G4S Employee Review

work place staff
Security Officer (SIA Licence (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2017
staff that arent management are great and friendly, learning alot of face to face with public and clients, hardest part of the job would be to be sitting and doing nothing for hours at a time but also partly enjoyable if you work on your own as it has a relaxed vibe with no tension.
Pros
constant shifts and sometimes a great atmosphere
Cons
pay is too low and job advancment or site exchange not possible witout replacement

Other G4S Employee Reviews

Senior management are good commuinicators, HR are deplorable
Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Scotland17 June 2018
7am start, sign out keys for vehicle. carry out vehicle inspection as per company requirements. cell area checks for contraband.weapons etc.

Depart base to a police station or an HMP establishment to transfer police custodies or convicted prisoners to court,
Funerals,Home visits, Childrens Hearings,Hospital Appointments.

All custdodies subject to a wand and seach procedure.

An authorotive however understanding approach works best.

Commuinication with senior members of staff is paramount.

Teamwork and commuinication with all concerned,ie,
Police,Prison staff, Lawyers,social work department,Docters,Nursing staff to name a few.

Control and Restraint when required is the hardest part of the job.

During my 13 years in this position I have traveled all over the United Kingdom, I have met many people from all walks of life.
This has been an education to say the least and has made me the person I am today.
Pros
Life Experiance
Cons
Long hours, Hostile Enviroment
Decent job, but not without failings
Events Safety Steward (Former Employee) –  Liverpool15 June 2018
I signed up for G4S in March of 2107, and to their credit, the recruitment process was actually very rapid and convenient.

Work life was as expected and was challenging but mostly fun. Problems lie within the management, standards deviate depending on where you work and you will find that there are times when you are left alone for long periods of time with no further instruction or without breaks. And often many managers treat stewards like second class citizens and will punish the smallest mistakes with sometimes unreasonable severity.

Despite this however, it remains a decent paying job, however, actually finding shifts becomes a challenge, especially in the latter months of the year when little is going on.
Pros
Decent pay, challenging enough that every shift is unique, there is a chance to meet many different types of people
Cons
management is not ideal, not a job for people who don't like lots of standing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K