G4S Employee Reviews for Security Supervisor

Multinational Company
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ilfov30 October 2017
One of the best experience in my professional activity.
I was able to develop a multinational security knowledge and to apply international practice and standards.
Awful company.
Security Officer/Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove churchill sq.6 October 2017
This company is run by a bunch of cowboys. Days off are far and few between leaving you with a non existent home life. There is pay issues every month ( i am still owed nearly £1000 which they are refusing to pay ) the management could easily be replaced by chimps ( who would do a much better job ). The management also bully and harass you on a daily basis and when you raise a greivance to the area manager he just ignores you and does nothing about it. My strong reccomendation would be to stay well clear.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rarely get days off, always issues with pay, management bully and harrass on a daily basis.
preparing staff rosters and brief all staff.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 3 Station8 August 2017
g4s is a good company to work for. all staff work as a team including surpevisors. always ready to assist when assistance is required. provides us with full training.
Pros
subsidised canteen lunches are offered.
Cons
nil.
Fun place
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 May 2017
Great to be around new people every day it is really exciting to meet people. Directioning them was a huge factor within the firmand looking out for the really enjoyable time spent there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Generally good
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stafford crown court22 January 2017
Dealing with people coming and going from court building ,keeping the building calm if conflict.searches of people's bags and other belongings.daily paper work and reports .being part of a team.
Pros
I had good working hours
Various Shifts
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cumbria12 January 2017
Assignment Instructions for the workplace are all easy to follow so that you know what is required of you each day and whatever site you may be posted to.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Shiftwork
good place to work
Security supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside30 November 2016
i worked on many sites lots off work long hours but lots off good sites to work on and gain loads off experience meet lots off people as you move around the north west
Pros
easy going
Avoid if you can
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greet25 March 2016
Bullying from management to senior levels when you raise grievances. I would avoid because there are no chances of self-development. It is really a dead end job unless you have a brown nose or even want to grow one
Cons
bullying tactivs
Some interesting sites.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, various locations.25 March 2016
Carrying out various duties.
The public can be difficult at times.
Management was good.
Co-workers were a mixed batch.
Carrying out tasks outside ones remit.
Interacting with various people.
Pros
Overtime opportunities.
Cons
Long working hours.
Enjoyable but future is limited.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh City18 November 2015
Job is variable, enjoyable but not confident on where my current role is heading. Due to client structure and workplace reviews, I believe my job may be at risk and would rather be pro active as opposed to sitting and waiting to see what happens.
Pros
Flexible work locations.
Cons
Manning issues.
Overall a very good comapny to work for and to work with.
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harlow, ENG16 October 2015
My day starts either at 0430 hrs or 1700 hrs. I arrive on site and I am briefed on any incidents or problems over the last 12 hrs. I then proced to carry out ckecks of all CCTV cameras, Radios, Fire And Fence Alarm sysytems. Personal on site out of hours (Lone Working). Access & egress form a big part of the job along with patrolling. Liasing with staff, visitors and contractors is also an integral part of my job. I get along well with all of my colleagues and staff alike. I work well within the team and also can work alone if required. The hardest part of the job I see is initially learnign the new systems whic are being implemented within the site. The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking to the visitors who arrive at our reception. I like to think I get on very well with all of the managers on site. G4S and GSK included.
Pros
Good money
Great company
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Slough28 July 2015
Security checks
Securing the staff on site, access control
not that great
great team
Customer safety
Meeting new people every day
Enjoyed the work i did for G4S, Everyone was approachable
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG14 May 2015
I enjoy working with other people, I would like to develop my skills further. I learnt alot on how to develop my career and enjoyed the hours I worked
Pros
Friendly
Great team work
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ENG6 February 2015
Great team to supervise all three shift teams corresponded and agreed on how to react to things like clients staff not obeying the clients rules on car parking and blocking fire access to airside areas
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Great company to work for
Security Supervisor (Corporate) (Current Employee) –  Royal Bank of Scotland Bishopsgate8 April 2014
I have been with G4S for three (3) years and have found in that three years my ability to man manage on a proper civilian level. upon leaving my service life behind, I often found it hard to separate being a soldier with being a civilian.
The management and staff have all been instrumental in my rise to the top of my game. However, I am still looking to rise further hence my continued search.
Pros
Shifts and hours
Cons
The hiring of just anybody
Pleasant and exciting workplace
Security Officer / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ENG13 March 2014
A typical day of work consisted of working behind the scenes of an amazing venue providing a secure "back of house" environment. From the morning till evening you would remain at a specific location and check the passes of of people who are trying to gain access to restricted areas. In this role I learnt about public health and safety, as well as how to handle such a huge responsibility in such a high pressure environment. My co-workers were all young and roughly around the same age as me so I had pleasant working relationships with my colleagues. The hardest part of the job was the shift pattern and hours whereas the most enjoyable part was the being part of something that can only be experienced once in a lifetime.
Pros
Free lunch, drinks and the pay was good.
Cons
Very long hours and changing shift pattern.
Productive and fun workplace
Security Officer / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ENG3 March 2014
It started at 6:00 am in the morning, I was on a post up to 5:00 pm. We were not relieved for tea breaks or lunch because of shortage of security guards. The day was hectic and great number of expectorates turned up and there was no breathing space. At the end of the shift, the taxi driver came late and we got home late at about 10:00pm.

l learnt to be patient and to deal with every challenges that comes on my way.

The management was in disarray and could not handle the situation

Co-workers were hungry, angry and disquieted, some threatened not to turn up for work the next day.

The hardest part of the job was standing on our feet for 12 hours without breaks.

There was no enjoyment on that day due to circumstances that unfolded.
Pros
Free Lunches
Security Supervisor-Selfridges (Current Employee) –  London, ENG2 October 2013
Working as Security Supervisor gave me opportunity to develop my leadership and management skills .
Not the worst company to work for
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  north wales25 September 2013
All i can really say about G4S is that they're not the worst company to work for, given the size of the company the wages and benefits could, and really should be better, but again, they're not the worst.
Role Variation.
Security Supervisor. (Former Employee) –  London.2 June 2013
when first started working structure was predictable regarding duties as time went on and entered new contract job role became varied and this also involved Revenue duties on trains and platforms.but interesting and time rewarding.
Pros
Varied Duties.
Cons
Rotas not always readaly available and at short notice.