G4S Employee Reviews for Steward

Found 110 reviews matching the search See all 12,411 reviews
More pay for G4S staff
Steward/Security sia (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield14 October 2019
Same as above.for the shift . and more information about the jobs.the wages are given is correct for the shift.and to give you the right information about the work.
Nice work colleagues and environment
Steward (Current Employee) –  Birmingham22 September 2019
Get to travel all over the country to many exciting events that you would view on Television or online. Highly recommend enployer.
Lovely friendly environment, especially at Warwickshire County Cricket Club.
Not great
Safety Steward (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh31 July 2019
Rubbish pay for a job like this considering the responsibility. You're more or less ignored by management when you are given your duties, If you decide to work for G4S prepare for abuse.
Not bad if you can get the work
Event Steward (Former Employee) –  Leeds29 July 2019
As they have a zero hour contract you have to register your interest in wanting to work on any of the events they have and there is no guarantee you will be selected for some if any of the events you have registered for. If you have not worked for them with in a 3 months they get on your case but they do not seem to get that you are not given any work even though you register for events and that is a down side to this even though when you do get picked it can be great.
Long hours, can be stressful
Events Steward (Former Employee) –  Glasgow20 July 2019
With a lot of varying and challenging work environments, they job can be very mentally challenging at times, and not always for the good
Its money. You get paid.
Event Safety Steward (Former Employee) –  Glasgow10 July 2019
Go in. Do hours. Get paid.
Build shifts. Turn up and be reliable.

It is zero hour. Handy for on side work. Advise get SIA licence badge. Its a free course. Check online. Badge cost 220. Lasts 3 years.
More shifts available then. Then do door guard training. More shifts.

Nice bunch of guys. Straight laced. Good team. Work together.

You will get clique groups. But in what industry wont you get that. Even then everyone respects the job.

Be yourself. Turn up.....on time. Do job. Get paid.

No big heads. Its not that kind of job. Keep that for customers.

Good luck.
Pros
Good guys. See events. Good paid breaks.
Cons
Long standing. Javelin employee system.
Awful organisation
Steward (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London21 June 2019
I applied for this years wimbledon championships to be a steward, after a long difficult application process they finally sent an email saying I’d been offered an interview, however I couldn’t do the dates offered so I was assured I’d be emailed with future dates, this never happened, I emailed and called multiple times and never got through to anyone. Eventually a close friend who knew someone working there helped me reach someone and I booked myself an interview, the interview was slow and disorganised. Post interview, got an email saying I’d been given a place and was expected at the training day. All fine. THEN the night before the training day at 8.30pm I get an email saying not to come, I’m given two different excuses as for why. Irritated as I planned my summer around this job but i can’t say I’m particularly surprised. Many of my friends warned me about the awful organisation of this company.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Poor organisation and regard for workers
Competitive but hardworking environments
Event Steward (Current Employee) –  Across Scotland22 May 2019
I worked for g4s since 2017 as it gave me flexibility around my university studies and my friend recommended them. I found the multiple work environments and colleagues to work to a professional standard while maintaining a friendly and joyful atmosphere. I have throughly enjoyed working for g4s and would fully recommend this job to any one who is interested in it.
Pros
Flexible hours to your demand
Cons
Standing for long periods of time and occasionally in poor weather conditions
Flexible work
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh12 May 2019
* Perform pre-event safety checks, manage evacuation procedures and monitor potential safety incidents to ensure the public are kept safe at major sporting and music events.
* Ensure a high standard of customer care is provided to solve problems and answer any questions and queries.

Flexible working hours are perfect for students, as it allows them to decide when and where they want to work
Pros
felxible
Cons
not dependable long-term
Very flexible work hours ideal for students
Events Safety Steward (Former Employee) –  London8 January 2019
Flexible work hours, however, shifts where long and cold. Management was not good at explaining where to go and what to do if you are not familiar with attending football/rugby matches or gigs.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
most shifts where at weekends
enjoyable
Customer care stewards (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon14 November 2018
Everyone would motivated and ready to work. the group would all get along making the work easier as everyone would be keeping each other going. customers would be the biggest challenge while at work but everyone would be able to neutralise any situation and stay positive
Great fun workplace
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Sheffield1 November 2018
G4s is the job for you if you are looking for a fun and exiting environment to work in. You will be meeting lots of people with new challenges and experiences every time.
Pros
Paid Travel, paid lunches and accommodation depending on the shift and location.
Cons
0 hour contract
Not ideal long term
Steward (Former Employee) –  London14 October 2018
Good if you have other commitments and need to earn money in the evenings or weekends, but the rate of pay is poor and they would short pay you for the hours actually worked. Would work a typical evening shift but they would try and pay you for less than that, or if your shift lasted longer than the standard hours they would still try to short pay you. The enjoyable part of the job was making friends with other staff members and the different type of events that would take place.
The worst
Steward/Security (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
The worst company I've ever worked for, management are absolutely terrible, I was emailed the day before a shift at 9:30pm regarding work details, was back and fourth with my pay because they put it into a wrong account, even when you think you've registered for work you haven't been. The worst company there is absolutely nothing good about it all this headache for £8.
fantastic
Steward Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire26 September 2018
I got to work bright and early one morning to find that my boss had left me the keys to the stadium to open up before him and to get all the uniforms ready for the rest of the staff that was working that day .
Pros
free passes to town games
flexible and unique
Steward (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 August 2018
good as a secondary job , very rewarding, allows you to travel and visit different places and events and get paid for it.
Ideal if you are a university student as it lets you work when you want to.
Lots of friendly colleagues
Steward (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 August 2018
Colleagues are great to work with but management are a little too tense and stressed at times which does bring down the overall mood of the team. This can be very demotivating.
Slow, Standing
Steward (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire26 July 2018
Standing a lot and communicating with new people. Very slow work usually. No response from "mentors" when called upon, as "too many complaints to handle".
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low pay
productive
Steward/Security (Former Employee) –  Liverpool19 July 2018
G4S was a company that very much fitted around my lifestyle. It was a as of when contract, so I would only work on the days that I myself chose which was extremely helpful for me whilst studying at University.
Fun
Steward/Security (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire17 July 2018
This job allowed me to show my responsibility skills as the employer sometimes put me as a leader of certain places in stadium to keep everything running smoothly. I've stopped fight and stopped individuals from causing problems which shows that if I'm given a job I shall complete it to a high standard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K