G4S Employee Reviews

Found 1,093 reviews matching the search See all 10,132 reviews
Plenty of hours rubbish management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire15 December 2018
I got tupee over from VSG to G4S and from there it went down hill,tupee paperwork was lost and was given ill fitting uniforms. Still have no contract or term of title and grievances you raise through the G4S portal (ESS) fall on deaf ears and go months un-answered. No support of management & the only thing propping up the team is one top bloke but it’s a loosing battle from there!
We was given a pay rise beginning of the year but took over 7 months to actually receive it as useless finance department couldn’t work out basic maths clearly but as long as their pays ok then that’s ok!
management never responded to questions of when it’s going to be received and we the work force were left out of the loop.
We had another uniform change beginning of this year by the client but still we are awaiting jackets,proper fitting shirts and if it’s not good enough then take it at your own expense to get it altered.
Pros
You get paid at the end of the month
Cons
Bad management, next to little support
Avoid this company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham7 December 2018
Work long hours on your feet all day.supervisors need to learn to be supervisor ‘s .very bad management. When you go to them will problems they sweep everything under the carpet do not take anything seriously.avoid this company if you want your sanity.bullying goes on .staff who have been with company for a long time get easier day than new staff get told to work faster and harder
Pros
Meet some good colleagues
Cons
bad management and supervisor’s
Customer Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Wallsend, Tyne and Wear21 November 2018
A typical day is dealing with Dwp staff as well as the public
no two days are the same you learn something new each day
i find that the management are easy to approach
its an office based culture warm and friendly atmosphere
the hardest part of the job is dealing with addicts as they can be unpredictable
the most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction
Great temporary job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London19 November 2018
I was working during the olympics which was a very fun and interesting Experience also once in a life time within your own country you get to work for the olympics 2012
Pros
£20 off Waitrose or Caribbean scene for lunch. Zones 1-6 free public transport
good to work for
G4S Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow17 November 2018
I work here and I think it as grate staff are amazing and so are mangment I love the events we go to and work at and the fun we have but I also enjoy how fast the job can go from 0 to 100 in a second
Pros
its fun
Cons
not proppere hours
enjoyable
Customer care stewards (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon14 November 2018
Everyone would motivated and ready to work. the group would all get along making the work easier as everyone would be keeping each other going. customers would be the biggest challenge while at work but everyone would be able to neutralise any situation and stay positive
Former G4s employee 18 years
X officer (Former Employee) –  South East England11 November 2018
Simply the best security company in the world ,i spent nearly 20 years working this company,loved every minute of it.only left because of type when contract ended.
Pros
Working for the best
Dont ever do the G4S thing
ARO (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland10 November 2018
Managers What managers? haven't seen one in 19 months. wont pay me my contracted hours, fuel receipts are always lost so you don't get paid. cant get uniform when you want it, leave has to be in one month in advance. every time you email a manager they don't get back to you as well as phone them NO ANSWER.
I am on a 168 hour contract per month and when they don't fulfil it they tell you TAKE THE ROUGH WITH THE SMOOTH. Really.
I was really loyal to this company getting up from my Christmas dinner and covering a blow out on Christmas day. while on leave getting a phone call to cover another blow out and turning my car around with my kids in it and letting my wife go on without me . AND FOR WHAT. ????????? To be treated like some a hole after the years I give them .
NO MAN MANAGEMENT
NO ONE CAN GIVE YOU AN ANSWER
THEY LIE
THEY CHEAT YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY
THEY TELL YOU THEY WILL GET BACK TO YOU AND NEVER DO
YOU DO ALL THE RUNNING FOR YOUR MONEY OWED.
on your feet all day and the amount of things extra they get you to do to keep THE CLIENT happy is unreal.
as I said on your feet all day 12 hours eating answering phones and public dealings without a break. hardly a toilet break even.
and if you complain your told .. DO YOU WANT THE JOB OR NOT.
really stay away from these shower. it will mess with your head
Pros
Cons
G4s
nice place to work
Trainee senior Cashier (Current Employee) –  Essex10 November 2018
good place to work
some good days and some bad days
worst thing having to work bank holidays and only having christmas day off not good for family life
Security officer Cumbria
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cumbria10 November 2018
Supervisor great guy. Higher management shocking. Pig ignorant no respect for staff. Any issues keep them to yourself as they are ignored anyways. Tuped to this company and was in a job I actually previously enjoyed. This bunch of jokers ruined the job for us all. Unless your a yes man / woman you won’t fit in. If you have an opinion you’ll be out as fast as your feet can touch the ground. Sadly they don’t care your a number nothing more.
Management are the company killer in this company there attitude towards staff is disgusting and they shouldn’t be allowed to demoralise people the way they do.
Don’t waste you time go somewhere you’ll be respected
Pros
4 on 4 off in some jobs
Cons
Management. Treat staff disgustingly
it was good company.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester.7 November 2018
IT was good that i worked with G4S company.and also have good workers.

