Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews
ED team
Great team in ED Slough -
Hard working with lots of

Support - everyone very kind and helpful -

State of the art new building- provide lots of training .
Pros
Staff
Cons
Money
Trust is Full of Lovely People
Frimley Park Hospital is a lovely place to work, people are excellent and brilliant engineers in Estates Department.

People are very caring and very helpful.
Great PMO but a real blame culture everywhere else
Outside of the PMO there is a real blame culture with staff actively sabotaging projects.

There isn't a delivery mentality which makes trying to deliver projects practically impossible. The most productive days are when you work solely with suppliers.
Workplace
Friendly people and very busy environment - if you like a varied and busy role this is the job for you.

Most people are very friend and helpful.

Use varied software and are currently upgrading systems.
Fast pace and highly under valued
The team I work with are wonderful and supportive. My job is face pace and high pressure which I actually enjoy. Sadly currently we have a manager who is not a people person to say the least. Considering they work in health care, the most important thing is climbing the ladder. Team support and wellbeing concern and support is nonexistent. My manager likes to demoralise and demean. The practice is common place with management in FPH
Very good Hospital
One of the best Hospital in south west not until it merge with HWPH. A very well organise Trust with a great view on future technology. Its hard for me to go.
Bullying enviroment & unfair treatment
I was bullied by my service manager and her senior for 3 years. I was dreadfully unhappy In the department I was in & pleaded to be moved but it never happened. I would cry in car park before going in each morning so became unwell this led to more bullying & I was prescribed antidepressants by my gp.
Dynamic Foundation Trust
Frimley Health is a dynamic organisation with many hard-working and dedicated NHS professionals. Frimley at the time I worked there was on an ascendant journey, bringing together two existing NHS Trusts into a single integrated entity which supports a large population with a very broad demographic.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust?
Good work/life balance
As admin for a team of 7 Nurses work is busy and you need to be able to prioritise/ do more than one job at a time.
Team support is good.

Workplace culture is good.

Slough is multicultural; English is not always the first language so listening skills are essential

Hardest part is not taking sad news home with you.
Pros
Annual leave
Cons
Salary
Work place encourages self development and taking on new roles
9-5 job with additional hours woked on the weekends and late nights. Good friendley environment with open culture and multidisciplinary approach. Allowing room to learn and develop new skills and implementing new ideas. The hardest part of the job was working long hours.
Fantastic to work
I have attended this hectic department for around 8 years now as a healthcare assistant, and I think we are very lucky to have such caring and supporting staff and doctors.
Pros
trainings
Awful place to work
The hospital is an environment full of management bullying and their lack of knowledge about policies and procedures is diabolical. The gossiping is terrible and it is a case if your face doesn't fit, then you are constantly picked upon, being told you are not good enough for your banding and nit picking every detail of your work. Highly stressful with the constant tension. They do NOT practice health and well being and do not support staff that are struggling with mental health issues and you are penalised for having a disability.

I would NOT recommend working here, unless you want to have a mental breakdown!
Pros
Good NHS pension
Cons
Bullying, tension, no care and support.
Do not recommend
I worked in both Wexham Park and Frimley Park hospitals in admin roles.
In Frimley, bullying amongst staff was horrendous, yet the management did not want to know about it..

Constant (malicious) gossips in the office, some workers did not do much all day but discussing other workers in their absence.

I felt overburdened by the huge workload that should have been shared between 2-3 people really.

My experiences in Wexham Park were also negative.

As a new starter, I was left to cope with a large workload as a colleague who was supposed to do the same work as I did, was off work most of the time.

Typical scenario was that I worked busily all day whilst others in office were texting and chatting most of the day..

AVOID this Trust.
Pros
Cannot think of any to be honest...
Cons
Bad work culture, unsupportive managers, charges in car park, poor pay
Working at Frimley was wonderful. I felt I was helping people.
I really enjoyed working here. Doctors, midwives, nurses, cares, porters alike. They all contributed to helping the health of the community & I wanted to help them perform they duties.
Pros
Cons
People
Excellent Hospital, Good management
I have loved working at Frimley Park, good support network, many opportunities to further your learning. Good staffing to patient levels. Excellent NEWS team.
Pros
Staff Lottery
Cons
Car parking
Amazing
I loved working here as It was my own way and I was able to finish when I wanted to and start when i wanted to everyone is lovely and you feel like a family
Pros
Coleeges
Cons
Early starts
I do not recommend it
The agency offers £10 and after two weeks the hospital offers you £8 to be part of a bank. If you reject it they tell you to find another job.
Long working hours in a very busy environment.
Pros
Lovely staffs
Cons
Awful wage
ambiente stimolante
stimolante per la crescita e ottimo luogo di lavoro per prima esperienza lavorativa
Constructive, fast paced work place with low pay
A very fast paced busy work place. Can be very rewarding but looked down on frequently. I have been able to learn quite a lot, from being able to take blood pressures, preforming an ECG, Venipuncture ( Blood Taking ), Blood Glucose Monitoring, Removing of Catheters. Not much support from management very rare.The hardest part of the job is being Very understaffed and never having the right staffing ratio very unsafe at times. Can be very rewarding when you see you have helped and supported someone who was very sick and is now fit enough to be discharged and healthy.
Pros
Can be very rewarding job
Cons
Long hours, Low pay, No support from management
Amazing place to work
Lovely staff through out the hospital, lovely place to work in general. Many wards to get a lot of experience on. Wouldn't ever doubt this hospital.
good palce to work for supportive and ambitious
A timely admission of day patients coming in for procedures. time management, team working as a priority.patient satisfaction.good communication with patients
Pros
Cons
12 hr shifts