G4S Employee Reviews in Manchester

4 day week
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester16 January 2018
This job is very easy but you have to keep your mind active, otherwise you will end up failing as it us very easy to become complacent in this line of work.
Pros
4 day week
Cons
Not very good pay
a great company ruined by poor management at senior level.
MOBILE SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Manchester18 November 2017
Used to love working here,
however i was treated unfairly during a disciplinary.
Management are not prepared to kisten to anybody and are rude and arrogant.
Pros
ability to earna decent wage from "normal" shifts
Cons
Management are aresholes.
as disclosed in my cv
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 November 2017
Working with G4S has given me a good experience as a security officer to perform excellently well in the security role job. I have also had my SIA Licence by working with G4S
Pros
free lunches
Cons
excellent
Industry leader? Don't make me laugh
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester31 October 2017
I only did this job for so long because I'm not skilled enough to do anything else. The pay was appalling, conditions, at times, were hazardous to life & limb, management a joke, avoid at all costs.
Fast paced but rewarding at times
Events Steward (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 September 2017
having worked here for 3 years i got to experience a lot off different enviroments.
football games, concerts, festivals and other various events.

Working football matches was quite fun as you got to interact a lot more with the general public.

the hardest part of the job was all the travelling.. we sometimes went up to glasgow for football matches or edinburgh for hogmanay
Pros
some of the staff are great
Cons
long travel, long hours
Long hours,
Full Time Security (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 July 2017
Undervalued and over worked. Fetch me carry me and your just a contractor do as your told attitude from employer and contract. No advancement in career and if your actually good and attentive in your job be prepared to never move, but if poor you tend to get better sites with more money.
Pros
Close to home
Housekeeper
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester13 June 2017
A typical day at work was busy but managable, supervisors where alway around to tend to any problens if they occured
Work place was friendly
The hardest part of thejob was being on your feet for a long period of time
The most enjoyable part would be seeing the outcome of my work
Pros
Unpaid lunch breaks
fun place to work
Event Steward/Security (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 June 2017
I always enjoyed going to work and they are a great company, the only problem is that it was a zero hour contract but there was always work available but a lot of late nights
Fun To Work for
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 May 2017
You would start of by being put in a position , for the said assignment of the day , whether be it an foot ball event or working in a TV studio. Your objective is safety of Others , and to provide a exception experience for members. The managers for the Manchester base of work are great and easy to get along with, compliant to needs and great mentors. Any one looking to gain customer service skills should apply.
Pros
flexibe working hours
Cons
maybe sometimes not enough work when you need it.
Good team ethics and camaraderie, supportive, informative.,
Event staff (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 April 2017
Meet greet, smile, assist, be alert, listen to instructions.
Team work and supporting each other pays off.
Friendly and approachable.
Professional attitude.
Standing out in inclement weathers for 10 hours.
Assisting, ensuring safety and smooth running at an event.
Pros
Team working
Cons

Want to know more about G4S?

Ask a question
Poor Supervisors and Job Allocation
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 January 2017
Working as a zero hours contract increases flexibility in balancing work/personal/academic life, however supervisors had personal preferences for allocating jobs to staff they knew and liked over other members of staff reducing available opportunities to select shifts around academic timetable.

Additionally supervisors at a famous football training academy would call within an hour prior of shift commencemetn to be undertaken and if unavailable to take the shift at the "last minute" supervisors held this against staff for future shift selection and allocation. Overall poor management and supervisor skills resulting in less professional and more personal management styles.
Pros
Flexibility in job and shift selection for zero hour contracts
Cons
Management / Staff relations creating unequal opportunties in shift selection
Good company to work for
Steward (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 January 2017
plenty of opportunities. can pick when and where you want to work. Given free training. Can have other jobs as well to pick up extra money. Free uniform
Pros
Free uniform and training
Cons
constant contact. Sometimes barraged with emails or txts
really bad place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 January 2017
Long hours but good money, no dinner cause always busy.
working 10-15 hours per day one of the hardest jobs ive done.
Management really poor always telling people if you dont do it they will sack you
Pros
money
Cons
hours
revenue protection officer
revenue protection officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 January 2017
loved working here looked after you really well any problems you ring and someone was there either same day or day after wish I didn't have to leave I only left cos I needed more hours and none were available at the time loved this company they really did stand by you in everything you did always there for me and I would never have left only for short hours
Great time working there
Steward (Current Employee) –  Manchester12 December 2016
I met great people and had fun watching rugby matches
If the event is in another city, usually they will provide with a bus and extra money for traveling
Pros
Fun environment, free tea and cookies (depending on the event), sometimes very very relaxing and easy tasks
Cons
Long hours, standing
Tedious and unrewarding.
Steward (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 June 2016
Typical day at work involved standing and stewarding a certain area for the most part of 6 hours. Customer interactions were pleasant and at times the only satisfying part of the job.
the branch i wrok is a fun work place
Customer Care Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester4 March 2016
my typical day at work is to come in check all waiting area pre-check the entrance and make sure all health & safety is carried out. my co-workers are fun easy to get along with. hardest thing in my job is customer refusing to leave the officer and the enjoyable part in my office is friday & xmas
good company but if after full time hours event work not for me
events security steward (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG2 February 2016
got job as event security but didnt work out for myself regards hours e.t.c. plus your not paid while you are traveling to the job / event .
Pros
transport provided to events
experienced guard
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, ENG16 November 2015
You can get lucky and get a good site. Good shift pattern if lucky again. Can be easy money. Job security is good. Advance to supervisor is easy cos no one wants it. Beyond that , no chance.
The biggest problem G4 has is the management. I have never meet so many true psycho's. And I was in the army.
Join if you want, take your wage and avoid any manager ever time
Pros
easy work
Cons
manager, s
Event based work, unstable and insecure
Customer Care Steward/SIA Licenced security (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG26 October 2015
Overall very interesting, securing events for the public all over the country although the job itself held little chance for advancement and very little security.
Pros
Freedom of choice in possible shifts
Cons
Very little job security