G4S Employee Reviews

Found 1,074 reviews matching the search See all 9,033 reviews
The job itself is ok
Ambulance Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent18 October 2018
Been working as an ACA for 2 years now and the only part of the job which is good is meeting new people every day. They all have a different story to tell which is great.

As for the rest of it... the vehicles are bad, falling apart breaking down and very noisy. Management only care about numbers and KPI'S. Hours are varied unless working a 4 on 4 off and lucky to get a break after 7 hours. Pay is not the best I've been on more working in a chip shop!

Overall the job is okay and the crews are a great laugh. Management and vehicles need sorting ASAP.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Not ideal long term
Steward (Former Employee) –  London14 October 2018
Good if you have other commitments and need to earn money in the evenings or weekends, but the rate of pay is poor and they would short pay you for the hours actually worked. Would work a typical evening shift but they would try and pay you for less than that, or if your shift lasted longer than the standard hours they would still try to short pay you. The enjoyable part of the job was making friends with other staff members and the different type of events that would take place.
Nice Company and Industry to work in but it is ruined by some of the people
CCTV Operator (Current Employee) –  London13 October 2018
The salary is fine for the work you are doing and you always have to choice of working more to get more money or your standard shifts so that you can enjoy your life.

The real problem for me is the quality of people you are working with either your direct colleagues or your higher ups.

It seems absurd to me that you would hire people that can barely speak the language (let alone write) and keep them regardless of how many failures they have, just because you need the man-power.

And that's where management comes in, some of them are great guys, interested in what they are doing and have awesome people skills.

But some of them are not only utterly incompetent but also have the worst attitudes ever, thinking they are in the military or something barking orders like mad men.

And the only reason they are in that position is because they know somebody regardless again of the quality of their work.

I guess it's the same everywhere but I got to say I've felt it the most in this company.

In conclusion if you get a good team, you'll have a blast, if not, find another job.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay for what you are doing
Cons
Major problem of quality workforce which can bring down morale
Difficult
Safety Steward and Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London13 October 2018
Worked zero hours contract as security steward
Very confusing management structure, impossible to get hold of anyone to change shifts/ change location of work.
Worked long hours, normally got some breaks.
Pros
Events
Cons
Organisation
Shocking company.. Nooo communication at all
Securiry (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire30 September 2018
Absolutley shocking! Went for interview in May.. They paid for train travel, hotel for a 4 day course. SIA badge . Still waiting for a start date! Yes we are now nearly in October! Absolutley NO Communication at all.. I've now got sick of phoning and emailing them.. So id take it as i will not pay back my SIA licence and for everything they paid for my training.. Please stay away from G4S.. Experienced problems right from the start! Everyone i spoke to had the same problem.. Stay clear.. Unfortunately I had to give 1 star for me to write a review if there was a zero thats what i would have gave.. Appalling communication skills and utter mess ups all the time
Pros
Paid for my SIA and all my 4day training.. Travel.. Hotel.. Food.. Brekfast..
Cons
Horrendous communication need new management
ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Westminster30 September 2018
G4S plc is a British multinational security services company headquartered in London, England. The company was set up in 2004 when London-based company Securicor amalgamated with Danish business Group 4 Falc
Pros
pay
Awful
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury27 September 2018
Shoddy work ethic and awful staff who just ruin the company with their awful standards and no fuel allowance and really strict with everything. Really hated it
The worst
Steward/Security (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
The worst company I've ever worked for, management are absolutely terrible, I was emailed the day before a shift at 9:30pm regarding work details, was back and fourth with my pay because they put it into a wrong account, even when you think you've registered for work you haven't been. The worst company there is absolutely nothing good about it all this headache for £8.
fantastic
Steward Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire26 September 2018
I got to work bright and early one morning to find that my boss had left me the keys to the stadium to open up before him and to get all the uniforms ready for the rest of the staff that was working that day .
Pros
free passes to town games
Cons
An enjoyable environment in which you are kept busy.
Mobility Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton24 September 2018
Follow the plan as given by the team manager.

Learnt, customer service and looking after wheelchair users.

Management, they are there when needed.

Work place culture, fast paced with a deadline.

Hardest part, nothing comes to mind.

