G4S Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Lots of friendly colleagues
Steward (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 August 2018
Colleagues are great to work with but management are a little too tense and stressed at times which does bring down the overall mood of the team. This can be very demotivating.
Poor equipment
Cash in Transit Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 March 2018
The vans are hopeless, if you go a week without breaking down its an achievement, equipment is hopeless. Poor management. The only good thing is the other drivers, most days are between 10-12hrs but it's a dying trade with all the bank closures. Greedy Shareholders won't release money for new vans/equipment only going to get worse.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
Dying trade, getting your head kicked in for £11.50 an hour
Wages far too low
Full Time Relief Court Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham27 December 2017
Job itself is good,no day is the same,management are good,if i have any work issues they are approachable and helpful. The guards i work with are good people who are friendly and helpful.The main gripe is the hourly rate..far too low for the responsibilities that go with the job !! Hardest part of the job is dealing with kick offs / disputes. I do enjoy meeting people and communicating with people from different backgrounds though.
Pros
Work with some good, experienced guards in the company.
Cons
Hourly rate is poor
It was a good job.
Steward (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 December 2017
It was a good job. The staff were friendly. I was able to chose my own working hours. I had the opportunity to experience a wide range of events in the UK.
Not Enough Support
Prison Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 October 2017
Expected to work through the hour break you have on a 12 hour shift management dont want to help you or listen to concerns often left to work alone as colleagues dont want to help and just sit around in office leaving new people to pick up all the slack then degrade them in staff meetings by blaming new starters for all the things going wrong. you work 60+ hours every week without a choice and no breaks A/L was given to me without even been giving a chance to pick. Over all its a shambles!!!
Pros
Cons
everything !
Terrible place to work
Cit cash solutions driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 July 2017
Poor management..rubbish equipment..treated like dirt and expected to work up to 14 hour days if the management say "it's gotta be done"..stay away from g4s cash solutions even if you're on the dole. .it's an awful place to work..morale is currently below 0....
Pros
There's free toilet paper
Cons
Long hours..
security/steward
Security/Steward (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 April 2017
Great company to work for, was able to attend many events and no two days were ever the same. Some days you had the greatest friendly patrons and others i was faced with difficult situations but was able to diffuse correctly due to the substantial training i had beforehand.
working hard and but time gone very quick / fun at work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 February 2017
working as team helping each others lot of fun always enjoy at work
always time keeping and be professional . only want to change because of money hope ok
Good shifts
Prison custody officet (Current Employee) –  Birmingham1 November 2016
Often short staffed, multi tasking and managing workload for staff shortage. Demanding and challenging job. Varied role.
good working environment
Steward/Security (Current Employee) –  Birmingham23 June 2016
This job helps you progress certain skills like, communication and it helps you gain confidence when you have to interact with the public. Keeping a smile on your face and helping people out are the main things to be successful in to be able to enjoy this job.

You as a person get to experience different working environments, in all types of weather conditions and various working hours. Co-workers are very friendly and supportive as well as the supervisors. The hardest part of the job is to always stay aware of your surroundings and people around you and what is going on, on the day.
Pros
different experiences
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 June 2016
07.30 start, expect deliveries and staff arriving, sign in clients and send to relative floors, ad hoc cctv watch on all entry and exit points, alarm testing and patrolling, and the odd first aid call
Pros
friendly staff and subsidised food
Enjyable and different...
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG4 January 2016
Excellent colleagues to work with, very interesting days and very understanding manager, easy to access details of working schedule online.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay!
learn new things everyday
Stewarding/ security officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG26 October 2015
a typical day at work is searching everyone that comes through the turnstiles to make sure they don't bring anything banned or illegal in the premises. Everyday I learn how people try to sneak prohibited objects in to the premises so we all know where to look next time.

the management are kind and they are there to help with any problems that any of the staff have. If you respect and protect your co-workers they will treat you the same way as expected.

The hardest part of the job is making sure no one causes any trouble so that everyone can have a good time and enjoy themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people having a good time and respecting and talking to you in a respectful manner.
Safety steward (Former Employee) –  birmingham12 October 2015
Good place to work with a lot of fun events, staff is also very friendly. Good experience helps to develop confidence and communication skills.
Fun and relaxed
Sia security guard and steward (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG7 October 2015
Going to different venues is a bonus and alot of fun.Festivals and big events opens your eyes to new things.Meet alot of new friends and make up a great team.
Pros
Different work places.
Cons
Long Hours
Promotes career advancement
Technical Supply Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 September 2015
I joined G4S as a CVIT driver and left having held multiple national level management roles. G4S tends to work in tough environments which can present significant challenges however if you work hard you can really build a career at G4S.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Can pay a little less than than main industry competition
good environment to work in
G4S Steward (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG7 May 2015
is a good place to work however not much work opportunity is given and sadly did not use my skills to there full ability as i think i could of done much more for the company.
Cash Solutions Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham3 May 2015
Driving to many different areas to do collections and/or drop offs.

The hardest part of the job for me is not knowing when I am going to finish work. It is different each day.
Working in the dapart of worp and pensions. Dwp.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG10 November 2014
On a typical day at work I wi laison with my team to make certen everyone understand what kind of day we are expecting to have and who will work in what possision , I learn that team work is important and each day can be different.I also mannage the team in difficult times, make shure timeing is accurate one must always listen to the customers who is always right, the hard part of my job is when I have to evick someone from the site , the most enjoyable part of my job is whe a customer is satisfied an smileing and on there way out I get that big thanks and have a nice day , I that make me want to carry on doing what I love best ,
Productivity driven
Team Field Manager or Coordinator Utility services (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG8 January 2014
Check Cyclic, appointments team,Must Reader Workload.
Monitor and resolve any expired work first thing in the morning.
Assist allocation with any telephone queries around allocation of work (SRV's, Must reads etc).
Update planners.
Check/ monitor daily performances.
Check comms logs.
Liaise with Meter U/Search counterpart to reach the contractual targets.
Respond to any incoming e- mails.

Manage sickness
Sickness forms
Movement of work to other staff
 Absence tracker