G4S Employee Reviews in London

Found 202 reviews matching the search See all 10,250 reviews
Nice place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2019
Very busy but relaxed place have a laugh.

Systems quite old learned a a lot working here would recommend, they are flexible with family commitments and with appointments
Pros
always nice food
Cons
expected too much some times
Great temporary job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London19 November 2018
I was working during the olympics which was a very fun and interesting Experience also once in a life time within your own country you get to work for the olympics 2012
Pros
£20 off Waitrose or Caribbean scene for lunch. Zones 1-6 free public transport
Largest employer in the world but also the worst
Ambukance care assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 November 2018
After working at G4S you can be confident that you will never experience a worse employer. Incompetent, authoritarian, duplicitous management ruin you
Pros
Nothing apart from having an occasional laugh with your colleagues
Cons
Dickensian working conditions, no sick pay, no future, poor pay, awful management
It's fast working environment
CASH IN TRANSIT DRIVER (Current Employee) –  London25 October 2018
Fun and friendly staff, days can be long with lots of jobs to complete but you come across lots of nice people as you do your deliveries.

You can be sent to anywhere in London to do your deliveries, hardest part is not knowing the trip and the heavy lifting, best part is you are getting out and about getting to know London a lot better, the crews all look out for each other and only a phone call away if you need help with your trip.
Not ideal long term
Steward (Former Employee) –  London14 October 2018
Good if you have other commitments and need to earn money in the evenings or weekends, but the rate of pay is poor and they would short pay you for the hours actually worked. Would work a typical evening shift but they would try and pay you for less than that, or if your shift lasted longer than the standard hours they would still try to short pay you. The enjoyable part of the job was making friends with other staff members and the different type of events that would take place.
Nice Company and Industry to work in but it is ruined by some of the people
CCTV Operator (Current Employee) –  London13 October 2018
The salary is fine for the work you are doing and you always have to choice of working more to get more money or your standard shifts so that you can enjoy your life.

The real problem for me is the quality of people you are working with either your direct colleagues or your higher ups.

It seems absurd to me that you would hire people that can barely speak the language (let alone write) and keep them regardless of how many failures they have, just because you need the man-power.

And that's where management comes in, some of them are great guys, interested in what they are doing and have awesome people skills.

But some of them are not only utterly incompetent but also have the worst attitudes ever, thinking they are in the military or something barking orders like mad men.

And the only reason they are in that position is because they know somebody regardless again of the quality of their work.

I guess it's the same everywhere but I got to say I've felt it the most in this company.

In conclusion if you get a good team, you'll have a blast, if not, find another job.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay for what you are doing
Cons
Major problem of quality workforce which can bring down morale
The worst
Steward/Security (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
The worst company I've ever worked for, management are absolutely terrible, I was emailed the day before a shift at 9:30pm regarding work details, was back and fourth with my pay because they put it into a wrong account, even when you think you've registered for work you haven't been. The worst company there is absolutely nothing good about it all this headache for £8.
Account management
Account Director, Thames Tideway Tunnel Project (Current Employee) –  London, UK3 September 2018
Key Account management of a large contract. Very busy project with multiple requirement and constant juggling of priorities. Customer facing and dealing with customers was excellent and progressive. A great role and project, with excellent people who want to do a great job.
Pros
Busy exciting and changing environment
Cons
24/7 business
Bad
Area Service delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2018
G4S has good intentions but can't deliver.They work on a minimal cheap budget and can not meet there targets frontline staff are amazing but have to work with very little support
Least capable company ever worked for.
MANAGER - Corporate banking contract (Former Employee) –  London28 August 2018
Company strategy has no obvious flexibility and therefore doesn't work well in environments not fully controlled by the company. Support is weak for employees.
great company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 August 2018
Very flexible and good management, great work culture, amazing benefits and pay rates, great rewards and incentives, great ways of progression and development
Pros
Free Uniform
Cons
Long Hours
Not a great company to work for
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London12 August 2018
I felt G4S was only concerned about it's profits and shareholders and didn't care too much for the job satisfaction of it's staff.

In the latter stages of my time at G4S, there was a change within the Executive team (CEO, COO and Financial Director), which I believe could change this around or at least improve on what I had experienced, hence my approval of the CEO.
Ok ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London5 August 2018
Great job for keeping active, however; some expectations are too high for operatives.

Planning from Management Team is very last minute and not well thought through.

Trying to run a service with the smallest budget.

Money good, but not worth the agro that goes with it.
good training
Secure Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 July 2018
excellent place to work with lots of opportunities to advance your career. learn a lot about all aspects of security and also updating an improving driving and safety skills.
Pros
uniform, equipments
Cons
hours can be long
Security Officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London21 May 2018
The events they handle are amazing. You get to travel to a new location every week so you're exposed to so much more and get a real job satisfaction from that.
intresting place to work at
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London1 May 2018
I was there only for short time but during this time i noticed this company is very well structured and well orgenised. good money however i worked long hours.
Pros
good money
Cons
long shifts
Very nice and equal company, fair and lovely company
Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  London, England10 April 2018
Its an awesome company and awesome job would never want to leave all staff memebers very polite and the company has never given me a hassle always kept me happy and enjoying i frankily love my job.
good work experience
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  London26 February 2018
A good place to work, I managed to meet lovely people and some amazing individual with vision and talent. working with the4 company help me a lot in management aspect of it.
Over all good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London31 January 2018
First day of the work was very hard
I learned how to use the radio phonetics alphabets
Management is good
The site I am working on people are not good
Some time people don't respect
Supervisor is very funny.
Professional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 January 2018
Having worked with G4S London Olympics and Paralympics Wimbledon championship tennis and few corporate site in London meeting new people and different culture and how to respect them

Management always easy to speak and willing to help. worked at Wimbledon championship and i keep going back because of the good experience with customers and staff i had
Pros
free lunch
Cons
12:00 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K