotels12 October 2017
My day was very long on work sometimes cz of some incident I need to work more then 12 hiurs, until problem not solved I have to enter there as a supervisor .I learn lot of things in my life to work in hospitality field,I know how to handle pressure in case of emergency.
Our management not really bad all good and professional.
Hardest part of JOb is to work night shift specially after 2am it's make sleepy but anyhow I have nice experience to work in night shift.
My most enjoyable part of work when I was in airport to handle difficult passenger of drunk passengers.
Pros
I have free lunches on duty from hotel side.
Cons
Sometimes duty was more than 14 hours
Fun
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 October 2017
long hours but good fun and social side to work!!. met some ok people when working meet people up and down the country, overall quite good money isnt great though
Pros
social side
ok to work for
Security team leader (Former Employee) –  basingstoke / camberely11 October 2017
Wages were good. Management was bad. They left you alone which was good. Team was good to work for. I worked as a contractor for a bank. I did enjoy the job until the contracted ended.
Pros
wages
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnley11 October 2017
Very busy, at times, turnstile operating was fast, noisy, supervisors usually close by, hardest part was facing traffic end of shift as was joining motorways with around 10 to 20 thousand drivers for their destination.
Pros
Crowd spectating
Cons
Journey back home
good
Transport Manager (Current Employee) –  London8 October 2017
Lovely people very friendly and funny, make the day go by very quick, flexible work for safety stewards, well paid and enjoyable. Good for part time work on the side.
Avoid like the plague
Prison Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow courts.8 October 2017
Man management skills are in short supply in this company. They have promoted from within and the people they have chosen are just not up to the job.Bullying and victimisation are common place and staff are left wondering where to turn.Only a matter of time till one of the Area managers gets taken to a tribunal . Rubbish company . Avoid if you can.
Pros
Too few to mention.
Cons
Wages and conditions.
Awful company.
Security Officer/Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove churchill sq.6 October 2017
This company is run by a bunch of cowboys. Days off are far and few between leaving you with a non existent home life. There is pay issues every month ( i am still owed nearly £1000 which they are refusing to pay ) the management could easily be replaced by chimps ( who would do a much better job ). The management also bully and harass you on a daily basis and when you raise a greivance to the area manager he just ignores you and does nothing about it. My strong reccomendation would be to stay well clear.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rarely get days off, always issues with pay, management bully and harrass on a daily basis.
ok
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex6 October 2017
ok to work for. friendly group of people to work with. while i was their staff team changed rapidly due to loss of contracts and change of managers this changes mood in work place
the best experience ever in a job
security team leader (Former Employee) –  Newham4 October 2017
having worked in the 2012 olympics, i made friends with people from all around the world who i have built a relationship with for life. meeting different cultiures was a unique experience.
Poor and Unhelpful
Area Relief Officer (Current Employee) –  Midlands28 September 2017
Too many ongoing issues, management fail to rectify these issues and push it aside, created more stress and moved me to other offices further down the country. Do not deal with bullies.
Nice Experience
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh25 September 2017
Workplace and Company culture.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Reading Station, Berkshire23 September 2017
Although while working at G4S it had its perks and a steady paycheck, it was not a career based role. There were no opportunities to grow and develop. Also hard to maintain a good work life balance.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
No social life
Avoid
Cash Processor (Current Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London20 September 2017
Avoid this company where possible, all staff are overworked and under paid.

Unfair contracts for new starters.

Different rules apply to different individuals
Pros
Cons
Long unsociable hours, unpaid breaks
Productive learning workplace
Operations Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire17 September 2017
A day to day included managing over 80 drivers and and keeping all customer satisfied as well as carrying out daily projects and managing workload. I learnt managem,ent skills, health and safety, customer orders and processing, IT Skills and managing people. The most enjoyable part of my day is the sociable aspect of speaking to new and different people regarding different queries. The hardest part of my job is overcoming challenging issues with staff sickness and annual leave and lack of knowledge in areas.
Pros
high wage
Cons
Shifts
Good job
Agent (Former Employee) –  Manvers13 September 2017
During my time here I met some amazing people, the training team are absolutely phenomenal. Some management are friendlier then others but they are all very approachable. Unfortunately for myself, at times I found the job extremely mentally draining. However, because of the strong bond you gain with the people there it was easier to get through. You are treated as an individual and not just a number.

However, I do think agents do not get the salary they deserve for the difficulty of the job.
Pros
Caring staff.
Cons
Hours not sociable/salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.