Friends of the Elderly Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly work place.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth30 April 2018
I really loved my time working with FOTE. The residential home in Bournemouth was so welcoming when I first started, the staff were lovely and everyone was treated as if they were family. I can honestly say, if i could, I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Friendly.
Cons
Sore feet.
A good place to work... for some.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Malvern, Worcestershire18 September 2017
I would definitely think twice before applying for a job here. Questionable standard of employee training with no proper induction process (there was not a introduction to the company and there was no practical involvement). Very clique-y and unprofessional management , keen to blame new starters for old mistakes made.
Pros
HCA's are very welcoming and helpful
Cons
Training needs emproving, as well as needing a proper induction programme.
Nice place to work
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 February 2017
. Very nice place to work and company more advanced than some others. The grounds are beautiful, Christmas made magical for residents, can sometimes be stressful.
chaotic place
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney, Greater London19 January 2017
Typical day involves everyone being a your manager and knowing better of what to do but not actually doing anything

Management is unreachable

You get basic mediator trainings only
Pros
flexibility
Staff bullies
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham10 October 2016
I worked at Sherwood House for the past year. My job was made impossible by a member of staff in my department that just bullied me all the time. I told management but they didn't do anything about it.Which I ended up leaving the company.The resident s are really nice,although they don't do a lot of activities.just sit around all day,so I loved hatting to them when I cleaned their rooms.
friendly place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holybourne hants7 October 2016
I have been working at the lawn care home on and off most of my working life and have found the work rewarding the residents have always been happy with how we have helped them there has always been great opportunity to do training and I have done my N V Q 2in care
Pros
job statfaction
Cons
can be long hours
Once a nice place to work for
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham4 October 2016
This company used to be really good to work for.Reviews in staff working last year, meant staff cut backs, Pay reduced and jobs increased.Time scales to do jobs are impossible. staff unhappy and moral zero.Think twice about applying for a job here.
Cons
Work loads impossible.Even agency staff don't wanna come.
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  ENG9 December 2015
The work was fine, management was confusing, co-workers they were not understanding, the most enjoyable part of the job was cleaning residents rooms, as you'll always have a chat with them and they seem quite bubbly.
Cons
Only bank staff
Great place to work once
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey3 December 2015
This home used to be a good home but then they merged homes to become Nursing + Residential, this caused upset amongst Residents and staff. The head office is money orientated and always trying to cut back!
Pros
Great staff and Residents
Cons
Terrible management at head office
Great atmosphere, surrounded by kindliness of others
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, ENG30 November 2015
Within my work hours I am required to complete the maintenance and cleaning of a certain amount of guests bedrooms.
When doing this I would occasionally interact with the guests whilst also fulfilling my job duties. Having to multitask.
On occasions where there is a shortage of staff I have been more than happy to cover for them, I believe in the aspect of helping others before helping myself.

During my employment for this company I have learned and achieved many things such as:

‌•Improved my english skills
‌•Learned to work individually and part of a team
‌•Gained a number of certificates and training

As for my co-workers, the large majority of them are great at their job, very kind and hard working and always working to please.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that we have the ability to brighten up the residences day by conversing with them and keeping them company in their time of need.
Pros
Located close to my son's school, Great atmosphere, Work alongside kind people
Cons
Exhausting when required to work with shortage of staff
friendly environment
care worker (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, ENG30 July 2015
Helping service users to eat, play games, join in with activities. Hardest part of the job was having the patience to sit and talk with the service users
Productive, but no fun it was hard work everyday.
HEALTH CARE ASSISTANT/ACTING SENIOR (Former Employee) –  Haslemere, Surrey16 November 2014
The above company has no benefits at all. Salary was not good and working conditions were fair.
Pros
Pay for lunch or bring your own.
Cons
Long hours indeed.
Good team
Senior housekeeper (Current Employee) –  London, ENG25 June 2014
Every day is a challenge and we work very hard so our residents are happy in their home. We are up to date with all e-learning and mandatory courses needed to work in a home, our home manager is great and very supportive and will encourage good team work.Trying to keep on top of the high standards is very challenging but good as it keeps us busy. The team i support are great and we all work well together.
Pros
Seeing our residents happy
Cons
Hard work
Caring and excellent job satisfaction
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  ENG12 February 2014
I currently care for the elderly resident at this care home. No two days are the same and I learn something new everyday. The clients I work with are full of exciting stories of their youth. My co-workers are fun to be aroudn who also have a caring nature. The hardest part of the job for me is end of life care. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the clients laugh.
Pros
Friendly, caring company
Cons
Shift work
PA to Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  London6 November 2013
This position was working for the Head of Finance which was a very busy role, liaising with various old people homes on a daily basis, dealing with fees.
Cons
pleasant work place with exellant management,salary,culture
SHCA (Former Employee) –  Redcot,Haslemere25 November 2012
-detailed handover,jobs allocations,evaluated assistance for residents with moderate& high dependency for the day,staff allocations &supervision,medication rounds,requested feedback/ staff comments/,craft room daily activities,home cinema,cognitive stimulation games, excursions trips,GP surgery,fire training for the staff as planned in the diary for the day
-I've learnt the benefits of positive attitude
- Management capable of solving conflicts
-Staff enjoyed team work,evenings out
- the hardest in this job is sudden death of residents I liked ,loved and I was close with
-residents and relatives happy and saying ''thank you ''to you personally in critical situation for everything you have done for them
Pros
good team work
Cons
late lunches after 2pm