G4S Pay & Benefits reviews

Very stressful
Driver (Current Employee) –  nine elms19 January 2018
Management are incompetent not a nice place to work not appreciated very stressful only good things are wages and other drivers as we all stick together
Pros
Salary
G4s the worst
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North East29 December 2017
The job itself is very easy to get to grips with. (obviously depending on what job you are doing) But G4S are the worst company I've ever worked for. Every policy is designed to rob you of any money/benefits, and all the managers seem to only be invested in your career if it helps themselves.

Countless times I have had to go over my managers head to make sure I paid the correct amount.

Constantly having to cover my own back as if I make one mistake, i pay for it out of my own pocket.
Pros
Cant think of any at the moment
Cons
Too many to list
Good company to start out with they gave me big opportunities working in a vast range of environments from events to Government contracts.
DS security (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 December 2017
I experienced a good working relationship with management & never found it hard to voice concerns & I enjoyed the team I worked with London & outter London.
Pros
Free lunch was some times provided depending on location, if working out of London free lunch breakfast & dinners also travel
Cons
Long hour but goes with the nature of the job
Wages far too low
Full Time Relief Court Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham27 December 2017
Job itself is good,no day is the same,management are good,if i have any work issues they are approachable and helpful. The guards i work with are good people who are friendly and helpful.The main gripe is the hourly rate..far too low for the responsibilities that go with the job !! Hardest part of the job is dealing with kick offs / disputes. I do enjoy meeting people and communicating with people from different backgrounds though.
Pros
Work with some good, experienced guards in the company.
Cons
Hourly rate is poor
g4s
Cash Replenishment and Driver (Former Employee) –  Chester17 December 2017
very good company to work for, i was a cash replenishment officer which involved refilling cash machines throughout north wales and the north west, there is an element of danger to the job.
Pros
salary/training
Cons
danger of attack
No life
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Scotland15 December 2017
Management no help at all won’t sort out your travelling expenses
When you first start because they don’t want to pay you them
Send you all over the place your just a number
Pros
Cons
Boring job
work place staff
Security Officer (SIA Licence (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2017
staff that arent management are great and friendly, learning alot of face to face with public and clients, hardest part of the job would be to be sitting and doing nothing for hours at a time but also partly enjoyable if you work on your own as it has a relaxed vibe with no tension.
Pros
constant shifts and sometimes a great atmosphere
Cons
pay is too low and job advancment or site exchange not possible witout replacement
It was a good job.
Steward (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 December 2017
It was a good job. The staff were friendly. I was able to chose my own working hours. I had the opportunity to experience a wide range of events in the UK.
Ok as a job but not full of employee benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  England29 November 2017
Ok company but as a service provider, costs are kept at minimum which means employee benefits are low. Large company so opportunity for movement but not guaranteed.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Low staff benefits
Demanding environment
Prison Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire29 November 2017
I have worked for G4S for over 10 years. The company offers a good pension scheme for its employees. Another benefit is the annual leave entitlement.
Unfortunately the hours are unsociable but this is expected working as a prison officer.
It is a challenging environment and can be both physically and mentally damaging.
Pros
Good annual leave entitlement
Cons
Unsociable hours
G4s
Senior Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lancashire20 November 2017
G4S as a company are very good your paid on time with no mistakes on your salary but management leave alot to be desired. Management seem to think that you do not have any kind of home life and it appears that you work for them all the time.
Pros
Paid on time and correctly
Cons
Bad management
Poorly paid,
Ambulance Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent5 November 2017
If your looking to earn a living then this job is not for you. Just over minimum wage and yet you deal directly with patients. We are front line but get a pitence. To much form filling, no appreciation, control haven't a clue on area. There is NO extra money. Flat rate of pay and if you don't like it then leave. Company would rather train new staff than invest in current staff to keep them. Seen so many people leave. It's madness. This is G4S where the top bods earn loads and the actual workers earn nothing. Steer clear, it's not as glamourous as it sounds.
Pros
Free cups of tea
Cons
Poor pay
Zero hours contract
Security Guard/Door Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh1 November 2017
It's a good company to work for if you want a zero hours contract , you can pick and choose what hours suit you. There is quite a large turnover of staff.
There are lots of opportunities to work full or part-time.
Work the hours that suit you .
Pros
Zero hours contract
Cons
Most hours required are at night
Ambulance care assistant
Ambulance Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent17 October 2017
Management don’t seem to care about the ground staff, all they are worried about are the “KPIs”. They don’t even seem to care about the patients we transport.
One of the easiest jobs out there but made really hard by management and controllers that don’t even know the area.
They always ask more out of you, but never offer more to you.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Low wage
productive and fun workplace
Steward (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne13 October 2017
enjoyed the job because the job involved a lot travel.
because of this, i know many places in the UK.
the payment was not bad, but because of lot of travel ,there should be a travel expenses. this is my opinion
Pros
noon
Cons
noon
Fun
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 October 2017
long hours but good fun and social side to work!!. met some ok people when working meet people up and down the country, overall quite good money isnt great though
Pros
social side
ok to work for
Security team leader (Former Employee) –  basingstoke / camberely11 October 2017
Wages were good. Management was bad. They left you alone which was good. Team was good to work for. I worked as a contractor for a bank. I did enjoy the job until the contracted ended.
Pros
wages
Cons
good
Transport Manager (Current Employee) –  London8 October 2017
Lovely people very friendly and funny, make the day go by very quick, flexible work for safety stewards, well paid and enjoyable. Good for part time work on the side.
Awful company.
Security Officer/Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove churchill sq.6 October 2017
This company is run by a bunch of cowboys. Days off are far and few between leaving you with a non existent home life. There is pay issues every month ( i am still owed nearly £1000 which they are refusing to pay ) the management could easily be replaced by chimps ( who would do a much better job ). The management also bully and harass you on a daily basis and when you raise a greivance to the area manager he just ignores you and does nothing about it. My strong reccomendation would be to stay well clear.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rarely get days off, always issues with pay, management bully and harrass on a daily basis.
Nice Experience
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh25 September 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.