FRONTIER AGRICULTURE LTD Employee Reviews

Summer temp worker 2017
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire20 February 2018
I worked here last summer in the lab testing grain coming into storage. It is very long hard days with no opportunity of a break. Also they only pay a flat basis wage even on weekends/ bank holidays with no over time rate. However other Frontier stores pay a overtime rate. I didn’t realise that other Frontier stores pay was better until I spoke to a friend I am in university with. If I would of been given this information about wages/ working unsocial hours I would of avoided the place!!
Pros
Nice friend staff
Cons
Wages/Hours/Workload/Days off
Long hours. Company will take advantage of hard working people.
Site Operative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire14 February 2018
Frontier claims to be a market leader but treat their staff on the frontline poorly. As a site operative you are worked hard in dusty conditions to meet demand. The salary is a joke for a market leading company ( I’ve seen smaller companies in the same industry paying 5k more). Hours are long and be prepared to give up your summer, during harvest (July, August and September)you could expect to work 7 days a week, upto 14+ hours a day and can’t book a weeks holiday in these months. There are far too many managers and not enough site staff. Managers are generally in their own bubble expecting increased workloads without employing more staff. The plant is not upto the work and getting resolutions to these issues is ridiculous. To be fair the training courses are good and job security is a bonus. The operatives are great people to work with making the job enjoyable despite the problems. Unless major changes have been made I would stay clear.
Pros
Job security and friendly site staff.
Cons
Managers, long hours, no time off in summer, dusty conditions, shocking salary.
Great friendly place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire6 February 2017
Frontier was my first company in Agriculture and you soon realise that it's the industry leading company. Because of this, you feel more secure and also the company really invests in the employees. I've been given lots of training opportunities over the last few years which I never got in previous companies.
I feel the management are really approachable and always willing to listen. Really enjoy working Frontier and see myself being here for many years to come.
Pros
Family feel culture, industry leading, lots of training
Wonderful company and Staff
Farm Administrator (Former Employee) –  Holbeach, ENG27 October 2015
I loved working for Frontier, and had i not wanted to go into a different sector i would have stayed.
Treated fairly, but could also have fun with the staff and management there, there was nothing that wasnt too much trouble, of course this ethos was brilliant, if you feel valued, you make the customers feel valued.
Good memories all round!
Pros
finished early peak times (spring summer)
Cons
start early in peak times of year.
can be very busy sometimes in the spring and summer but all enjoyable and great fun .
CROP PROTECTION STOCK CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Holbeach lincs10 April 2015
Can be very busy all depends on the weather . Some days you don't get time to eat .but it is all good fun and enjoyable . My co workers were great . The management sometimes was not so good . I learned a lot while I was there .
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
long hours in the spring and summer
Enjoyable place to work
Farm Inputs Administrator (Current Employee) –  Holbeach, ENG15 February 2015
Started work checking emails and cash reconciliation reports. Sent any card transactions of previous day through to Head Office. Done any Agronomists pricing. Processed supplier invoices, checked supplier statements. Answered telephone.
Over my 35 years service I learnt all aspects of administration.
My line managers have always been fair.
We had a friendly team in the office.
The hardest part of the job was getting pricing reports from Agronomists.
I enjoy all parts of my job.