G4S Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Nice place to work
Security Officer (Tideway Project) (Former Employee) –  Sutton11 January 2018
Nice place to work I recommend everyone to apply in G4s it's a good company. I worked in G4s for about 7 years and I found it a good place to work. I must recommend it.
G4s the worst
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North East29 December 2017
The job itself is very easy to get to grips with. (obviously depending on what job you are doing) But G4S are the worst company I've ever worked for. Every policy is designed to rob you of any money/benefits, and all the managers seem to only be invested in your career if it helps themselves.

Countless times I have had to go over my managers head to make sure I paid the correct amount.

Constantly having to cover my own back as if I make one mistake, i pay for it out of my own pocket.
Pros
Cant think of any at the moment
Cons
Too many to list
Wages far too low
Full Time Relief Court Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham27 December 2017
Job itself is good,no day is the same,management are good,if i have any work issues they are approachable and helpful. The guards i work with are good people who are friendly and helpful.The main gripe is the hourly rate..far too low for the responsibilities that go with the job !! Hardest part of the job is dealing with kick offs / disputes. I do enjoy meeting people and communicating with people from different backgrounds though.
Pros
Work with some good, experienced guards in the company.
Cons
Hourly rate is poor
No life
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Scotland15 December 2017
Management no help at all won’t sort out your travelling expenses
When you first start because they don’t want to pay you them
Send you all over the place your just a number
Pros
Cons
Boring job
the last company to work with
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  England10 December 2017
Never ever to work with a company found stealing the public money , Ironically been banned by the government to bid for any futures contracts, BUT they been given more contracts after !!!
Never be in this dirty industry managed by corrupted people
work place staff
Security Officer (SIA Licence (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2017
staff that arent management are great and friendly, learning alot of face to face with public and clients, hardest part of the job would be to be sitting and doing nothing for hours at a time but also partly enjoyable if you work on your own as it has a relaxed vibe with no tension.
Pros
constant shifts and sometimes a great atmosphere
Cons
pay is too low and job advancment or site exchange not possible witout replacement
G4s
Senior Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lancashire20 November 2017
G4S as a company are very good your paid on time with no mistakes on your salary but management leave alot to be desired. Management seem to think that you do not have any kind of home life and it appears that you work for them all the time.
Pros
Paid on time and correctly
Cons
Bad management
a great company ruined by poor management at senior level.
MOBILE SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Manchester18 November 2017
Used to love working here,
however i was treated unfairly during a disciplinary.
Management are not prepared to kisten to anybody and are rude and arrogant.
Pros
ability to earna decent wage from "normal" shifts
Cons
Management are aresholes.
as disclosed in my cv
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 November 2017
Working with G4S has given me a good experience as a security officer to perform excellently well in the security role job. I have also had my SIA Licence by working with G4S
Pros
free lunches
Cons
excellent
Industry leader? Don't make me laugh
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester31 October 2017
I only did this job for so long because I'm not skilled enough to do anything else. The pay was appalling, conditions, at times, were hazardous to life & limb, management a joke, avoid at all costs.
Want to be a slave?
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  uk24 October 2017
Fancy never knowing where you are going to work from one day to the next, often getting it changed with no notice?

Fancy working for minimum wage in a job where you are just a number in a uniform?

Fancy having management constantly unavailable and any enquiries completely ignored?

Fancy never being able to get holidays booked?

Fancy working for a company that thinks paying the expenses you are due is optional whilst expecting you to find the money to travel thousands of miles a year?

Fancy experiencing racism, sexism and bullying on a regular basis and nothing being done about it?

If the answer to all these questions is yes then a frontline role with G4S is for you!
Pros
better than the dole, just.
Cons
see above
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnley11 October 2017
Very busy, at times, turnstile operating was fast, noisy, supervisors usually close by, hardest part was facing traffic end of shift as was joining motorways with around 10 to 20 thousand drivers for their destination.
Pros
Crowd spectating
Cons
Journey back home
Workplace and Company culture.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Reading Station, Berkshire23 September 2017
Although while working at G4S it had its perks and a steady paycheck, it was not a career based role. There were no opportunities to grow and develop. Also hard to maintain a good work life balance.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
No social life
Fun and flexible
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dagenham, Greater London6 September 2017
Great diverse place to work. Very flexible to individual needs. Competitive salary. If you want to build a career this would be a great place to start.
Fun work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Nationwide24 August 2017
Just get on with the job in hand and you will have no problems. Make sure that you are always on time or the coach is leaving you behind and sum days it can be long hours
relaxed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire23 August 2017
very laid back. don't really put the staff first.
I would work their again if things improved.
and the training was better and the wages where better.
Best time at AELTC
Security Officer/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London/Wimbledon5 August 2017
loved my time during working at AELTC Wimbledon.worked as Security Team Leader of VIP Transport Services for Players and all Players.Dealing with all the Players directly.
Pros
free learning
Cons
flexible hours
Great places to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow4 August 2017
Got to make new friends. Also the travelling to different work places got to see different cultures.
Also the different working environments change from day to day and week to week.
Pros
making new friends and working in different enviroments
Cons
cannot think of any
Poor pay, borderline insulting for the work load that gets piled onto you!
Court Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire25 July 2017
Minimum wage for working in a court with potentially volatile people, people off the street drunk, high, looking for trouble and then we are expected to find time to fill in numerous pages of paperwork, carry out our patrols and other duties, and then end up having to do jobs that should be down to court services but they would rather palm it off onto us than do it themselves.
Use us as handymen when it pleases them because they are too tight to put a job in and have to pay for it!!
Ludicrous workload and hours, for peanuts.
Cant say management is any better either, Barely a concern for anyone's welfare, just protect their own back.
Pros
Guaranteed hours
Cons
long stressful days, peanuts for pay, badly managed by both G4S and the courts, achievable work loads.
Very busy & productive day at work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff14 July 2017
Typical day at my current job is to sign into work and get yourself up to date on the days proceedings that we are going to cover. Patrol the back areas and service deck area of the site, then we are to proceed with unit fire tests and make sure each unit has a full fire check. For the rest of the day then we are to patrol the site and deal with deliveries and contractors.

Ive learned a lot since working at my current site, a lot of my learning has been customer service and controlling dealing with customers/incidents. I feel I have progressed a lot with various skills over the years such as CCTV, incident dealings, customer service, delivery enquiries, telephone incidents with clients and many more.

The hardest part of my job I feel there is only one, that is if we have an incident in a shop and there is a small child with the adult we are detaining and I feel there is always that awkwardness then of the small child and what he/she is witnessing.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being in a team and working together and getting through the day and jobs together and part of a team.
Pros
Shop discount
Cons
12 hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.