G4S Employee Reviews for Customer Care Specialist

Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 12,401 reviews
Busy and productive
Customer care officer (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire5 July 2019
I gained new skills and very good work experience at different sites
Customer care officer
Customer care officer (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire3 May 2019
Been working for G4S for last 10 years, pay is just above minimum wage which is rubbish considering what we do. No chances of advancement despite asking about it on numerous occasions. Just seen as a number to the company. Poor holiday entitlement.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay
It is certainly not a fun place to work, having to deal on a regular basis of many people who suffer mental breakdowns
Customer care officer (Current Employee) –  Bromley jobcentre8 June 2018
Overall there is a lack of understanding of the security officers needs, working and personal life. Working in jobcentres, is very tiring, even so, the breaks are paid, but very limited time off for lunch breaks, embarrassing having to finish off eating on floor , place of work, on many occasions.
Pros
Job Monday to Friday
Cons
Very poor pay
Good job great staff
Customer Care Officer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 May 2018
Good experience but could do with giving staff a fair chance of career progression. I was there for nearly 3 years and not got anywhere did the same job for the same pay the whole time.
I've got to book my holiday 16months in advance for it to be turned down 'to many people off site
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Brighton29 January 2018
Never see management no new uniforms having to book my holidays at least 10-16 months in advance to be told no as to many guards of site or in the area at one time
Pros
Regular work
Cons
Have to book holiday a year and half in advance for it to be turned down to many people of site.
fun/busy workplace
Customer Care Officer (CCO) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 May 2017
A normal work day can be extremely busy or very quiet. I have learnt how to manage different types of people in different situations. The culture at work is very well communicated. The hardest part of the job is dealing with verbally and physically abusive customer's in a humane way. However, work stays enjoyable due to kind co workers.
job is good company not so good
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh10 March 2017
job is good
management not so good
always want you to do favours for them but not into returning them
on the phone to you all the time but never answer your calls
Poorly run company
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne5 March 2017
Pretty standard line of work for security. Main problem however is the way its run and management. It's absolutely rotten from the core. Not a fun place to work or a good company to work for. They will have you pulling your hair out before long.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Shockingly run
Workplace can be boring at times
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Skegness, Lincolnshire24 February 2017
typical working day can be monotonous, basic training fairly poor, career progression minimal, management inconsistent, pay not brilliant.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Good, stable job
Customer Care Officer (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff18 December 2016
Going to work early in the morning, and leaving at 5, I believe that these hours were great, I learnt how to deal with the general public and can calm heated situations down, alright management, had good co-workers who helped me in situations. Overall this job was stable job that got me through.
Pros
proffesionalism
Cons
better management
worst company ive worked for
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Tyne and Wear14 December 2016
typical day at work is getting highly stressed as the job is so boring
what i learned is G4S has the worst communication i have ever seen they could not run a bath
management is a all i can say is dont know what they are doing tell you lies they lie that much they tell you different lies not knowing they already have
co-workers they are some good lads who ive worked with
hardest part off job is keeping your mouth shut and coming to terms that you work for this company
most enjoyable part of this job is laughing at how bad the company is
Pros
Cons
everything DO NOT WORK FOR G4S
Fun work place
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin1 November 2016
International with good,

reputarion...........
.......................
Huge contract and mine is with the department for work and pension. Which is permanent
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Dealing with Customer
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh City JCP13 March 2016
My peoples Skill have greatly enhanced I now feel more confident dealing with potential conflict which may arise during duty. I now know how important it is relying on my team colleagues and for them to depend on me as well.
the branch i wrok is a fun work place
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester4 March 2016
my typical day at work is to come in check all waiting area pre-check the entrance and make sure all health & safety is carried out. my co-workers are fun easy to get along with. hardest thing in my job is customer refusing to leave the officer and the enjoyable part in my office is friday & xmas
enjoyable place to work
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Leven, SCT18 December 2015
typical day is making sure the bar is ready for the shift ahead making sure you are all stocked up and that your register is correct before you start to serve. i have have had alot of experience working in a few bar buti have learn that not all bars are the same the member club that is is diofferent from other places i have worked. all the staff are a joy to work with and when we have event in the function hall we all have blast whislt still providing greta customer service. hardest part is the late finsh on a function night. most enjoyable is the staff and customers
Pros
great working enviroment and staff
Cons
very unsocialable working hours
It is a job
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Bathgate11 August 2015
Staff make it enjoyable to work in the job. I found that I didn't have enough work to do on a daily basis. I also found lack of information from Management was a problem for me and my co-workers.
Pros
Mon to Fri 9 till 5
Cons
Workload was not enough
Responsible Job
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Macclesfield, ENG4 August 2015
Part of a two man team, covering two daytime shifts with no weekend work, makes this a pleasant occupation, good pay also for the Security industry.
Pros
Good friendly environment
Cons
No need for shift hours presently in forse
Customer Care Officer (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2015
Good and fun place to work
big organisation structure and need to have good terms with the Line manager to be able to work effectively
excellent variety of work
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Leven, Kennoway and Largo, SCT11 October 2013
the company in a whole are great. the sites change from day to so i have to adapt to the site i am put to. a typical day well there is not one what the the enviroment the job is. I have learned so much eg difference between both Scottish and English law,data protection, and various things within the DWP. My co workers are great always there for if you need help or information and their to support you when and if needed. The hardest part of th job is keeping a cool had when a situation happens thankfully i can do so. the most enjoyable part is knowing i have helped even just one customer and being thanked for doing my job well.
Pros
full time great work mates good pay
Cons
risk of being hit and threatened