Fuller's Employee Reviews

Bad company. Place even worst one
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London30 July 2018
Really poor place. Worst GM I ever worked for. No support from executive chef and ops manager for a normal employees .long hours. Not even thank you for good work.
Cons
Under pay, long hours
Not the best place to work.
Waiter/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Oxford28 May 2018
Working for the Fuller's company at the 'Head of the River' pub in Oxford was not a very enjoyable time. The management was poor in dealing with a high flow of customers and treating the staff with respect. I do not look back on my time here very fondly.
Pathetic Management
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 May 2018
I gave 2 star for the work/life balance is because I wasn’t provided guaranteed hours .
How do i start well here it goes,
No breaks
No proper staff food (only once a day if having to work for whole split shift day) what is this ? Being in a restaurant hospitality field there is no proper management. Supervisors esp females get away with everything. they try to not work but instead hide taking smoking breaks for 20 times in 5hrs shift, imagine they getting breaks while the other staffs are not getting breaks at all.
No break Even for to eat staff food.
Talks behind saying not progressing but never trains. Its not magic to learn by birth .
Pros
Cons
Uncountable
Hard work.
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Wykeham Arms9 May 2018
This is a tough place to work; long hours and lots to do. Although the Head Chef and most of the chefs are good people to work with Fullers do not properly staff the kitchen. Chefs sign up to work a 40 hour contract and then find themselves working 70 hours for no extra pay which can lead to them getting stressed and taking their frustrations out on you. As well as dish washing there is often prep to do and however hard you try you'll find that it's not possible to be in two places at one time. This job is very high output for very little return; not a moment's rest and a strong culture of having to prove yourself by constant hard work. If you're looking for a K.P. job you'll find plenty of far easier work elsewhere for the same rate of pay.
Pros
Good Head Chef and co workers
Cons
Very hard, underpaid work.
The Oak inn, is unique, and functional
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, Hampshire9 May 2018
I started working at the Oak inn, in Lyndhurst, wanted only to stay 2 months, that was last year, i still work there, and i must say, its a unique place, coming from a background of good quality service, above decent, in here i've learned so much more, runned by a multicultural team, i must say, its one of the best places im glad to work with
Pros
Meal everyday, even days off, pretty decent hours
Cons
Sometimes its requested to stay a bit longer, but hey its hospitality
Bad management and poor pay
Chef (Former Employee) –  Richmond, Greater London5 April 2018
Every day they made me peel potatoes wash and cut a lot of vegetables, I had to Brush and mop the floor !!! more than once!!! they even let me do the dishwasher because according to them it is right so when the dishwasher is certainly not lacking! I worked too little hours and I couldn’t even pay my rent and in short I did not have a specific task I was treated like a porter of the kitchen!! I think the head chef has to be fired!
Pros
Cons
bad staff turnover and bad management
Best company I’ve worked for
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London5 April 2018
Great opportunities ir you put the work in, good salary, great training, loads of fun days out to breweries and distilleries, really good company to work for
Pros
opportunities to progress
Cons
Salary
Terrible company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire28 March 2018
Still and West, terrible place to work
Take hours off for breaks you don’t get
Gm no where to be seen or just stood around drinking
Unprofessional
Do not care about the customers at all
Pros
Cons
Too many hours, wages mess ups
Fun place to work
Bar staff (Current Employee) –  Silchester12 March 2018
Great atmosphere with great people. Very flexible hours so perfect for summer work. I couldn't ask for better from a part time job and enjoy myself a lot. Would recommend bar work to anyone 18+ wanting some extra cash.
Poor management and job security
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Winchester9 March 2018
Fullers is definitely not where you want to be! The work environment is by all means not a bad one, but i was given false hope that i had got a job as a housekeeper following my trial shift. Management staff informed me that i could start working the following weekend, yet after a number of phone calls they revealed that the position had been given to someone else. Bear in mind they did not contact me in advance! Do not recommend rather be unemployed!
floor staff
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Greater London23 February 2018
i enjoy working here but its very unorganised and very low hours and also the security is very low so staff are always looking ober their shoulders to make sure they feel safe.
Pros
no free lunch but 50% off food
Cons
low hours
Enjoy my job
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Greater London26 December 2017
I work very hard i love my position ànd i give all my time for my job
I am proud of myself nobody do nothing for me i proof every daý i can do it its challenge but sometimes you have a lot of stress
Pros
I dont eat
Cons
I do a lot of hours
Productive and fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Soho, Greater London25 December 2017
Honestly a great place to work in. Great staff and general atmosphere. Great possibilities for advancement, great work culture and generally a positive space.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low Overtime
no breaks
kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire28 November 2017
Asked to do split shifts on my first day ,10-4 6-10,no proper breaks,no staff meals,ignorant Australian manager,don't bother ,just go and work in an office canteen,normal hours,staff meals and proper breaks for same money
Pros
busy
Cons
Overall excellent company to work for.
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire11 October 2017
The training I received through the company was excellent. I did menu planning stock taking hire staff. The most exciting part of the job was seeing what I had done work well.
Awful hygiene and no breaks
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wendover, Buckinghamshire11 October 2017
The hygiene is awful, house keeping do not clean rooms properly, they do not wash the mugs and glasses that have been used properly they just rinse them in water, and they use the towels that guests have used to dry the cups and dry the bath out. It has completely put me off ever wanting to stay in this hotel.

You only get breaks if you smoke which pretty much everyone does, as I dont I was cleaning when everyone else was smoking.
The actual management itself is very unprofessional and needs to be under new management.
Pros
Free non alcholic drinks from bar
Cons
hard working but short shifts so no money
Highly productive, good positive environment.
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth8 October 2017
I usually work lunch hours and take food out to customers, It can get very busy and demanding but I enjoy the responsibility. The management is really good, always making sure i'm okay and helping me out with any issues. the hardest part of the job is dealing with angry or unpleasant customers, but the best part of the job is making sure customers leave with a smile on their faces.
Pros
Good staff, friendly environment
Cons
sometimes I do not get a break if it is busy.
professional
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London22 September 2017
I enjoy working for fullers smith and turner as it is professional.
I can show my own hours.
I get on well working with the team.
I get to do online courses.
I get to talk with the general public.
It has helped with my confidence over the years.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
low pay
No sure port when you need it
GM (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire18 September 2017
Really good to work for at first but in resent years the have become greedy. No work life balance and are just giving there managers more and more work and have shifted all responsibility on to the managers would not recommend working for them anymore.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
No surport
Awful work place
Bar Staff/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon, Greater London10 September 2017
Awful place to work! Expected to work through lunch hours or breaks, after 2 days of starting left completely to do shifts alone, weren't shown how to do certain things then was told off for not doing the certain thing. 'Clicky' staff, rude assistant managers and a lot more!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fuller's. Our community is ready to answer.