G4S Employee Reviews

Found 1,276 reviews matching the search See all 12,255 reviews
Management are morons
Security Officer Babcock Rosyth (Current Employee) –  Rosyth15 November 2019
Management are not interested in their workers only themselves, no support,quick to criticise. You have to check your wages every month. A lot of backstabbing goes on particularly from supervisors
Rubbish company
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness15 November 2019
Management is poor, you dnt get stock orders on time, broken equipment takes ages to repair. Management donot contact you to find out if there are any problems. There are no visits to staff. You are basically left on your own. Only contact you if there is a complaint. Wages are paid fine, but you won't get your overtime without a fight,an you cannot log into your wage slips.
Productive and fun workplace
Billings Data Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterlooville, Hampshire11 November 2019
Fantastic place to work! We were like a small family. So much experience with all the individual staff members. It was a shame that they had to close our office to centralise.
Great job to help others
ACA (Former Employee) –  Kent10 November 2019
Fast pace , job satisfaction comes from helping the sick and lonely , curtainly not the work life balance or the wages. work colleagues support each other however total lack of praise/ support/ direction from middle management up. If your face fits you get left alone , the work ethic sticks as is ....total lack of communication, goal posts there are none ! the more trouble you cause the more likely of promotion!
Decent pay up to a point but cant give allocated yearly ad hoc leave
Prison Officer (Current Employee) –  Featherstone, Staffordshire7 November 2019
Pay freezes after 2 years unless you gain promotion. Also holidays dont always get given due to lack of staff and you dont get sick pay. Promotion is only if your face fits rather than skills required to perform roles.
Rubbish Company
DWP Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 November 2019
Management have no people skills, avoid this sham of a company, they are that short staffed they are sub contracting guards, they are bound to lose the dwp contract the next time it is up for renewal. The guards, most of them are pensioners and aren't interested in backing you up if any trouble starts, they need a complete overhaul of their recruitment process.
Do not work here
Prison Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton3 November 2019
I was assaulted on duty in 2017 and have received no after care or compensation for my injuries. I suffered a brain haemorrhage from the assault and have received NOTHING for it.
The Life for working with biggest security company im the world
Event Steward (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow31 October 2019
It can be daunting started a new job but there's always friendly staff and management to help you out, answer any questions, there can be a lack IN getting shifts but there's always someone that will contact you if they know you're desperate
Very good g4s
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Crawley30 October 2019
Good team of work and allways paid on time and allways offered more work then I can handle u want money and work its G4S 100% they are a great company
Fantastic
Security Officer/Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bitmimgham30 October 2019
Good company to work.you get contract manager.and employee managers.very friendly,and kind hearted area manager.had fantastic 19 years with them.blessed
Worst and most unorganised comapny
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 October 2019
Stay away from G4s The management sucks This is the WORST company I've worked for hands down they threaten you when you cant make a shift or sick with getting fired or getting HR involved they dont care about there employees
Pros
Cons
The company as a whole
Bad staff attitude
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grimsby28 October 2019
I worked for G4S (through a subcontractor) for 5 months and was not very happy there as a member of g4s staff (security) tret me like garbage always had dirty looks from him. Management got rid of me because I complained instead of dealing with the issues that had arisen bad management
Pros
Good job
Cons
Bad staff attitudes
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh27 October 2019
productive and very busy place to work colleagues very supportive and helpfull, overall a good place to work with oppertunities to learn other roles within the company.
tyical day
Team Leader on the revenue protection officer team (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester24 October 2019
go to work and deal with aggressive people all day long
Management didnt care as long as job was done.
minimum wage staff dont get paid enough for what they do
Great company
Customer care officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham22 October 2019
I really enjoyed my time with the company just ashame management didnt like me and lied to get rid of me

Couldnt prove it so had no choice but to leave
Very bad company to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bolton DWP22 October 2019
Management Treat employees very badly if you do work for G4S make sure you are in a union if you aren't then you will be bullied and harassed off management be warned
G4s security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  England18 October 2019
I was unfairly treated worked with colleagues who thought you could trust but stab in the back do not work for this company untrustworthy and don't care about there staff.
Don't do it
CPO (Current Employee) –  ALL OVER16 October 2019
THE MOST unorganized company(BOCA) I have ever worked for and with. I can not begin to tell you about the inequality, unprofessionalism, sexism and racism I've seen with this company. Let's also not start on the low rate of pay, but the managers, directors expect so much from officers. It is said to be one of the better security companies, LOL! Side note there are some managers, supervisors that do their best to work with officers, usually overshadowed by the POLITICS.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
More pay for G4S staff
Steward/Security sia (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield14 October 2019
Same as above.for the shift . and more information about the jobs.the wages are given is correct for the shift.and to give you the right information about the work.
ok
Security officer (Current Employee) –  various, sussex10 October 2019
ok prefer to work more hours . Will have to look for p/t job to add to this job. Lots of time off but wage to low (because of not enough hours) to do any hobbies!
IF YOU GET A JOB WITH G4S JOIN GMB TRADE UNION.