G4S Pay & Benefits reviews

Okay if you're management
Senior Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coventry20 July 2018
G4S work you as though you have no life outside of G4S pressure to work over time when you can't, favours those who can.

Pay is OK average nothing outstanding, no bonuses or incentives to want to work more hours than contracted. Saying that hours of work can be flexible including night shifts.

The people who you work with make it, management tend to have NO management skills what so ever and aren't professional in the slightest!
Pros
Hours can be flexible
Cons
Too many to list
used to be a good company to work for
aso (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside2 July 2018
when i first started with the company it was a good company to work for had loads of diffrent incentives like extra days off for service etc but now every year gets worse the management r all for themselves and not to be trusted and will rob u of every penny they can if uve got kids and want time off in the six weeks holidays u haven't got a chance unless u give them 2 yrs notice or ur a manager the pay is bad for the amount of abuse u get not a good company for employees after the Olympic games shamble
Pros
good hrs in week 8.45 till 5.15
Cons
bad management/very hard to get holidays u want/poor pay
intresting place to work at
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London1 May 2018
I was there only for short time but during this time i noticed this company is very well structured and well orgenised. good money however i worked long hours.
Pros
good money
Cons
long shifts
Customer care officer
Area Relief Officer (Current Employee) –  Bognor Regis, West Sussex6 April 2018
Management don't care as long as sites covered no chance for advance in career you are sent miles from home and a lot of very bad guards and lack of backup from most of the guards on lots of sites some were very good but most are terrible especially in bognor regis and havent job centres
Pros
Money
Cons
Lack of professional guards
one of very few security companies that give you contracted hours.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Belfast21 March 2018
G4S was a good employer. I told them at my interview I was looking permeant security work and didn't want to be moved around to different locations. They got me a permeant site with another g4s guy who was brilliant to work with no issues there. all in all good company pay always right and on time, management could use a bit of an upgrade or reboot of new blood.
Pros
contracted hours, holiday pay
Cons
long hours, always recruiting
Complete lack of duty of care towards employees
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury21 March 2018
Please don’t think you will work for this company and be anything more than just a number... You will just be another nobody that they will give minimum benefits to, ensuring your contract actually benefits them more than you. And if you have a family then don’t expect G4S to be understanding or caring towards your needs - they will crush you at every opportunity. And management - well what can I say... they will treat you appallingly, use you at every opportunity, and you will not be rewarded in any way shape or form. And I’m not a disgruntled ex-employee - I spent 8yrs working for this company, and as soon as I became a mother they treated me like a nobody... Good luck if you do decide to work for this company - you will need it!
wouldn't recommend
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guernsey, Guernsey21 March 2018
worked long days, nights and weeks. management didnt seem to appreciate what i was doing to help out. good money but not sure if what i was doing was worth it. management were a mess.
Good employer
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Klaipeda20 March 2018
Nice Job, but low on salary pay. G4S is a very good company to work for.I always try to keep a positive attitude to show how much I enjoy my job. Professional Security Guards.
Rewarding
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ratcliffe on Soar, Nottinghamshire18 March 2018
Excellent company to be a part of . Managers recognise potential within staff an reward hard work , good rota patterns with a healthy salary . I personally worked with the G4S Gurkha company which has been an interesting journey .
fun workplace
SIA event steward (Current Employee) –  Glasgow12 March 2018
learn a great respect on customer care
after 5 years with the company
each shift is different - met some fantastic people
if you dont like standing for long hours then this job is not for you
Cons
long hours - not many breaks
Appalling Management
Trainer (Former Employee) –  UK21 February 2018
Seriously badly focused managers. The department I worked for provided Learning and Development to a public sector organisation. The management in the past 18 months has been appalling, so much so that I have left to take a new position that pays less with fewer benefits. My 13 plus years experience amounted to nothing. The management do nothing to inspire, enthuse, motivate or encourage their staff. The majority of the staff are unappreciated and left exhausted. I have viewed many disappointments in leadership with G4S - this is another. A poster I read said “Employees don’t leave jobs, they leave managers”. This is so true as the ones I worked for have driven and are driving many hard working staff away.
Pros
Good examples of bad management to tell people about.
Cons
Poor management.
Good helpful management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London21 February 2018
I enjoyed working with them they helped me me learn new things but also helped me on a personal level wen I had a tough time im my personal life very supportive.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Some management issues
Unacceptable and illegal working practices.
Secure Care Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes16 February 2018
Unacceptable and illegal working practices. Officer safety is minimal with risk of assault very high.
Officers expected to work 15 hour shifts with no break.
Management very poor and unprofessional towards staff.
On occasion staff are refused permission to leave after shift basically held against their will.
Staff treatment poor and often suspended without justification.
Food inedible and unhygienic.
Recent Ofsted report stated centre was WHOLLY INADEQUATE and deteriorating.
Nothing more to be said then that!
Pros
Time off and salary.
Cons
15hr+ shifts, no proper break, no personal safety, assaults on staff.
I've got to book my holiday 16months in advance for it to be turned down 'to many people off site
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Brighton29 January 2018
Never see management no new uniforms having to book my holidays at least 10-16 months in advance to be told no as to many guards of site or in the area at one time
Pros
Regular work
Cons
Have to book holiday a year and half in advance for it to be turned down to many people of site.
Don’t work here long hours as custody officer and poor management
Detainee Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport, West Sussex26 January 2018
Very long hours start at 0745 and if your lucky finished at 2130. Poor management and low staff morale.
Loved the job but too many changes and very high staff turnover which leads to short staffed.
Potential to get hurt/injuries for not much money.
Pros
Cons
Management and long hours
customer support
Security guard/customer support officer (Current Employee) –  Belfast26 January 2018
"your just a bum on a seat", make you pay for your own license, ly in month, when contracts come up for review its generally cuts in staff or your hours as they cant legally pay you any less. like all companies profit goes to the top. Multinational company that hasn't the decency to pay you a proper living wage even with huge profits. stick with banks and supermarkets even they now pay a proper living wage hourly rate of £9 at least
Management doesn’t understand anything
Secure Driver (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire22 January 2018
Lack of communication with management, Management doesn’t understand the job, Good money but very long hours. Training period is totally useless. Vans are in very bad condition. Overtime is paid the same rate.
Pros
Money
Cons
Management, Long hours, No better rate for overtime.
Very stressful
Driver (Current Employee) –  nine elms19 January 2018
Management are incompetent not a nice place to work not appreciated very stressful only good things are wages and other drivers as we all stick together
Pros
Salary
Cons
I clean and do tea round and love to talk to patients
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bdgh2 January 2018
I love my job but hrs do not suit me anymore so would like a change they are having a big shake up with hrs and shifts as I have a 6 and 5 year old I need hrs that sort me
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Wrong hrs for me not eungthe hrs
G4s the worst
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North East29 December 2017
The job itself is very easy to get to grips with. (obviously depending on what job you are doing) But G4S are the worst company I've ever worked for. Every policy is designed to rob you of any money/benefits, and all the managers seem to only be invested in your career if it helps themselves.

Countless times I have had to go over my managers head to make sure I paid the correct amount.

Constantly having to cover my own back as if I make one mistake, i pay for it out of my own pocket.
Pros
Cant think of any at the moment
Cons
Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K