G4S Employee Review

work place staff
Security Officer (SIA Licence (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2017
staff that arent management are great and friendly, learning alot of face to face with public and clients, hardest part of the job would be to be sitting and doing nothing for hours at a time but also partly enjoyable if you work on your own as it has a relaxed vibe with no tension.
Pros
constant shifts and sometimes a great atmosphere
Cons
pay is too low and job advancment or site exchange not possible witout replacement

Other G4S Employee Reviews

Avoid this company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham7 December 2018
Work long hours on your feet all day.supervisors need to learn to be supervisor ‘s .very bad management. When you go to them will problems they sweep everything under the carpet do not take anything seriously.avoid this company if you want your sanity.bullying goes on .staff who have been with company for a long time get easier day than new staff get told to work faster and harder
Pros
Meet some good colleagues
Cons
bad management and supervisor’s
One of thee most annoying and frustrating jobs I ever had
Relief Support Security Officer (Former Employee) –  durham, sunderland , newcastle, middleborough,30 November 2018
If you apply for the support officer role, make sure you have a guaranteed site for H/PW. Some weeks I found that I was working 60+hours and other weeks less than 20. And I would find that I was working more 20 hour weeks than 60 hour weeks in the long run. This will happen more so if they lose a contract, which is what happened to me.
Also depending on which department you go to you will either have a really good manager who cares or one that sucks and couldn't care less if you feezed to death. I needed top cover for my uniform in winter just to keep the chill off me and then the manager didn't supply me with the epically thin jacket until spring, you can only wear clothing with the logo on it.
And don't expect to have a social life either as you could be called on your day off to go in, and if you refuse to go in because you're too exhausted or you have a doctors appointment, or something along those lines, they will give you less shifts.
The rate of pay is good, depending on the site you are working and you will get your mileage back as well as certain expenses.
its a mixed bag this company, I did like working for G4S but lack of hours, supply of clothing and poor management was becoming too much for me to handle, especially when the line manager didn't want to communicate with the client,so you would get it in the neck from the client.
but like I said it all depends on which department you go to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K