G4S Employee Reviews for Steward

Fun
Steward/Security (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire17 July 2018
This job allowed me to show my responsibility skills as the employer sometimes put me as a leader of certain places in stadium to keep everything running smoothly. I've stopped fight and stopped individuals from causing problems which shows that if I'm given a job I shall complete it to a high standard.
Events
Event Steward (Current Employee) –  Glasgow15 July 2018
Working at events is great, the events are varied from sports to concerts and can involve camping or staying in arranged accommodation around the country
Pros
working at different events all over the country
Cons
Zero hour contract
Great Job
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Scotland12 July 2018
They are very friendly and welcoming to new members of staff and are understanding of any problems or worries that you may have. I have learned how to be more confident when talking to larger groups. the most enjoyable part about the job is seeing the crowds enjoyment that you have managed to help them throughout the day.
Reserved
Event Steward (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 July 2018
Didn't really have the best of time here to be honest. I never felt fulfilled plus it wasn't the best place for foreigners because the work environment made you feel unwelcome
Decent job, but not without failings
Events Safety Steward (Former Employee) –  Liverpool15 June 2018
I signed up for G4S in March of 2107, and to their credit, the recruitment process was actually very rapid and convenient.

Work life was as expected and was challenging but mostly fun. Problems lie within the management, standards deviate depending on where you work and you will find that there are times when you are left alone for long periods of time with no further instruction or without breaks. And often many managers treat stewards like second class citizens and will punish the smallest mistakes with sometimes unreasonable severity.

Despite this however, it remains a decent paying job, however, actually finding shifts becomes a challenge, especially in the latter months of the year when little is going on.
Pros
Decent pay, challenging enough that every shift is unique, there is a chance to meet many different types of people
Cons
management is not ideal, not a job for people who don't like lots of standing
Great fun enviroment to work in, many opportunities to work at exciting events.
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh22 May 2018
What a class place to work.

You pick your own shifts and have the chance to work at some excellent events.

The opportunity is given to become a registered SIA security however just being a steward is fun enough.

The work is enjoyable and fulfilling.
Pros
good pay, flexible
Productive Workplace
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow11 May 2018
Friendly and helpful managers/supervisors. Always kept busy and are given regular and suitable shifts.
Most enjoyable part is the various locations I find myself at and the new experiences I have endured
Great work colleagues, Everything else much to be desired
Event Steward (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 May 2018
One of the if not the only positive thing about working for G4S was to meet and chat with colleagues from different backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities. One of the things that stayed with me in my time at G4S was being on the receiving end of a racist comment from a 'colleague' while working a shift at Burnley FC. Offender was wearing a orange hi-vis and was a fire steward if i recall correctly. Female.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Pay, Long Hours, Zero Hour Contracts
Fun place to start off your security experience
Steward (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh3 May 2018
I was excited when I was working with g4s as it helped me succeed my goals in knowing how to be a security steward n experience a variety off skills. It was also good to experience different stadiums n different kind off skills to take on to a future job.
Fun and good experience
G4S steward (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh26 March 2018
I learnt a lot of skills working for G4S as it was my first official job, working for them really boosted my confidence in talking to different people but also ask for help if I need it.

Want to know more about G4S?

Ask a question
fun workplace
SIA event steward (Current Employee) –  Glasgow12 March 2018
learn a great respect on customer care
after 5 years with the company
each shift is different - met some fantastic people
if you dont like standing for long hours then this job is not for you
Cons
long hours - not many breaks
A very busy arena which encourages team work and cross fertilisation of ideas.
SIA Licensed Security/Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Glasgow22 February 2018
A typical day at work is defined by safety and security briefs, and the assigning of staff members to various tasks, which must be executed in a professional manner. I have learned that I must be vigilant and pay attention to detail as a security officer/steward. The management is desirous of sharpening the skills of the staff members by ensuring they attend relevant courses on safety and security with reputable organisations overseeing the courses. The work culture is excellent as it is collaborative. The hardest part of the job is being assigned to oversee areas that could expose one to the inclement weather, however everyone is encouraged to kit up well to cushion the adverse effect of the weather. The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring that the job is executed in a professional manner while dealing with clients or spectators trying to access the Hall or event centre. Assisting clients or spectators in a very polite and courteous manner, without compromising fundamental principles is very interesting.
Pros
Provision of buses to staff members who are scheduled to work in distant places outside Glasgow.
Cons
At times you encounter spectators/clients/customers, who are rude and discourteous
fun experience
Steward (Former Employee) –  London29 December 2017
it was a fun experience seeing live events for free. Also ensuring that everybody got to and from an event in a safe way. Another aspect of this job that was refreshing was the amount of people who enjoyed the event with no hassle
It was a good job.
Steward (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 December 2017
It was a good job. The staff were friendly. I was able to chose my own working hours. I had the opportunity to experience a wide range of events in the UK.
productive and fun workplace
Steward (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne13 October 2017
enjoyed the job because the job involved a lot travel.
because of this, i know many places in the UK.
the payment was not bad, but because of lot of travel ,there should be a travel expenses. this is my opinion
Pros
noon
Cons
noon
Fun
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 October 2017
long hours but good fun and social side to work!!. met some ok people when working meet people up and down the country, overall quite good money isnt great though
Pros
social side
Nice Experience
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh25 September 2017
Lovely people very friendly and funny, make the day go by very quick, flexible work for safety stewards, well paid and enjoyable. Good for part time work on the side.
Very good for University students
Steward (Former Employee) –  Douglas, Isle of Man8 September 2017
Cameraderie formed with other job workers.

G4S gives decent training to those who are interested in working for them. My job allowed me to work flexibly and meet other students which made the time worth while. The wage I received for an 18 year old was more than appreciated.
Pros
Good team members
Cons
Long Hours
Fast paced but rewarding at times
Events Steward (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 September 2017
having worked here for 3 years i got to experience a lot off different enviroments.
football games, concerts, festivals and other various events.

Working football matches was quite fun as you got to interact a lot more with the general public.

the hardest part of the job was all the travelling.. we sometimes went up to glasgow for football matches or edinburgh for hogmanay
Pros
some of the staff are great
Cons
long travel, long hours
Great job as a student
Safety Steward (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh22 June 2017
Fantastic job. I got to meet some great people and had some brilliant experiences. I gained lots of exposure of working in a busy environment. The management were very helpful and friendly.