G4S Employee Reviews in Newcastle upon Tyne

I enjoyed the job at first then it went downhill
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne31 July 2017
In the last two years of my job they put more and more pressure on me in percentages and they altered the bonus sisstem i also suffered from depression as result of the above
Pros
Cons
45 hours per week
Stressful and not secure
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear5 May 2017
Hi G4S has gone through a recent change and currently working here is stressful and very insecure. There are more and more people getting released as the months go on. Although these people are temps it wont be long before Perm staff feel the hit. If there wasnt this job insecurity then i believe G4S would be a brilliant place to work.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Job security
Poorly run company
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne5 March 2017
Pretty standard line of work for security. Main problem however is the way its run and management. It's absolutely rotten from the core. Not a fun place to work or a good company to work for. They will have you pulling your hair out before long.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Shockingly run
An extremely stressful, but rewarding working environment
Utility Services Emergencies Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne28 December 2016
Because of the nature of the job, dealing with consumer emergencies, where they have either no gas or electric, each day brings fresh challenges.

The role has taught me a lot about customer services and how to go the extra mile to ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved. In peak times, winter, we deal with over 300 emergencies a day. Each emergency has to be attended within 3 hours to avoid financial penalties to the company.

As a manager I have to build strong bonds with all members of my team as well as the engineers in the field.

The most difficult part of the job is when we are unable to attend an emergency that day and customers are left without gas or electric overnight.

The most satisfying aspect of the job is when we achieve our target of attending 95 per cent of all emergencies within the OFGEM regulatory 3 hour time frame
Pros
Job satisfaction when targets are achieved
Cons
Sometimes having to work 15 hour days when extra cover is required
good place to work
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne26 November 2016
I have enjoyed working for this company and I am sorry that my work now is nearly ended. My colleagues were helpful. Some of my working days were long, sometimes I could work up to 16 hours a day. I have gained lots of experience from working with this company.
Pros
Good reputation
Cons
Gave me customer service experience
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne27 October 2016
I was only there on a temporary basis for a couple of months, the training was only 1 day which I found unacceptable, working balance was fine and I trained new comers but was the 1st person to be terminated form the company even though I was never late and never sick
Pros
Cons
training
No Job security
GSOP Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne1 September 2016
I have enjoyed working at G4S for many years and i look forward to every day of work however there is no job security within the company which is my main reason for leaving.
Friendly Environment
Appointment Booker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG17 December 2015
While working here it was a good warm welcoming place to work however being on a zero hour contract made it complicated as it meant you weren't allowed to get ill pretty much.
Was OK...
Inbound customer service (Former Employee) –  Newcastle25 October 2015
Management only liked you if got along with them, not professional! was boring at times. No praise from management, really hard to progress
Pros
laid back
Cons
poor management
Dynamic, challenging and friendly
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne1 October 2015
G4S Utility Services is a very dynamic and vibrant company. With it being part of a large global organisation, it is challenging and demanding given you scope to learn and develop. It has a friendly atmosphere with a supportive management structure.
Pros
friendly atmosphere and free car park
fun workplace
Receptionist / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG20 August 2015
good management in my department. fun place to be, although sometimes very busy.
People very friendly, and willing to help and accomodate any request you may have. many opportunities to progress from one department to another, although some departments apparently not fun to work at.
Reception and administration side was great though.
dreadful
Contact centre advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle18 August 2015
This place was a shambles the training was good but the manager was poor they used to always put you down and i never got paid for some of the sales i made.
DO NOT work here
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Newcastle8 July 2015
Normally, I would state "dependent on which department you work for, so-and-so can be fine to work for". I cannot do this for this company.

They do not care about their staff, and the ones who have high up management positions have only got there due to longevity, brown-nosing, and crushing others in their path.

The pay is laughable, and a lot of people working on the same department, at the same level, are not paid in the same wage bracket - leaving huge gaps which previous managers have had staff jumping through further flamed hoops to get.
Managers attempt to use passive aggressive tactics to guilt you into working extra hours for nothing.

The employment turnover is insane. This isn't just in the temporary staffing positions, where people walk out every single day, but it is in permanent staffing areas as well. They do not hire replacements quickly if at all, yet promise their customers the same level of experience as previously given (which is still poor).

Bid and sales teams lie to customers to get their contracts without thinking about the logistics of the deal they're making, which is adding pressure to all departments when the contract is won, and produces devastating results where the customers are continuously let down, and the staff are blamed for it (with bid and sales team nowhere in sight).

Field staff are also expected to be able to work miracles to fix issues which stem from internal system faults, and higher management aren't interested in the reasons why they can't do this,

Basically, if you want to work somewhere where they like to ignore
  more... the real issues and bury their heads in the sand, you'll want to look after ostriches.

In fact, you'd probably get more support (and far better pay) from them.
Pros
...
Cons
The place to work
Everyday
Business Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG6 July 2015
Good work place with a lot of opportunity to grow, develop and learn new things. Friendly teams and really good atmosphere.
Fun Workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle29 June 2015
Fun work place working around Olympians. Working hours were well organised and suited to all the employees needs. The job was sometimes stressful but you were always kept on your feet.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG3 April 2015
I really enjoyed this job.
A typical day would involve a steady stream of planned workload.
I learned about different systems and deadlines.
I got on really well with both management & co workers.
I can't really say there was a hardest part. As long as all concentration is on my work I can get there.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and learning.
Pros
Near to where i live
Cons
The fact that my job was outsourced to India
G4s
Temp contract (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG30 January 2015
Mainly an office based role due to volume of documentation required for completion after taking on another business and bringing them into compliance
Pros
Good team of nice people
Cons
lack of training and explanation of tasks
Not a nice place to work
Appointment Booker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG27 May 2014
I feel my time at G4S was bad experience. Certain member of staff were very unfair and the overall environment was very unprofessional. You job was constantly threatened if targets were not hit.
Pros
Agents, Food
Cons
Management, Targets, Favoritism
productive fun workplace
Data Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG10 May 2014
banter between work colleagues very good
working on own
time management
dealing with elderly people
Pros
dealing with people
Good working enviroment
Vault Officer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle Upon Tyne13 March 2014
Processing cash.
The biggest skill i learnt was working as part of a team.
Helpfull managment.
I enjoyed working with all my co-workers.
I am a quick learner so find it easy to pick up the hardest parts well.
I enjoyed working with co-workers and they are life time friends.