G4S Employee Reviews

wasn't for me
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire16 April 2018
didn't enjoy it long hours and didn't talk to anyone all day my advice would be not to work for the and the targets are too high. for a rural area they expect too many hits in a day.
Good experience
Passport and visa team (Former Employee) –  Heathrow T4 andT511 April 2018
I really enjoyed working for G4s as passport and visa team. I checked all documents on BA flights for possible fraudulent documents. It was satisfying job where I stopped lots of passengers traveling on forged documents and also not carrying right visa.
Pros
Satisfying job with lots of indendance
Cons
BA deciders to do themselves
Security Officer
Security Officer/Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands11 April 2018
Was lied to on my job offer even though I have a licence have not got a vehicle and decided to treat me as a area relief officer and sent me to ridiculous far out of reach shifts in job centres.
The Manager was rude and totally disrespectful, would'nt reply to my phone calls and left me high and dry not knowing where i was to work the next day.
Needless to say RESIGNED.
Total waste of space treat you like something they want to kick off the end of their shoes.
Do yourself a favour and steer well clear and RUN!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Just about everything.
Very nice and equal company, fair and lovely company
Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  London, England10 April 2018
Its an awesome company and awesome job would never want to leave all staff memebers very polite and the company has never given me a hassle always kept me happy and enjoying i frankily love my job.
Management not supportive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Crick, Northamptonshire9 April 2018
Was good now not a nice place to be employed by the g4s management offers no support to staff only want to use them and give nothing in return which is a pity as good staff
Pros
Cons
As above
Customer care officer
Area Relief Officer (Current Employee) –  Bognor Regis, West Sussex6 April 2018
Management don't care as long as sites covered no chance for advance in career you are sent miles from home and a lot of very bad guards and lack of backup from most of the guards on lots of sites some were very good but most are terrible especially in bognor regis and havent job centres
Pros
Money
Cons
Lack of professional guards
Temp During olympics
Olympic temporary Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sutton30 March 2018
From the short time i worked with G4S it was during the 2012 games and Cant remember most of it but it was a fun job with a lot of buzz at the time mainly involved overnight work from 6pm-7am.
Fun and good experience
G4S steward (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh26 March 2018
I learnt a lot of skills working for G4S as it was my first official job, working for them really boosted my confidence in talking to different people but also ask for help if I need it.
Don't be over 35
Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Wales25 March 2018
Don't be over 35 working for these lot ageism is alive and well, but hidden well with in the structure of the firm. They want all the old ones out as the younger people are cheaper to employ. They shout themselves in the foot missing out on life experience older workers can bring. You can see this in the high staff turn over they have.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Bullying culture
one of very few security companies that give you contracted hours.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Belfast21 March 2018
G4S was a good employer. I told them at my interview I was looking permeant security work and didn't want to be moved around to different locations. They got me a permeant site with another g4s guy who was brilliant to work with no issues there. all in all good company pay always right and on time, management could use a bit of an upgrade or reboot of new blood.
Pros
contracted hours, holiday pay
Cons
long hours, always recruiting
Complete lack of duty of care towards employees
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury21 March 2018
Please don’t think you will work for this company and be anything more than just a number... You will just be another nobody that they will give minimum benefits to, ensuring your contract actually benefits them more than you. And if you have a family then don’t expect G4S to be understanding or caring towards your needs - they will crush you at every opportunity. And management - well what can I say... they will treat you appallingly, use you at every opportunity, and you will not be rewarded in any way shape or form. And I’m not a disgruntled ex-employee - I spent 8yrs working for this company, and as soon as I became a mother they treated me like a nobody... Good luck if you do decide to work for this company - you will need it!
wouldn't recommend
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guernsey, Guernsey21 March 2018
worked long days, nights and weeks. management didnt seem to appreciate what i was doing to help out. good money but not sure if what i was doing was worth it. management were a mess.
Good employer
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Klaipeda20 March 2018
Nice Job, but low on salary pay. G4S is a very good company to work for.I always try to keep a positive attitude to show how much I enjoy my job. Professional Security Guards.
Rewarding
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ratcliffe on Soar, Nottinghamshire18 March 2018
Excellent company to be a part of . Managers recognise potential within staff an reward hard work , good rota patterns with a healthy salary . I personally worked with the G4S Gurkha company which has been an interesting journey .
fun workplace
SIA event steward (Current Employee) –  Glasgow12 March 2018
learn a great respect on customer care
after 5 years with the company
each shift is different - met some fantastic people
if you dont like standing for long hours then this job is not for you
Cons
long hours - not many breaks
Awful!, management very poor. No communication,
Security gaurd (Former Employee) –  Bwsc, sandwhich in kent11 March 2018
Firstly regret working for G4s in the first place. The site I worked on was ridiculous and there was to many promises made to the client with out my manager being able to back them up. Which meant because he would never answer the phone, the static guards took the brunt off it. My managers were awful and ignored any calls and never backed you up. I had two work place injuries and they were also ignored. So if any one is ever offered a job please say thank you but no. Worst company I have worked for and worst management I have ever dealt with. All lie and and refuse to communicate with there staff.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, no communication, management promising things they can't do and then it's taken out on us by the client.
Poor equipment
Cash in Transit Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 March 2018
The vans are hopeless, if you go a week without breaking down its an achievement, equipment is hopeless. Poor management. The only good thing is the other drivers, most days are between 10-12hrs but it's a dying trade with all the bank closures. Greedy Shareholders won't release money for new vans/equipment only going to get worse.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
Dying trade, getting your head kicked in for £11.50 an hour
some times
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 March 2018
working as a security officer at the hospital was quite rewarding at times because you get to meet all kinds of people patients visitors public sector ie police fire brigade top surgeons n h s management and estates but as a contractor our management was never to be seen when you needed them and had to make decisions but most of the time wasn't the right ones and was punished for your actions
Pros
Cons
some times
workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke2 March 2018
I always try to keep a positive attitude to show how much I enjoy my job. Every day I come to work with a smile on my face. I am constantly congratulating others on their successes. When others need encouragement, I try and motivate them to keep improving. I try to keep an even demeanour through both good times and bad. My constant energy helps others keep their “enthusiasm” – both positive and negative. One of my strengths is that I keep my managers and co-workers informed of my work progress. When working with customers, I clearly communicate with them in order to provide the best customer service possible.
Pros
free tea
Cons
more overtime
Busy,no timre for fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winchester2 March 2018
Didn't really stay long enough to form much of an opinion nothing much more I can say,guarding ,an IT,premises in Winchester,providing a visible presence,around the campus 24 hours a day
Pros
None really
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K