Friday Media Group

Friday Media Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom33 reviews
A very friendly organisation to work for. They offer excellent training and help develop sales professionals into fully trained sales people. They promote a fun and friendly working environment!
Don't tend to treat staff with the level of respect they work to deserve. Don't pay basic salary reflective of work required and effort displayed and no room for progression.
FMG is an innovative company that are always looking to move with the times and are not scared of trying new things to keep ahead of the competition. With offices in Miami, Barcelona, Brighton, Preston, Pembroke and India you are able to travel around the world and experience different working cultures which can be eye opening at times.
Impossible to market projects that are never going to work. A waste of time and money. They don't learn from their mistakes. Common sense, if a brand has failed in the past, why would it be any different now under a new name? Abnormal level of staff turnover (never seen anything like it). Too many blaggers here. Very old school.

Some perks like Friday dress down day, early finishes, birthday off, etc etc. The staff are friendly as well. The company is a bit sneaky though, they do try to make things look better than they are. Most of the people that have been here over a year, are either related to senior management, or suck up to them.

Overall not a good place to work. I wouldn't advise it, you are given impossible brand to market and sell.
Awful. Management have absolutely no clue what they're doing. Comission structures change constantly, client complaints are a daily occurence, 100+ dials a day for the sake of activity rather than productiveness, horrendous turnover with only 3-4 long term sales execs who suck up to management.

Decent hours, decent incentives, awful culture. Need to cater to the needs of the clients!
Pros
Incentives
I joined the company In February and I LOVE coming to work. The environment is vibrant and training is ongoing! Great for Personal Development. Not only have I met some great people, I have also been given a FREE Gym Membership which is helping to keep me fit and setting me up nicely for my working day, Continuous personal development and call training provided. The product here sells itself and I genuinely believe in what we have to offer. I have worked several sales type of roles in my previous employment and I have never felt as happy in such a short space of time as I do here.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Not enough hours in the day!
Training was poor, worst job I have been in!
Tracked your company phone so they could follow where you have been! A very odd company! TV cameras in the office so again they could see what you're doing, not a trusting company! High turn over of staff!
Cons
Good company with fair salaries for sales people (I'm in it for the commission, not the basic!) Even entry level sales people get a good opportunity.
Started here a few years back and have had payrises and promotions. I got these because I worked hard for them.

Management are good and reward good performance with incentives like days/nights out. No big ladder to climb because it is a small business but they will create roles if people are worthy! Sales is a revolving door so people do come and if they don't pull their weight, but if you do the job your paid for you will earn good commission!
Pros
commission, social calender, incentives
This place has a very high staff turn over as the role is so bad if you don’t perform they get rid off you. There is no career opportunity. It’s all cold calling business it’s so boring also
Cons
Managerment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Friday Media Group?
Management do not think twice about threatening your job if you do not agree with the unprofessional way they run the business or if you face doesn't fit.

Wouldn't recommend this employer to anyone looking for a role in a professionally run company!!
Pros
Coffee's free
Cons
Unprofessional Management
I can see a lot of these reviews are for sales roles. I can't comment on those, but from a marketing point of view it is a great place to work. You are generally left to get on with your job, with guidance from your manager when needed. Basic salary when starting wasn't great, but there are decent bonus structures in place, as well as financial progression opportunities if you are good at what you do. There are also ongoing training opportunities, so you continue to learn throughout your career.
Pros
Good staff, nice office, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Location, sometimes rubbish music played through office (can work with headphones though)
Very good environment to work in, everyone is very friendly and the vibe is quite relaxed and easy going.

You can take on projects your passionate about and taking initiative is appreciated. You get to work with a lot of different teams regardless of your role, so you're constantly learning and developing from others.

You get lots of training and time to develop your skills. FMG takes on lots of people with different skill ranges and everyone understands that, so you don't have to feel under pressure to be the best straight away.
Pros
Great People, It's not rare to see a dog in the office, half days on Fridays
Days fly by in this fun environment, plenty of chances to learn new skills and expand your knowledge. Management are strong providing clear direction and aiding to provide a happy and productive place to work.
Pros
free fruit, great environment
Cons
public transport links aren't great
I joined Friday Media Group 5 years ago as an entry level marketing executive. I was taught about a wide range of digital marketing tools, techniques and best practices, from Google Analytics to copywriting to email marketing.

It's a really embracing environment to learn in, but most importantly to try new things. There's no blame culture if things don't go as expected, which I was always really thankful for being a newbie.

The work culture is great- No red tape, regular work nights out, a laugh-a-minute in the office and plenty of incentives and rewards.

I've also had the chance to travel a fair bit with my role - I've been to Miami, Amsterdam and Slovenia, as well as plenty of conferences and training workshops in the UK.

Make an effort to get results and be loyal to the company and you can create a really happy career for yourself here!
Pros
Finish at 2 on Fridays, regular training and budget to go to conferences, no blame-culture, good work-life balance
Cons
Can be lots to think about as there are 70 + brands in the portfolio, but help is always on hand and there's a collaborative environment
Great family run company where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Professional atmosphere without the corporate stuffiness. Always room for development for those who have earned it.
Pros
Development, Culture, Great Office
Cons
Salaries are never going to be top end
I learnt so much at Friday Media Group - coming in as a graduate I picked up loads of new skills, including the use of analytical tools as well as commercial and communication skills which was crucial in my job role. The on-the-job training process provided by my manager ensured I was constantly learning and developing. The environment of the workplace is fun and everyone works together as a team, meaning your views and opinions are listened to.
Pros
Half day Fridays, free fruit, self development
Cons
location is a bit out of the way but can get lifts from colleagues / no problem if you drive
Very demoralising company to work for. Poor management and high staff turnover. Within my first week I had seen five people leave and no replacement staff taken on, but the work divided and given to the remaining staff who are all overworked and underpaid. Unrealistic KPIs that ensure you don't receive the promised bonuses.
FMG has an amazing culture and personality

The only problem is consistency is nonexistent with things changing day by day and little warning being given beforehand
If you are hungry for sales and don't mind swimming with sharks then they will reward your hard work with a decent basic and commissions.

You work hard but play harder, the staff outings are legendary if you are into that sort of thing
Pros
Staff outing, good management team, nice people
Cons
Commissions can change
worked here a couple of years ago awful place to work very much dog eat dog competitive and if your not hitting your targets you will either leave or be shown the door.
did not like the company very push selling techniques that very few companies buy into the advertising

too much of a cold calling demoralising role

would not recommend to anyone

you only have to look on linked in to see how many people used to work there.
Pros
salary basic not bad
Cons
very high targets
I have been working at the Friday Media Group for 2 and a half years now. It is one of the most relaxed but professional offices I have worked in.

The progression route is by far one of the most effective and realistic I have seen. this combined with our culture is the reason anyone should be applying for their next career step here.
Pros
Culture and great working environment.
Cons
Fast paced which brings it's challenges.