Fuller's

Fuller's Employee Reviews

United Kingdom114 reviews
The social side of working here was fantastic. I met a lot of great people and the company so a lot for their employees. However I feel I was never truly accepted, which is odd in a HR team. I would often come in to find people gossiping about you (or others) and the head of HR would always make a thing of walking past the window two or three times if you had a meeting (of which there were lots given it was HR)
Pros
Socials, Christmas, lunchtime restaurant
Cons
Gossip culture, negative team ethos, stab in the back mentality of some
23 June 2020
Hi there. Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased that you met a lot of great people during your time with us. However we are concerned about your comments around not feeling accepted. We try to put people are at the heart of everything we do, so we would ask that you contact us directly on recruitment@fullers.co.uk with more information so we can look in to this further.
May we also take this opportunity to wish you all the best in your career moving forward.
It's a good place to work
People are friendly and ingredients are local and fresh so it's a pleasure as a chef to cook fresh food with good ingredients
Didn’t like the place didn’t work there long was only there for 2 days was very bad would never advise anyone to work there the staff was rude horrible wouldn’t never go back to the job
Typical day busy but quite moments
Kitchen practices

Management extremely helpful

Fun and friendly place to work

Shifts during business

Working with a great team
Equipas bem estruturadas,
Ofertas de formação dentro da empresa

Turnos rotativos

Pagamento semanal
Not the worst of the companies to work for, they are corporate which does give you benefits regarding job security etc but it does make any process longer than it needs to be
Not a bad place to work, could be better, for example the facilities aren't the best and it's not always reliable in terms of having a full staff team each day.
Disappointing tenure at a company that showed little care in showing appreciation for good performance and were slow to recognise or offer opportunities for progression.
Fullers is great company to work they have got Fantastic benefit and family atmosphere , right life balance flexible shift and skill management I had a great experience thank you
I am a great team player, also work well on my own initiative
Had a great time working as a designate manager here. I worked in a variety of sites including some high volume venues including, the Vintry, the Parcel Yard and the Sail Loft
13 February 2020
Hi! It's great to receive your positive feedback so thank you- all the best with your future career! The Recruitment Team, Fuller's
Place where I worked was awful and being accused of situations that eventually mounted to nothing. If I was allowed to help I would still be there now.
Pros
Great head chef
Cons
Poor customer service and owner
Worked for this company for 2.5 years. the first 6 months was okay, the net 2 years were heartbreaking. NO chance of a pay increase. Ops manager she was lazy and had no idea what she was on about, everyone reading this will probably know who. NO development in place, cant be promoted in house have to College no matter how many times you have proven yourself to them. Only ever see the ops manager when something has gone wrong. Only the GM's receive gratitude for hard work which then makes people feel like whats the point working. Fullers say they are passionate about fresh food yet its frozen and bought in. They lie on job advertisements saying its local. If your outside of London in one of their sites trust me your produce is NOT local. Support from Ops managers and Exec Chef is next to 0. The company wants to see blood sweat and tears over and over again just for the fun of it. They do not stick to agreements, just tell you what you want to hear and then when the task is done, ignore emails and calls to get what your owed. Such an unfaithful company and its not so much the GMs, its the people above them who call the shots. Take my advice, you would rather be on the dole than work for this "family" company.
13 February 2020
Good afternoon, I'm so sorry to read of your experience while working at Fuller's. You have made some points which are difficult to read as we pride ourselves in development and support. If you would like to provide more detail please email recruitment@fullers.co.uk, your feedback has been shared with the relevant teams. All the best with your future- The Recruitment Team, Fuller's
Manager's are 2 face if you say you cannot stay pass your allocated hours cuz your have plans ur made to feel like worthless Favoritism with staff!!!!
Pros
Free drinks on shift
Cons
Everything else.
The position is fast paced yet the back up and support is minimal. Finding good staff in remote locations causes a bit of stress especially during summer peak periods. Long hours.
a typical day at a fullers Resturant. was stressful with little help from management . management is disorganised .not much diversity so workplace culture wasn't there. Going to work was stressful.
I enjoyed working with fullers alot
Its was just the late nights I could not do anymore. Management was fair understanding and always willing to help
Family friendly working environment with diverse mixture of people with the organisation across the business. Getting to now people is easy to do as they operate in a family friendly atmosphere.
Dont work for them they t nasty use and abuse never have i been treated so unfairly in work place so no i do no recommend and if u choose to work there good luck
Fullers has some incredible managers. They are kind, compassionate, encouraging, and will work with you to empower you to produce the best work you can.

Unfortunately, these managers are few and far between. If you find one, stay there, because although Fullers has rigid standards for service in their pubs, the same cannot be said for the way GM's are encouraged by higher management to operate. Cloak and dagger mentality is rife, with promotions becoming not about skills or experience, but if certain people like you or not.

It is really sad. When I first joined over a decade ago, the company seemed to a place to work hard, grow, and be rewarded fairly. I only wish this was still the case. Maybe under a new operation director they can get back to the company they were when I started.
It is expected to have a high turn over of bar staff, but you KNOW there is a problem when you see a high turn over of management, which is what I saw while working there.
Most of the training was done online.

I did not enjoy it most of the time.