The company pays on time,and also keep to there rules.

The G4S company booked my shifts on time.
Cons
Largest employer in the world but also the worst
Ambukance care assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 November 2018
After working at G4S you can be confident that you will never experience a worse employer. Incompetent, authoritarian, duplicitous management ruin you
Pros
Nothing apart from having an occasional laugh with your colleagues
Cons
Dickensian working conditions, no sick pay, no future, poor pay, awful management
Great fun workplace
Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  Sheffield1 November 2018
G4s is the job for you if you are looking for a fun and exiting environment to work in. You will be meeting lots of people with new challenges and experiences every time.
Pros
Paid Travel, paid lunches and accommodation depending on the shift and location.
Cons
0 hour contract
Secure driver (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent1 November 2018
Been working here for 3 years, starting with the managment going to collegues, everyone is very polite and professional.
Really good job and awsome conditions.
It's fast working environment
CASH IN TRANSIT DRIVER (Current Employee) –  London25 October 2018
Fun and friendly staff, days can be long with lots of jobs to complete but you come across lots of nice people as you do your deliveries.

You can be sent to anywhere in London to do your deliveries, hardest part is not knowing the trip and the heavy lifting, best part is you are getting out and about getting to know London a lot better, the crews all look out for each other and only a phone call away if you need help with your trip.
The job itself is ok
Ambulance Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent18 October 2018
Been working as an ACA for 2 years now and the only part of the job which is good is meeting new people every day. They all have a different story to tell which is great.

As for the rest of it... the vehicles are bad, falling apart breaking down and very noisy. Management only care about numbers and KPI'S. Hours are varied unless working a 4 on 4 off and lucky to get a break after 7 hours. Pay is not the best I've been on more working in a chip shop!

Overall the job is okay and the crews are a great laugh. Management and vehicles need sorting ASAP.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Not ideal long term
Steward (Former Employee) –  London14 October 2018
Good if you have other commitments and need to earn money in the evenings or weekends, but the rate of pay is poor and they would short pay you for the hours actually worked. Would work a typical evening shift but they would try and pay you for less than that, or if your shift lasted longer than the standard hours they would still try to short pay you. The enjoyable part of the job was making friends with other staff members and the different type of events that would take place.
G4S Cash Driver
Cash in Transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh14 October 2018
Company it's self is okay, could be better with the way they run. delivery and collect Cash through out Central Belt. Vans are a nightmare always breakdown. Overall not the worst company out there and the wages are good compaired to other jobs.
Pros
Wages per Hour
Cons
Hours
Nice Company and Industry to work in but it is ruined by some of the people
CCTV Operator (Current Employee) –  London13 October 2018
The salary is fine for the work you are doing and you always have to choice of working more to get more money or your standard shifts so that you can enjoy your life.

The real problem for me is the quality of people you are working with either your direct colleagues or your higher ups.

It seems absurd to me that you would hire people that can barely speak the language (let alone write) and keep them regardless of how many failures they have, just because you need the man-power.

And that's where management comes in, some of them are great guys, interested in what they are doing and have awesome people skills.

But some of them are not only utterly incompetent but also have the worst attitudes ever, thinking they are in the military or something barking orders like mad men.

And the only reason they are in that position is because they know somebody regardless again of the quality of their work.

I guess it's the same everywhere but I got to say I've felt it the most in this company.

In conclusion if you get a good team, you'll have a blast, if not, find another job.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay for what you are doing
Cons
Major problem of quality workforce which can bring down morale
Difficult
Safety Steward and Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London13 October 2018
Worked zero hours contract as security steward
Very confusing management structure, impossible to get hold of anyone to change shifts/ change location of work.
Worked long hours, normally got some breaks.
Pros
Events
Cons
Organisation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K