Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Employee Reviews

Hard work but a great pay off
Freshfields Network and Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 August 2017
I loved working for Freshfields. Being one of the magic circle firms means that what they expect of you is more than any of your previous employers. The standards are high so the work is hard.

The payoff is amazing. You have a great place to work with some amazing people.
Pros
Excellent facilities
Cons
High pressure situations
Fun workspace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 August 2017
Completing work experience at the firm was not only an eye opener to a possible fuure career but a good experience for future work. The business offered free food and there was posituve vibes.
Pros
free food
Great
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 June 2017
Great very good to work, great reputation. Very grateful to work here and very ambitious and charismatic staff who empower each other. Pleasure being at Freshfield.
Great management and helpful supervisors
Paid internship placement (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 June 2017
Working with Freshfield Bruckhaus Deringer was a great experience and taught me various skills such as time management. My communication skills improved and i got know a great IT team.
Great Team and Management
Assistnat Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 May 2017
Personal and corporate tax compliance.
Preparation and submission of individual UK Tax Returns for non-resident parthers, together with all related compliance obligations, tax payments and internal accounting.
Calculation, management of and accounting for parthers' tax reserves.
Assisting with preparation and filing of parthership double taxation relief claims and relating accounting issues.
Contract job.
Pros
Subsidized lunches
Cons
N/a
Professional workplace
Secretary - Commercial Litigation Department (Former Employee) –  Fleet Street, London28 March 2017
Easy going role, busy some days - professional. Helping others if they needed help - team player. If I learnt anything during the course of the day, then I would write it down and let others know.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Hours of work, overtime there if want
Awesome Place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London20 February 2017
Loved working for 6 years. Great team of people around me, The hours were good. It was a Monday to Friday job., so every weekend off is a bonus
Pros
Free Meal, Great Staff Parties
Cons
None at all
Fast paced, high energy and client focussed
Practice Group Manager/Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London10 February 2017
Freshfields is an excellent employer. Benefits are exceptional and culture is good. Expectations are high, however rewards are good.
Pros
Gym, on-site staff restaurant, in-house doctor and dentist
Cons
Work here if you want no life
Secret Spy (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 January 2017
Work life balnce is none existent here, be expected to be treated like a number and not like a human being, be expected to have no support, be expected to work all the hours god sends and getting paid badly, and generally exploited, if you are a woman, don't bother working here, the Management are sexist and also have little to no managerial skills.
If you like working for a concentration camp then this is the place for you.
Pros
walking out the door
Cons
how long have you got
good
Law Intern (Former Employee) –  London16 January 2017
Working on match days at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and serving customers in the premium hospitality section in the Pat Jennings Lounge, typical 8 hour shifts with about 20 minute break, very long and demanding.
Pros
tips and meeting new people
Cons
late finishes
A good Firm to work for.
IT Purchasing Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2017
A major international law firm, with over 2500 lawyers in offices around the world.
A total of over 6000 staff, of which around 2000 are based in London.
Productive and good atmospahere
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London and Manchester9 November 2016
Freshfields is a fantastic place to work. The IT Leadership has always been supportive and motivating as well as understanding the industry they are in which is very demanding.
Pros
Management Support
Cons
They are relocating their Business Services to Manchester
Friendly work place and benefited me alot
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London2 November 2016
Was a very friendly work place, made me feel really comfortable and I leant a lot from being there. I was only there for two weeks on a work experience placement but I really enjoyed it.
Educational, Fun,
Host Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 March 2016
basic hospitality skills I experienced has given me the will power to learn more advanced hospitality skills. The staff and management were very encouraging and friendly and we all got along throughout this busy environment. Throughout the first couple of days I found difficult and only completed duties unless I was ordered to due to being my first experience but this all changed and started using my own imitative. I had fun whilst learning and would like to expand this experience
Pros
friendly staff, busy environment
Productive and Professional Workplace
Project Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  London City27 October 2015
A busy role working with professional and helpful colleauges. Have learnt alot while here and enjoy coming into work everyday.
Pros
Very people orientated culture.
Cons
Only offered contracts
Work shadow placement
- (Former Employee) –  -7 September 2015
• Researched and participated in a debate on corporate responsibility and public relations.
• Liaised with trainees, associates and partners within the finance department.
• Networked with legal assistants and paralegals at the firm to gain a better understanding of their role at Freshfields.
Legal work experience
Shadow of Solicitors (Former Employee) –  London30 July 2015
A typical day would begin at 9am and conclude at 5pm. In order to ensure certain punctuality, I would aim to arrive at work at any time between 8.30 and 8.45. This was done so as to avoid any delay on the Tube - which is somewhat inevitable on the London Underground - in order to arrive at work at the required time. I worked in a group of seven to perform tasks. One of our tasks was to engage in a debate with the other team of 7. This entailed that each member researched and became quite confident in company knowledge. As we worked as a team, I found that communication was essential - any lack of this would result in failure to achieve the task. I believe that in the world of work, communication, punctuality, initiative and dependability are essential features one must obtain. The hardest part of the job for me would simply have been the prospect of being thrown unprecedented changes in the tasks we were given. However I quickly learnt to use this to my advantage as it developed in me the ability to perform well under pressure. I believe the most enjoyable part was conducting my own personal research for the debates - as I regarded this as a method of improving my personal knowledge and skills and consequently improving my work performance.
Pros
Free Lunch, Reasonable Breaks
Cons
Communicating via email (as some did not check their emails regularly)
Productive, challenging and collegiate
I.T Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  london13 May 2015
Everyone was very open and accommodating. A great place to work and be challenged professionally as well as having a great sense of inclusiveness and support.
Pros
great canteen and good work life balance
Cons
potentially long hours dependant on nature of issues
Working at Freshfields
Dispute Resolution Paralegal (Current Employee) –  London, ENG20 November 2014
Document reviewer on a high profile regulatory investigation in the financial markets, in areas of Litigation, Competition & Commercial Law in Portuguese, Spanish, English and French in the Dispute Resolution team.
Translation of supporting documents into English.
Quality check.
Great Colleagues, Management Useless
Corporate Support Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  London11 September 2014
I underwent many experiences whilst working here, I thoroughly enjoyed all of my time at the firm.
I left due to personal reasons.
I was involved in charitable work on behalf of the firm, I ran the firm's social society.
I was very popular and still maintain contacts.
Pros
Colleagues