G4S Pay & Benefits reviews

Stay away
Security officer (Current Employee) –  South20 September 2018
Worst security job,no communication,no flexibility, minimum wage for front line role putting your life in danger, just white shirt and number,
No progression .The Company is more interested in keeping high paying Governmement contract rather than welfare of officers. Does not pay for illness and they dock your pay if you need a dental or doctors appointment. Holidays are first come first serve based
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Poor pay rate, poor management
Brilliant job, I enjoyed it.
Prison Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire12 September 2018
Job culture wasn’t that great but overall the job was excellent.
Pay is brilliant at £23,000 rising every year of about £130-£300 a year .whilst for HMP starter is £22,396.
Overtime is always available at £21-£23 an hour and you can have as many as you want. So on average I did 45hrs a week inc a couple of hours overtime.

Shifts I got are quite good with on average 4/7 days worked with a mixture of 4-11hrs a day. You have to do 39hrs.

Made a few great friends in the job and I’d recommend it to a person who wants a mixture of their job.
Pros
Good pay and good friends made.
Cons
Hours are varied l you could do 6-4 one day and 9-3 the next
Great team
Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset28 August 2018
4 days on 4 days off gives you family life but if you want overtime its easy to get.

Good job prospect.

Very large team; you work within a shift.

30 days holiday.
Cons
Longs hours
great company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 August 2018
Very flexible and good management, great work culture, amazing benefits and pay rates, great rewards and incentives, great ways of progression and development
Pros
Free Uniform
Cons
Long Hours
Avoid if at all possible
P&R (Former Employee) –  Belfast, heron view31 July 2018
Money was terrible, culture is woeful, it is always cover your back and not about colleague or customer value, just management avoiding all possible fallout. Never been so happy as to leave that place.
Pros
You have a uniform(even though you aren't customer facing)
Cons
Too many to list. No sick pay, barely minimum wage
ok
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk25 July 2018
ok not a bad firm, depends if you get a good manager or not, money was ok head office are good to work with, zero hours contracts came out and ruined the company to my opinion
Pros
flexible
Cons
bad managment
Poor support, poor planning, poor work/life balance
Driver (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk22 July 2018
Great job for keeping active, however; some expectations are too high for operatives.

Planning from Management Team is very last minute and not well thought through.

Trying to run a service with the smallest budget.

Money good, but not worth the agro that goes with it.
Pros
Paid for breaks
Cons
Long hours, very poor communication
Okay if you're management
Senior Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coventry20 July 2018
G4S work you as though you have no life outside of G4S pressure to work over time when you can't, favours those who can.

Pay is OK average nothing outstanding, no bonuses or incentives to want to work more hours than contracted. Saying that hours of work can be flexible including night shifts.

The people who you work with make it, management tend to have NO management skills what so ever and aren't professional in the slightest!
Pros
Hours can be flexible
Cons
Too many to list
used to be a good company to work for
aso (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside2 July 2018
when i first started with the company it was a good company to work for had loads of diffrent incentives like extra days off for service etc but now every year gets worse the management r all for themselves and not to be trusted and will rob u of every penny they can if uve got kids and want time off in the six weeks holidays u haven't got a chance unless u give them 2 yrs notice or ur a manager the pay is bad for the amount of abuse u get not a good company for employees after the Olympic games shamble
Pros
good hrs in week 8.45 till 5.15
Cons
bad management/very hard to get holidays u want/poor pay
Good job great staff
Customer Care Officer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 May 2018
Good experience but could do with giving staff a fair chance of career progression. I was there for nearly 3 years and not got anywhere did the same job for the same pay the whole time.
intresting place to work at
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London1 May 2018
I was there only for short time but during this time i noticed this company is very well structured and well orgenised. good money however i worked long hours.
Pros
good money
Cons
long shifts
Customer care officer
Area Relief Officer (Current Employee) –  Bognor Regis, West Sussex6 April 2018
Management don't care as long as sites covered no chance for advance in career you are sent miles from home and a lot of very bad guards and lack of backup from most of the guards on lots of sites some were very good but most are terrible especially in bognor regis and havent job centres
Pros
Money
Cons
Lack of professional guards
one of very few security companies that give you contracted hours.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Belfast21 March 2018
G4S was a good employer. I told them at my interview I was looking permeant security work and didn't want to be moved around to different locations. They got me a permeant site with another g4s guy who was brilliant to work with no issues there. all in all good company pay always right and on time, management could use a bit of an upgrade or reboot of new blood.
Pros
contracted hours, holiday pay
Cons
long hours, always recruiting
Complete lack of duty of care towards employees
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury21 March 2018
Please don’t think you will work for this company and be anything more than just a number... You will just be another nobody that they will give minimum benefits to, ensuring your contract actually benefits them more than you. And if you have a family then don’t expect G4S to be understanding or caring towards your needs - they will crush you at every opportunity. And management - well what can I say... they will treat you appallingly, use you at every opportunity, and you will not be rewarded in any way shape or form. And I’m not a disgruntled ex-employee - I spent 8yrs working for this company, and as soon as I became a mother they treated me like a nobody... Good luck if you do decide to work for this company - you will need it!
wouldn't recommend
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guernsey, Guernsey21 March 2018
worked long days, nights and weeks. management didnt seem to appreciate what i was doing to help out. good money but not sure if what i was doing was worth it. management were a mess.
Good employer
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Klaipeda20 March 2018
Nice Job, but low on salary pay. G4S is a very good company to work for.I always try to keep a positive attitude to show how much I enjoy my job. Professional Security Guards.
Rewarding
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ratcliffe on Soar, Nottinghamshire18 March 2018
Excellent company to be a part of . Managers recognise potential within staff an reward hard work , good rota patterns with a healthy salary . I personally worked with the G4S Gurkha company which has been an interesting journey .
fun workplace
SIA event steward (Current Employee) –  Glasgow12 March 2018
learn a great respect on customer care
after 5 years with the company
each shift is different - met some fantastic people
if you dont like standing for long hours then this job is not for you
Cons
long hours - not many breaks
Appalling Management
Trainer (Former Employee) –  UK21 February 2018
Seriously badly focused managers. The department I worked for provided Learning and Development to a public sector organisation. The management in the past 18 months has been appalling, so much so that I have left to take a new position that pays less with fewer benefits. My 13 plus years experience amounted to nothing. The management do nothing to inspire, enthuse, motivate or encourage their staff. The majority of the staff are unappreciated and left exhausted. I have viewed many disappointments in leadership with G4S - this is another. A poster I read said “Employees don’t leave jobs, they leave managers”. This is so true as the ones I worked for have driven and are driving many hard working staff away.
Pros
Good examples of bad management to tell people about.
Cons
Poor management.
Good helpful management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London21 February 2018
I enjoyed working with them they helped me me learn new things but also helped me on a personal level wen I had a tough time im my personal life very supportive.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Some management issues