Fusion Lifestyle
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Fusion Lifestyle Employee Reviews

United Kingdom95 reviews
Great staff at site. Poor management in London. Little to recognition for staff who go above and beyond. The organisation is built on brown nosers who want to climb over others to get to the top
I was pushed to help bully a member of staff out of the company by the general manager of my centre and when I didn't, he tried to force me out of the business (which he eventually succeeded). I reported him for a myriad of misconduct with evidence including fraud and nepotism (fraudulently hired his own wife, gave her preferential hours and then promoted her to senior management within 6 months of employment, all 3 of which are against company policy), unfair treatment of staff, bullying staff members, dangerous behaviour that defied H&S that risked loss of life, unprofessional behaviour in the form of slating his staff members to interviewees and the company backed the general manager by sacking me to make the problems go away.
Working conditions are so poor that despite the pay being good for low level staff (in the contract with the local council), the staff turnover is extremely high. All experienced members of staff are undervalued and leave, meaning the company only has inexperienced staff that aren't very good at their jobs. Used to have a good workplace culture, but that was destroyed by incompetent upper management and most centres in the area have become like a graveyard.

The company only cares about revenue being made and memberships sold, despite claiming to be a registered charity (I'm sure this is just for tax evasion purposes).

Communication on almost all levels of management is non-existent to the point where new policies are brought in regularly and the base level staff have no idea until sometimes months later.

The whole company also relies greatly on
 - more...
Pros
Basic pay, free gym and swim
Cons
Everything else
I have worked within the leisure industry throughout my whole life ever since legal employment age. I have worked at many different leisure centres which are owned by the company, it is a common thing for leisure centre companies to own a variety of different sites within a certain area. I have fulfilled a variety of different job roles such as Recreation Assistant / Lifeguard, Fitness Instructor, Food and Beverage Assistant, Swimming Teacher, Receptionist, Group Exercise Instructor, Personal Trainer and Exercise Referral Instructor.

I am going to straight up and honest in this review. Working within the Leisure Industry has its pros and cons. If you want to learn, gain some new skills, get some work experience behind you while you are studying in sixth form or college then happy days this is the sector you want to be in. The leisure industry does not pay a lot of money, when I have worked for Fusion Lifestyle they would always make as many attempts as possible to make cuts however they can to save money and this of course is not beneficial to the employer.

I would advise working within leisure for someone who is seeking their first job and wants to get some decent work based experience. For an individual who wants to be able to pay their rent or pay for a mortgage you are straight up not going to be able to earn enough money to support yourself, unfortunately that is just the way that the industry is. Leisure does not pay a lot of money. Its amazing to be able to take on a variety of different job roles and gain that experience but on the whole it is just not working
 - more...
From the other staff to the lack on cleanliness to the management .From working here I have seen nothing is ran properly. For starters I had my interview and they contacted me probably about a month and a bit later saying I got the job and asked me to come in on the same day. I did three shadow shifts as a lifeguard which I wasn’t paid for. I was paid 1month late as they hadn’t successfully put through my bank details on time. The whole building was and is a tip, These staff room was covered in flys And rubbish everywhere. It was no place to eat or sit on break. I remember entering the room and too my horror seeing about 30 flies in the kettle (which had no lid covering on it) which was of course a health and safety hazard as it would literally boil non stop until it was manually switched off by the plug, the lifeguards are not given any tasks to do ( cleaning) (which is of course why the buildings a tip and why it’s smells of urine) although no cleaning meant a more chill job for us lifeguards which is why I and other staff liked the place. The lifeguards are more less useless and most of them use their phones poolside and some use their time talking to underage girls or doodling on pieces of paper Oh yeah and I forgot to mention the staff smoking weed and SNORTING LINES OF COKE. The lockers are constantly broken and are never fixed meaning lifeguards have to always go and tap the locker with a spanner to open it. (Instead of getting it fixed.) The place was constantly understaffed meanwhile the pools were overcrowded. The pool was always exceeding its limit making it a hard - more...
Pros
Being able to chill pretty much the whole day doing nothing For okay pay
Cons
Bad management, Bad hygiene, Bad vibe
I do enjoy my job as a lifeguard with fusion, just think that we should get paid more only because are job is very intense sometimes and can be very stressful. Anything can happen at any point that’s also another reason why I love the job.
This placement was outstanding and thoroughly enjoyable. The management outstanding. The most enjoyable part of the working at this placement was greeting customers and forming relationships with the regulars.
The company is very money hungry but proclaim to therenfor their staff members. A bunch of overpaid CEO and Directors who dont care about the business but only their profit (they are supposed to be a non-profit business by the way). Alon with no progression as there is nothe but nepotism every corner you turn. They will also let you go in a heartbeat if they aren't making money (most of the time it has nothing to do with your performance).
Best place that I have ever worked. Great company as they fund much of your training and professional development. Great opportunities to get experience in management.
Career progression in the company is available to those that work hard and show commitment. The company offers Leadership and management courses and looks to promote from within.
You have to understand that the vast majority of the gym users pay on the go and the flux is constant throughout your shift. This means that 90 per cent of the time is spent on taking payments, so there is no material time to do your sales and serving customers appropiately. They care about numbers too far and beyond what is expected from a target-based business. My dissappointment was great with this.
Management and Colleagues very helpful, the environment is not stressful but the workload is overwhelming. Your job is secure and there's room for improvement as management is very helpful and provides guidance.
I Worked for Fusion on one of their council contracts for over 10 years as a fitness instructor. In that time the long term staff only got one pay rise and that was after 8 years and to get we all went out on strike. Moral was always low with the lower ranked staff. Don't expect to be treated well by this company.
They expect you to build a house with no tools.
Fighting fires a lot of time.

No help from above, just unrealistic expectations set.

We enjoy the people we work with luckily.
Bad company to work for as no support for top management. Was asked to carry out unreasonable tasks not on job description. They Treat customers unfairly.
Extremely cliquey and immature. Despite the ever increasing membership fees that are meant to go back into improving the centres, things are constantly breaking and take months (or nearly years) to fix. Expected to take a lot of stick from customers because managers can’t be bothered to deal with it. Expected to work on skeleton staff, and then you get no thanks when you work over your hours for the basic pay rate.
I don't really have a lot to say about working for Fusion.
Dependant on your management team sometimes it can be great other times its really not.

There is no fairness with pay. every centre is paid differently for the same role. When questioned the just brush it off.

very target driven and don't care about staff stress or your home life.
Pros
good team members
Cons
long hours, rubbish pay
What a terrible company to work for. Overpaid clueless egomaniac bullies in control at director level who believe their opinions are correct whereas facts and anyone else’s opinions are incorrect. A total disregard for staff engagement/ownership/input means a terrible working environment. Everyone is petrified of the MD so they tell him what he wants to hear....meaning he has no idea what is really happening in his business
Really badly managed. They don't care about their staff. Lots of mistakes made and covered up. Lots of backstabbing from staff. There are a few who worked hard and care but the management aren't one of them. They like to bark orders but not get their hands dirty.
Always sort staffed, you have to work extra hours constantly, management are rubbish. Unorganised rotas are always wrong. Worse company ive ever worked for.
Very poor management and bad communication all round.
The pay is fair for the job roles in the area.

The role itself is ok but the team is very close and clicky. Hard to get on with professionally.
It's stressful trying to communicate with the management team sometimes.
can be fun

not really an opportunity to progress in the job that I'm currently doing