FRONTIER AGRICULTURE LTD Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Credit Control (Current Employee) –  Witham St Hughs, Lincolnshire13 December 2018
I really enjoy working at Frontier. The days are always varied and the training and courses that are offered are brilliant. Certain seasons are busier than others, and even as office staff we are sometimes needed to start early and work Saturdays, but this is all explained at the interview stage so isn't a surprise. Management are always happy to listen to suggestions from anyone within the company.

There are several staff benefits including a free on site gym and a subsidised canteen.
Long hours. Company will take advantage of hard working people.
Site Operative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire14 February 2018
Frontier claims to be a market leader but treat their staff on the frontline poorly. As a site operative you are worked hard in dusty conditions to meet demand. The salary is a joke for a market leading company ( I’ve seen smaller companies in the same industry paying 5k more). Hours are long and be prepared to give up your summer, during harvest (July, August and September)you could expect to work 7 days a week, upto 14+ hours a day and can’t book a weeks holiday in these months. There are far too many managers and not enough site staff. Managers are generally in their own bubble expecting increased workloads without employing more staff. The plant is not upto the work and getting resolutions to these issues is ridiculous. To be fair the training courses are good and job security is a bonus. The operatives are great people to work with making the job enjoyable despite the problems. Unless major changes have been made I would stay clear.
Pros
Job security and friendly site staff.
Cons
Managers, long hours, no time off in summer, dusty conditions, shocking salary.
HGV Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Fife10 October 2018
Snobby.
Farm Inputs Administrator. (Former Employee) –  Sandy, Bedfordshire11 February 2019
If you work in admin, nobody cares about you. You get the job on the basis that you are accurate and pay attention to detail, but few of the traders or agronomists give a hoot. So you get all the problems, and have to deal with them 100% or the problems end up with...you! The pay is very poor ('Frontier want to be the biggest company in the UK but will never be the biggest payers'). The people are friendly, but this is a joyless, awful job.
Pros
Nice people.
Cons
Everything else.
Great Place to work
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Witham St Hughs, Lincolnshire13 December 2018
My immediate team are great co workers, nothing is too much trouble, and all would go out of their way to help you. A typical day, is no such thing in my department, and this is why I like it here. The most enjoyable part of this job is the team around you. Work is what you make of it, you spend a lot of time here, so its always best to get involved where possible.
Pros
free gym at head office
Great company to work for
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Witham St Hughs, Lincolnshire16 October 2018
I think that Frontier are a great company to work for, who listen to employees and treat people fairly. I enjoy coming to work here and would highly recommend as an employer to others.
Admin (Current Employee) –  Witham St Hughs, Lincolnshire2 August 2018
I really enjoy my job, feel supported within the team and across the company and find all staff at all levels very friendly and approachable. I would recommend working here to anyone - I certainly haven’t looked back.
Pros
Subsidised canteen, on-site gym
Summer temp worker 2017
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire20 February 2018
I worked here last summer in the lab testing grain coming into storage. It is very long hard days with no opportunity of a break. Also they only pay a flat basis wage even on weekends/ bank holidays with no over time rate. However other Frontier stores pay a overtime rate. I didn’t realise that other Frontier stores pay was better until I spoke to a friend I am in university with. If I would of been given this information about wages/ working unsocial hours I would of avoided the place!!
Pros
Nice friend staff
Cons
Wages/Hours/Workload/Days off
Ok place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire8 May 2016
Jobs at Frontier Agriculture depend on which part of the company you work at, If you are front line staff on the ground the hours are long and the work physical. Management are not great a lot of contradicting orders. If your at the bottom of the pile there is endless middle management vying for a little bit of power all having their say, despite not working in that area of the business or geographical area.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Long Hours, Far to much middle management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln England11 May 2018
Interesting and rewarding
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Honingham, Norfolk3 April 2018
During my time at company I undertook some valuable mandatory chemical training and built up knowledge of the agricultural industry within the local area.
can be very busy sometimes in the spring and summer but all enjoyable and great fun .
CROP PROTECTION STOCK CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Holbeach lincs10 April 2015
Can be very busy all depends on the weather . Some days you don't get time to eat .but it is all good fun and enjoyable . My co workers were great . The management sometimes was not so good . I learned a lot while I was there .
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
long hours in the spring and summer
Great friendly place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire6 February 2017
Frontier was my first company in Agriculture and you soon realise that it's the industry leading company. Because of this, you feel more secure and also the company really invests in the employees. I've been given lots of training opportunities over the last few years which I never got in previous companies.
I feel the management are really approachable and always willing to listen. Really enjoy working Frontier and see myself being here for many years to come.
Pros
Family feel culture, industry leading, lots of training
A good work experience placement for an introduction to office work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandy23 July 2016
- A typical day at work was challenging yet not to strenuous and varied.
- I learnt about the Firm (Frontier) as well as the pros & cons of working in an office and similar places of work.
- The management was good and without fault.
- My co workers were good as they let me do things without too much intervention and were understanding of the fact that this was my first work placement and were always supporting and helpful.
- The hardest part of my job was receiving phone calls and giving the lorry drivers information under pressure.
- The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the different sections of the firm. For instance: Reception;Logistics; The lab especially where I carried out work with grain samples.
Pros
Supportive staff and working environment
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wrotham, ENG10 April 2015
I work here three afternoons a week while I look for full time employment. On the afternoons I work here I meet and greet customers, deal with their enquires or complaints. Answering the telephone is my main duty, dealing with customers and orders over the phone as well as filing and inputting invoices into the computer using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The office is a busy workplace with lots of customers and co-workers in and out, I thoroughly enjoy working here and wish to pursue this career in the future.
Pros
Being independent as well as working as a team.
Cons
No full time role avaliable.
Wonderful company and Staff
Farm Administrator (Former Employee) –  Holbeach, ENG27 October 2015
I loved working for Frontier, and had i not wanted to go into a different sector i would have stayed.
Treated fairly, but could also have fun with the staff and management there, there was nothing that wasnt too much trouble, of course this ethos was brilliant, if you feel valued, you make the customers feel valued.
Good memories all round!
Pros
finished early peak times (spring summer)
Cons
start early in peak times of year.
Interesting and fun
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG5 November 2014
A typical day at work consists of weighing in lorries and sampling the commodity on board to check for the type of grain; and the grains protein/moisture/weight etc.
Also have to ensure that all of the equipment, such as; infratec. is calibrated daily.
The hardest part of the job is the long hours during the harvest period.
Enjoyable place to work
Farm Inputs Administrator (Current Employee) –  Holbeach, ENG15 February 2015
Started work checking emails and cash reconciliation reports. Sent any card transactions of previous day through to Head Office. Done any Agronomists pricing. Processed supplier invoices, checked supplier statements. Answered telephone.
Over my 35 years service I learnt all aspects of administration.
My line managers have always been fair.
We had a friendly team in the office.
The hardest part of the job was getting pricing reports from Agronomists.
I enjoy all parts of my job.
Very good Benefits
Grain Administrator (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent9 December 2015
during my day, I process weighbridge tickets, chase hauliers, ensure pre-payments are fully authorised and entered onto the system. deal with credit control queries. deal with internal customers as well as external. I enjoy how varied the role is and not one day is the same. You must be able to process tickets in an accurate and timely manner so must be able to prioritise your own workload.
Pros
Cheap Canteen, friendly people
Cons
not being able to take main holidays during summer holidays due to harvest