Most enjoyable part, a busy day with hardly any complaints.
Pros
Close to home, Tips
Cons
0 hour contract
Stay away
Security officer (Current Employee) –  South20 September 2018
Worst security job,no communication,no flexibility, minimum wage for front line role putting your life in danger, just white shirt and number,
No progression .The Company is more interested in keeping high paying Governmement contract rather than welfare of officers. Does not pay for illness and they dock your pay if you need a dental or doctors appointment. Holidays are first come first serve based
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Poor pay rate, poor management
Do not apply for a job with G4s they are full of crooks and lying scum
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Scotland19 September 2018
Most of there guards are over weight and unfit so don't expect any back up if things kick off most times a would try to eject a person the other G4s guards would hide and say they never heard any thing plus most of the managers are all pals act so if your looking for promotion prospects there none all a can say is DO NOT APPLY FOR G4S JOBS IF YOU LIKE YOUR HEALTH
Pros
When its time to go home thats if they let you
Cons
None what so ever, please take my advice, dont work for them, you will regret it, and if your reading some good reviews there fake and posted by there HR
Don’t bother
Cash in Transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire15 September 2018
Rate of pay is good but you break your back for it.. literally!
Very active job that’ll keep you fit and you’ll be lucky to do a minimum of a 12 hour day and with no set time to finish!
Management is very poor they couldn’t careless about the drivers and just sit in there office doing nothing all day.
Vans are taped together with duct tape and regularly break down, in hot weather quite often drivers are sent out in vans with no air-conditioning.
Place is a joke, don’t bother!!
Pros
Work mates
Cons
Poor management
Corrupt and false advertisement of job roles
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  West Midlands13 September 2018
BIRMINGHAM- WEST MIDLANDS G4S branch is most corrupt branch I have ever experienced throughout the entire security industry. To think the foolish government lets these idiots run British Prison/Custodial services.
They advertise job roles to attract attention, then after the interview and job contract, they disclose the truth. I applied for night roles, succeeded at interview, was offered a job. Then delays began due to misspelling my name at the screening and vetting stage! Surely before I knew it, they called to congratulate me on completion of all vetting and paperwork however they offered the role to someone else and offered me alternating rotating say shifts in stead! Ridiculous. Beware of MO BANARAS & BUSHRA CHUGTAI. Corrupt criminals.
Brilliant job, I enjoyed it.
Prison Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire12 September 2018
Job culture wasn’t that great but overall the job was excellent.
Pay is brilliant at £23,000 rising every year of about £130-£300 a year .whilst for HMP starter is £22,396.
Overtime is always available at £21-£23 an hour and you can have as many as you want. So on average I did 45hrs a week inc a couple of hours overtime.

Shifts I got are quite good with on average 4/7 days worked with a mixture of 4-11hrs a day. You have to do 39hrs.

Made a few great friends in the job and I’d recommend it to a person who wants a mixture of their job.
Pros
Good pay and good friends made.
Cons
Hours are varied l you could do 6-4 one day and 9-3 the next
Staff mostly good but managment bit lacking in expertise
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Silverlink11 September 2018
good employer. Managers keep changing over the years so keeps things fresh. local branch is at leeds. Paid monthly on 15th of the month. G4S does not do building sites or stuff that lesser companies go for.contracts are bit more prestigious
Pros
Staff details, rosta's and payslips all online
Cons
not so many sites
Account management
Account Director, Thames Tideway Tunnel Project (Current Employee) –  London, UK3 September 2018
Key Account management of a large contract. Very busy project with multiple requirement and constant juggling of priorities. Customer facing and dealing with customers was excellent and progressive. A great role and project, with excellent people who want to do a great job.
Pros
Busy exciting and changing environment
Cons
24/7 business
Worst company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  JPMorgan Bournemouth1 September 2018
G4S chaseside JPMorgan is the worst company and management by Far , everybody is miserable there and management do everything to make your life miserable they think of you slave not more than that so harrasment is their daily routine.so never work for them if you don't want to be psycho .
Customer service
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport30 August 2018
Its a good experiences to work G4S company. I have learnt a lot about Security , safety, challenging with the customers. I had join the company from France. I was working at CDG airport in France. Then i got transferred to London Heathrow. I took the challenge to come to UK and working at Heathrow Airport.
Great team
Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset28 August 2018
4 days on 4 days off gives you family life but if you want overtime its easy to get.

Good job prospect.

Very large team; you work within a shift.

30 days holiday.
Cons
Longs hours