G4S Employee Reviews in London

Not ideal long term
Steward (Former Employee) –  London14 October 2018
Good if you have other commitments and need to earn money in the evenings or weekends, but the rate of pay is poor and they would short pay you for the hours actually worked. Would work a typical evening shift but they would try and pay you for less than that, or if your shift lasted longer than the standard hours they would still try to short pay you. The enjoyable part of the job was making friends with other staff members and the different type of events that would take place.
The worst
Steward/Security (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
The worst company I've ever worked for, management are absolutely terrible, I was emailed the day before a shift at 9:30pm regarding work details, was back and fourth with my pay because they put it into a wrong account, even when you think you've registered for work you haven't been. The worst company there is absolutely nothing good about it all this headache for £8.
Account management
Account Director, Thames Tideway Tunnel Project (Current Employee) –  London, UK3 September 2018
Key Account management of a large contract. Very busy project with multiple requirement and constant juggling of priorities. Customer facing and dealing with customers was excellent and progressive. A great role and project, with excellent people who want to do a great job.
Pros
Busy exciting and changing environment
Cons
24/7 business
Bad
Area Service delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2018
G4S has good intentions but can't deliver.They work on a minimal cheap budget and can not meet there targets frontline staff are amazing but have to work with very little support
Least capable company ever worked for.
MANAGER - Corporate banking contract (Former Employee) –  London28 August 2018
Company strategy has no obvious flexibility and therefore doesn't work well in environments not fully controlled by the company. Support is weak for employees.
great company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 August 2018
Very flexible and good management, great work culture, amazing benefits and pay rates, great rewards and incentives, great ways of progression and development
Pros
Free Uniform
Cons
Long Hours
Not a great company to work for
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London12 August 2018
I felt G4S was only concerned about it's profits and shareholders and didn't care too much for the job satisfaction of it's staff.

In the latter stages of my time at G4S, there was a change within the Executive team (CEO, COO and Financial Director), which I believe could change this around or at least improve on what I had experienced, hence my approval of the CEO.
Ok ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London5 August 2018
Great job for keeping active, however; some expectations are too high for operatives.

Planning from Management Team is very last minute and not well thought through.

Trying to run a service with the smallest budget.

Money good, but not worth the agro that goes with it.
good training
Secure Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 July 2018
excellent place to work with lots of opportunities to advance your career. learn a lot about all aspects of security and also updating an improving driving and safety skills.
Pros
uniform, equipments
Cons
hours can be long
Security Officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London21 May 2018
The events they handle are amazing. You get to travel to a new location every week so you're exposed to so much more and get a real job satisfaction from that.
intresting place to work at
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London1 May 2018
I was there only for short time but during this time i noticed this company is very well structured and well orgenised. good money however i worked long hours.
Pros
good money
Cons
long shifts
Very nice and equal company, fair and lovely company
Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  London, England10 April 2018
Its an awesome company and awesome job would never want to leave all staff memebers very polite and the company has never given me a hassle always kept me happy and enjoying i frankily love my job.
good work experience
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  London26 February 2018
A good place to work, I managed to meet lovely people and some amazing individual with vision and talent. working with the4 company help me a lot in management aspect of it.
Over all good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London31 January 2018
First day of the work was very hard
I learned how to use the radio phonetics alphabets
Management is good
The site I am working on people are not good
Some time people don't respect
Supervisor is very funny.
Professional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 January 2018
Having worked with G4S London Olympics and Paralympics Wimbledon championship tennis and few corporate site in London meeting new people and different culture and how to respect them

Management always easy to speak and willing to help. worked at Wimbledon championship and i keep going back because of the good experience with customers and staff i had
Pros
free lunch
Cons
12:00 hours
long term employment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2018
good company for job security. I work a 9-5 position which suits my availability and so I have a good work/ life balance. there are sufficient break times and good management
fun experience
Steward (Former Employee) –  London29 December 2017
it was a fun experience seeing live events for free. Also ensuring that everybody got to and from an event in a safe way. Another aspect of this job that was refreshing was the amount of people who enjoyed the event with no hassle
Good company to start out with they gave me big opportunities working in a vast range of environments from events to Government contracts.
DS security (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 December 2017
I experienced a good working relationship with management & never found it hard to voice concerns & I enjoyed the team I worked with London & outter London.
Pros
Free lunch was some times provided depending on location, if working out of London free lunch breakfast & dinners also travel
Cons
Long hour but goes with the nature of the job
work place staff
Security Officer (SIA Licence (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2017
staff that arent management are great and friendly, learning alot of face to face with public and clients, hardest part of the job would be to be sitting and doing nothing for hours at a time but also partly enjoyable if you work on your own as it has a relaxed vibe with no tension.
Pros
constant shifts and sometimes a great atmosphere
Cons
pay is too low and job advancment or site exchange not possible witout replacement
Demanding Utilitiy meter reader
G4S utilities (Former Employee) –  London9 November 2017
When you have not been with a company or business long enough to comment good or bad I find it is best not to do or say anything that could be deemed as predjust.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Competion high targets