G4S Employee Reviews for Steward

Found 99 reviews matching the search See all 10,288 reviews
enjoyable
Customer care stewards (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon14 November 2018
Everyone would motivated and ready to work. the group would all get along making the work easier as everyone would be keeping each other going. customers would be the biggest challenge while at work but everyone would be able to neutralise any situation and stay positive
Great fun workplace
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Sheffield1 November 2018
G4s is the job for you if you are looking for a fun and exiting environment to work in. You will be meeting lots of people with new challenges and experiences every time.
Pros
Paid Travel, paid lunches and accommodation depending on the shift and location.
Cons
0 hour contract
Not ideal long term
Steward (Former Employee) –  London14 October 2018
Good if you have other commitments and need to earn money in the evenings or weekends, but the rate of pay is poor and they would short pay you for the hours actually worked. Would work a typical evening shift but they would try and pay you for less than that, or if your shift lasted longer than the standard hours they would still try to short pay you. The enjoyable part of the job was making friends with other staff members and the different type of events that would take place.
The worst
Steward/Security (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
The worst company I've ever worked for, management are absolutely terrible, I was emailed the day before a shift at 9:30pm regarding work details, was back and fourth with my pay because they put it into a wrong account, even when you think you've registered for work you haven't been. The worst company there is absolutely nothing good about it all this headache for £8.
fantastic
Steward Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire26 September 2018
I got to work bright and early one morning to find that my boss had left me the keys to the stadium to open up before him and to get all the uniforms ready for the rest of the staff that was working that day .
Pros
free passes to town games
flexible and unique
Steward (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 August 2018
good as a secondary job , very rewarding, allows you to travel and visit different places and events and get paid for it.
Ideal if you are a university student as it lets you work when you want to.
Lots of friendly colleagues
Steward (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 August 2018
Colleagues are great to work with but management are a little too tense and stressed at times which does bring down the overall mood of the team. This can be very demotivating.
Slow, Standing
Steward (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire26 July 2018
Standing a lot and communicating with new people. Very slow work usually. No response from "mentors" when called upon, as "too many complaints to handle".
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low pay
productive
Steward/Security (Former Employee) –  Liverpool19 July 2018
G4S was a company that very much fitted around my lifestyle. It was a as of when contract, so I would only work on the days that I myself chose which was extremely helpful for me whilst studying at University.
Fun
Steward/Security (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire17 July 2018
This job allowed me to show my responsibility skills as the employer sometimes put me as a leader of certain places in stadium to keep everything running smoothly. I've stopped fight and stopped individuals from causing problems which shows that if I'm given a job I shall complete it to a high standard.
Events
Event Steward (Current Employee) –  Glasgow15 July 2018
Working at events is great, the events are varied from sports to concerts and can involve camping or staying in arranged accommodation around the country
Pros
working at different events all over the country
Cons
Zero hour contract
Great Job
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Scotland12 July 2018
They are very friendly and welcoming to new members of staff and are understanding of any problems or worries that you may have. I have learned how to be more confident when talking to larger groups. the most enjoyable part about the job is seeing the crowds enjoyment that you have managed to help them throughout the day.
Reserved
Event Steward (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 July 2018
Didn't really have the best of time here to be honest. I never felt fulfilled plus it wasn't the best place for foreigners because the work environment made you feel unwelcome
Decent job, but not without failings
Events Safety Steward (Former Employee) –  Liverpool15 June 2018
I signed up for G4S in March of 2107, and to their credit, the recruitment process was actually very rapid and convenient.

Work life was as expected and was challenging but mostly fun. Problems lie within the management, standards deviate depending on where you work and you will find that there are times when you are left alone for long periods of time with no further instruction or without breaks. And often many managers treat stewards like second class citizens and will punish the smallest mistakes with sometimes unreasonable severity.

Despite this however, it remains a decent paying job, however, actually finding shifts becomes a challenge, especially in the latter months of the year when little is going on.
Pros
Decent pay, challenging enough that every shift is unique, there is a chance to meet many different types of people
Cons
management is not ideal, not a job for people who don't like lots of standing
Great fun enviroment to work in, many opportunities to work at exciting events.
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh22 May 2018
What a class place to work.

You pick your own shifts and have the chance to work at some excellent events.

The opportunity is given to become a registered SIA security however just being a steward is fun enough.

The work is enjoyable and fulfilling.
Pros
good pay, flexible
Productive Workplace
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow11 May 2018
Friendly and helpful managers/supervisors. Always kept busy and are given regular and suitable shifts.
Most enjoyable part is the various locations I find myself at and the new experiences I have endured
Great work colleagues, Everything else much to be desired
Event Steward (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 May 2018
One of the if not the only positive thing about working for G4S was to meet and chat with colleagues from different backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities. One of the things that stayed with me in my time at G4S was being on the receiving end of a racist comment from a 'colleague' while working a shift at Burnley FC. Offender was wearing a orange hi-vis and was a fire steward if i recall correctly. Female.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Pay, Long Hours, Zero Hour Contracts
Fun place to start off your security experience
Steward (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh3 May 2018
I was excited when I was working with g4s as it helped me succeed my goals in knowing how to be a security steward n experience a variety off skills. It was also good to experience different stadiums n different kind off skills to take on to a future job.
Fun and good experience
G4S steward (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh26 March 2018
I learnt a lot of skills working for G4S as it was my first official job, working for them really boosted my confidence in talking to different people but also ask for help if I need it.
fun workplace
SIA event steward (Current Employee) –  Glasgow12 March 2018
learn a great respect on customer care
after 5 years with the company
each shift is different - met some fantastic people
if you dont like standing for long hours then this job is not for you
Cons
long hours - not many breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K