G4S Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  East Sussex6 June 2018
This role was extremely challenging at times, dealing with all types of different people in various places including lewes prison and Brighton job centre.
Pros
Good colleagues
So-so
Area Relief Court Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester23 April 2018
Used to work for them as an Area Relief Security Officer. As long as I worked in local courts it was alright however once asked to travel to the complete opposite site of my area (sometimes 30+miles journey one way) it was nightmare. Mostly because of traffic as well as costs of petrol. At one point I was asked to work like that for 2 weeks and what is the best: some idiots in the office who were planning that put another relief officer from the other area to work in mine instead of keeping us close to our sites! So I was travelling 60 miles a day and the other guy was doing the same from the other side! Wouldn't do that job again purely because of incompetence of staff from the main office!
Pros
Good lads to work with
Cons
Brainless main office staff
Management not supportive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Crick, Northamptonshire9 April 2018
Was good now not a nice place to be employed by the g4s management offers no support to staff only want to use them and give nothing in return which is a pity as good staff
Pros
Cons
As above
one of very few security companies that give you contracted hours.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Belfast21 March 2018
G4S was a good employer. I told them at my interview I was looking permeant security work and didn't want to be moved around to different locations. They got me a permeant site with another g4s guy who was brilliant to work with no issues there. all in all good company pay always right and on time, management could use a bit of an upgrade or reboot of new blood.
Pros
contracted hours, holiday pay
Cons
long hours, always recruiting
Rewarding
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ratcliffe on Soar, Nottinghamshire18 March 2018
Excellent company to be a part of . Managers recognise potential within staff an reward hard work , good rota patterns with a healthy salary . I personally worked with the G4S Gurkha company which has been an interesting journey .
Busy,no timre for fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winchester2 March 2018
Didn't really stay long enough to form much of an opinion nothing much more I can say,guarding ,an IT,premises in Winchester,providing a visible presence,around the campus 24 hours a day
Pros
None really
g4s as a company do not look after their staff very well
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sheffield21 February 2018
g4s as a whole are a company that does not value the staff they have. they do not offer feedback to how well they are doing nor do they take duty of care towards their staff
Pros
the pros are working at events that you may never get to otherwise
Cons
long hours, being contacted short notice, being expected to drop everything at a moments notice
Good helpful management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London21 February 2018
I enjoyed working with them they helped me me learn new things but also helped me on a personal level wen I had a tough time im my personal life very supportive.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Some management issues
Unacceptable and illegal working practices.
Secure Care Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes16 February 2018
Unacceptable and illegal working practices. Officer safety is minimal with risk of assault very high.
Officers expected to work 15 hour shifts with no break.
Management very poor and unprofessional towards staff.
On occasion staff are refused permission to leave after shift basically held against their will.
Staff treatment poor and often suspended without justification.
Food inedible and unhygienic.
Recent Ofsted report stated centre was WHOLLY INADEQUATE and deteriorating.
Nothing more to be said then that!
Pros
Time off and salary.
Cons
15hr+ shifts, no proper break, no personal safety, assaults on staff.
Over all good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London31 January 2018
First day of the work was very hard
I learned how to use the radio phonetics alphabets
Management is good
The site I am working on people are not good
Some time people don't respect
Supervisor is very funny.

Want to know more about G4S?

Ask a question
Professional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 January 2018
Having worked with G4S London Olympics and Paralympics Wimbledon championship tennis and few corporate site in London meeting new people and different culture and how to respect them

Management always easy to speak and willing to help. worked at Wimbledon championship and i keep going back because of the good experience with customers and staff i had
Pros
free lunch
Cons
12:00 hours
4 day week
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester16 January 2018
This job is very easy but you have to keep your mind active, otherwise you will end up failing as it us very easy to become complacent in this line of work.
Pros
4 day week
Cons
Not very good pay
enjoyable place to work
G4S Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester16 January 2018
Overall G4S is a nice vibrant team to work with, you get to travel the country and attend different events, you can meet new people from all sorts of backgrounds that all work as part of the same team.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
nothing to work up too.
im not recomended this place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rosyth, Fife16 January 2018
I wasnt treat properly when i was pregnant. Managment doesnt care about stuff. i enjoyed admnistration part of the role. I didnt like reception part, because is customer service and i didnt like it.
Nice place to work
Security Officer (Tideway Project) (Former Employee) –  Sutton11 January 2018
Nice place to work I recommend everyone to apply in G4s it's a good company. I worked in G4s for about 7 years and I found it a good place to work. I must recommend it.
Satisfactory
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire6 January 2018
Security is a very serious business with G4S and there is no compromise. Focus is also on getting the security officers with the right attitude and mindset to fill the roles. Although bullying is not tolerated, there are still few cases as well as management processes that addresses them.
G4s the worst
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North East29 December 2017
The job itself is very easy to get to grips with. (obviously depending on what job you are doing) But G4S are the worst company I've ever worked for. Every policy is designed to rob you of any money/benefits, and all the managers seem to only be invested in your career if it helps themselves.

Countless times I have had to go over my managers head to make sure I paid the correct amount.

Constantly having to cover my own back as if I make one mistake, i pay for it out of my own pocket.
Pros
Cant think of any at the moment
Cons
Too many to list
Wages far too low
Full Time Relief Court Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham27 December 2017
Job itself is good,no day is the same,management are good,if i have any work issues they are approachable and helpful. The guards i work with are good people who are friendly and helpful.The main gripe is the hourly rate..far too low for the responsibilities that go with the job !! Hardest part of the job is dealing with kick offs / disputes. I do enjoy meeting people and communicating with people from different backgrounds though.
Pros
Work with some good, experienced guards in the company.
Cons
Hourly rate is poor
No life
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Scotland15 December 2017
Management no help at all won’t sort out your travelling expenses
When you first start because they don’t want to pay you them
Send you all over the place your just a number
Pros
Cons
Boring job
the last company to work with
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  England10 December 2017
Never ever to work with a company found stealing the public money , Ironically been banned by the government to bid for any futures contracts, BUT they been given more contracts after !!!
Never be in this dirty industry managed by corrupted people