G4S Employee Reviews for Security Guard

Do not apply for a job with G4s they are full of crooks and lying scum
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Scotland19 September 2018
Most of there guards are over weight and unfit so don't expect any back up if things kick off most times a would try to eject a person the other G4s guards would hide and say they never heard any thing plus most of the managers are all pals act so if your looking for promotion prospects there none all a can say is DO NOT APPLY FOR G4S JOBS IF YOU LIKE YOUR HEALTH
Pros
When its time to go home thats if they let you
Cons
None what so ever, please take my advice, dont work for them, you will regret it, and if your reading some good reviews there fake and posted by there HR
Good employer
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Klaipeda20 March 2018
Nice Job, but low on salary pay. G4S is a very good company to work for.I always try to keep a positive attitude to show how much I enjoy my job. Professional Security Guards.
n/a
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Crawley24 February 2018
company is very strict but you have a lot of opportunitys within the company for different positions. what I enjoy is dealing with incidents and writing reports. Hardest part can be going to court as a witness to a incident
Pros
can take lunch whenever
Cons
too many days to work
customer support
Security guard/customer support officer (Current Employee) –  Belfast26 January 2018
"your just a bum on a seat", make you pay for your own license, ly in month, when contracts come up for review its generally cuts in staff or your hours as they cant legally pay you any less. like all companies profit goes to the top. Multinational company that hasn't the decency to pay you a proper living wage even with huge profits. stick with banks and supermarkets even they now pay a proper living wage hourly rate of £9 at least
long term employment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2018
good company for job security. I work a 9-5 position which suits my availability and so I have a good work/ life balance. there are sufficient break times and good management
Good place to work.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire9 December 2017
Good place to work and nice environment.but is management l don't like it because they don't care.apart from that everything is good I don't have problems with any body.
Zero hours contract
Security Guard/Door Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh1 November 2017
It's a good company to work for if you want a zero hours contract , you can pick and choose what hours suit you. There is quite a large turnover of staff.
There are lots of opportunities to work full or part-time.
Work the hours that suit you .
Pros
Zero hours contract
Cons
Most hours required are at night
Enjoyable
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Stockport22 October 2017
Working here was good, because you work in a team and your with these people everyday they almost become family. Management were good if you had an issues.
Management poor
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  West Midlands4 September 2017
Worked for this shower for 6 years and had to leave as the management in the west mids area wanted to get all their mates in cushtey jobs after they managed to lose loads of contracts and the normal blokes had to be messed about etc. You will see a lot more on the news as the management cannot think for themselves if its not on their how to be a manager book they ain't got a clue
Pros
Mone
Cons
Bosses are morons
Over worked
Static Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Midlands22 August 2017
Been with the company for about 4 months now, was promised set shifts at a certain site.

I have worked at "my site" for one shift, apart from that I have worked at many, many different sites all over the Midlands.

I am being over worked like crazy... 3, 4 or even 5 weeks of night shifts with no days off at minimum wage... If I raise a complaint with the hours, I am always fobbed off with some excuse and told "it's not always like this" etc etc.

As soon as I find another job I'm out of here as I want to spend time with my family. I haven't slept in the same bed as my partner for over 2 weeks now, it's a real shame that management don't care about guards wellbeing. Many people have left due to being over worked.
Pros
Tons of hours, easy work
Cons
Expected to work unlimited amount of hours, minimum wage, management have an answer to everything.

Want to know more about G4S?

Ask a question
Not a good atmosphere.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Southampton3 May 2017
Poor management at the top they dont know what goes on in the work place dont care about personel you are just a enother body they dont visit the place you work at to see if everthing is ok.
Pros
Cons
Long hours for minium wages
Very Good
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Leeds, UK2 March 2017
G4S looked after the staff and you had a great work life balance with this company in the retail sector. you could apply for more work via the interweb simple but great. Great company to work for.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Long days
busy and energising
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex7 February 2017
I work as a security guard patrolling 6 times a night and also watch cctv Also I deal with lost and found properties within the car park and helping with enquries. Hardest part of the job is dealing with travellers ordering foods in restaurants and not paying.
Pros
discounts in restaurants and free cineworld tickes
Cons
long days
The Company has employed me for 19years. Good company to work for.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Aviation3 January 2017
The Company I started with was Group 4 very good sending employees for training. Keeping personel records and certificates up to date.I have worked with the firm for 19years. Code of conduct towards employees good.
Pros
Parking facilities and cooking facilities
good place to work
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne26 November 2016
I have enjoyed working for this company and I am sorry that my work now is nearly ended. My colleagues were helpful. Some of my working days were long, sometimes I could work up to 16 hours a day. I have gained lots of experience from working with this company.
Pros
Good reputation
Cons
good hours but not very productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Gloucester8 August 2016
My day would consist of communicating with a team of 7 guards in a job centre plus office.
Directing customers, overseeing customer interviews, and being that physical presence. In event of verbal or any attempt of abuse to dwp staff, verbal persuasion or reasonable force would be used to remove the abusive customer from the building.
Pros
work in a good team
Cons
not many chances of promotion
Steer Clear
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh9 June 2016
One of the worst security jobs I have ever had - the company is just simply one of the worst professional experiences I have suffered.

I advise anyone to avoid security with G4S as best they can
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 June 2016
07.30 start, expect deliveries and staff arriving, sign in clients and send to relative floors, ad hoc cctv watch on all entry and exit points, alarm testing and patrolling, and the odd first aid call
Pros
friendly staff and subsidised food
horrible
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead31 May 2016
horrible company the worst experience i ever had totally ignorant, unprofessional, unreliable. not recommended at all
Boring
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London7 May 2016
Boring and long hours doing nothing. Terrible management. Messed up my pay a couple times. Lunch was terrible. No halal options,
Pros
decent pay