G-Research

G-Research Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews
I am bound by confidentiality to not speak about the company or say anything about the work I undertook due to the secure nature of this work.

It is a good company though.
Pros
salary is high
Cons
Absolutely no working from home. Zero work/life balance. Spent thousands on parties while making 100’s of people redundant. Not much training given. Board don’t listen to management running the business day-to-day thus resulting in fundamental staffing errors. Very incestuous.
Great atmosphere with loads of friendly interesting people. Very generous company with lots going on.
My advice to anyone wishing to work there would be don't miss your chance, it's a great place to work.
Working at G-Research is a breath of fresh air. Unlike many other tech firms with a finance focus, they promote a very healthy work-life balance, with a fun but focused office culture.

You are givens freedom and trust to own your own area and are well-rewarded for good performance. Staff are treated like adults and there is still plenty of exposure to senior management despite the company's recent growth.

The company needs to continue to work hard to maintain this culture as growth continues but I have every confidence it will. Historically the levels of security have been high but this is being relaxed significantly.

It is also hugely inspiring being part of a business that is really pushing the boundaries of data and technology.

Alongside excellent remuneration there are numerous soft benefits like weekends away, summer/Christmas parties, regular socials, and sports clubs.

I look forward to coming to work every day and leave (at a very reasonable time) feeling happy and valued.
Pros
Work-life balance, great colleagues, fun atmosphere, remuneration
Cons
Continue to work with staff to find a good balance between security and flexibility
I have worked at G-Research for a number of years. I am still here due to the aspirational/leading edge nature of the business, its fantastic culture, its exceptional pay structure and the fact that you are working with some of the smartest minds around to solve difficult problems.
Pros
Exceptional bonus scheme + compensation, friendly/informal/fun culture, great work-life balance, free fruit, weekends away, great benefits
Cons
Lack of work from home currently but this is changing soon
You are valued for the work you do, can make great friends while working with this company even though it’s a large company they are all very close. I enjoyed my time here
Pros
Free drinks and fruit
Cons
Made me redundant from my position stating that it was no longer available, however been redundant 2 weeks! And they have posted up a vacancy for the position! Don’t trust them!
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Liars
Great company to work for. A lot of social activites and networking events. Great office in central London. Respect for private life of the individuals. A lot of opportunities to learn also from co-workers who were incredibly skilled. Great IT infrastructure.
Pros
Great work life balance
Good working place and very informative. Low work load and very enjoyable atmosphere. Colleagues are very friendly and helpful; especially the manager is quite friendly and open.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at G-Research?