FURNESS PRIMARY SCHOOL

FURNESS PRIMARY SCHOOL Employee Reviews

United Kingdom4 reviews
For the majority of the three year placement I have worked closely with the physical education teacher at the school. However, I was provided with opportunities to also work and be an assistant in a classroom environment. The year groups I worked with in PE lessons have included year six and year five classes. My tasks in the PE lessons would include: gathering and setting up equipment before the lessons, teaching groups of pupils of about six or seven and packing away of equipment. In addition I have been given opportunities to lead the whole class for five minutes in a warm up activity. Further to this I volunteered myself and helped in after-school activities such as football and badminton clubs. These three years of placement has helped enhance my knowledge and understanding of education in formal contexts with the work I did in the school hours and also informal contexts by working in after school clubs. The benefit of working in both contexts is that it has established and provided me with the skill of adaptability. I believe I am capable of working in any educational setting. The knowledge I gained over the three years assisted in helping me understand the emotional and social behaviours of pupils.The teachers at the school were extremely welcoming, easy to work with and helpful. The hardest part of the job was to deal with pupils who would purposely disobey and not listen to the instructions I would give. They would do this, especially in the first year of the job because they would feel they do not need to listen to me as I am not the main teacher of the class. However, - more...
Everyone is different but I would say this school is a good place to start teaching but as a lifetime job, NO CHANCE.

You work way to hard for the money you take home.
busy, challenging leaned how to teach children and lading them in good direction hardest part of the job how to deal with difficult personality happy.
My daily duties range from lesson planning, placing students in groups due to academic capability then carefully working with them to exercise strengths and work on weaknesses.
In my time here I've learnt the importance of my contributions and how they affect the student body. Children are as willing to take in information as much as you are able to give them the time. The majority of their time is spent at school so it is the staff's duty to create a fun, safe and great learning environment for them.

Hard part's of the job can include handling more than one class at once - which can be up to fifty or more children depending on the circumstance.

Co-workers and friendly and willing to help if needed. In the end, the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your hard work is going towards a great cause.